Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Need help on Speakers for Harman Kardon AVR 2600

Hi,

I have a 14 X 16 size Family room leading to open kitchen on one side and to half bath on the other side.

I have a Harman Kardon AVR 2600 receiver. I am trying to buy speakers for the same. I am looking for Fronts, Rears, Center and a subwoofer. I listen to music 50% and Movies 50%. I not inclined towards floor standing speakers as they will not suit my room. I am looking at bookshelf. I want a system that matches all speakers and sub.

This is what I am looking at

RTI A1's ($235 per pair in electronics-expo) as fronts
    RTI A1's ($235 per pair in electronics-expo) as surrounds
    CSI A3 ($129 at J&R), CSI 4 ($200) or a CS10 ($90 amazon) as center
    Velodyne Impact 12 (electronics-expo for $238) or Polk PSW 505 ($200)

My budget for all speakers and sub < $1000. I can extend it though if I have to. I need a quality system. What do you guys think?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Also any suggestions on where i can buy these for good prices? Any good deals

Thanks,
    Bhargava

Welcome to Club Polk.
    Also check out Polk Direct on ebay for some good prices.

Main HT/2 ch:
    Pioneer SC-07, BDP-05FD, Emotiva XPA-5 x 2, XPA-1 x 2,
    Polk Audio LSi25, RTi12 x 2, LSi15 x 4, LSiC x 2, PSW1000 x 4,

MB HT/ 2 ch:
    LG 47LM5800, Pioneer SC-1523, BDP-23FD, Sony BDP-S790, Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5,
    Polk Audio LSi25,15, CSi5, LSiFX, PSW505 x 4

Listening Room 2 ch:
    McIntosh MC122, MC162, MC202, C15, C41, C42, MA6500, MA6900, MCD201, MCD301, MR85, MX130, MX134
    Emotiva RSP-2, RPA-1, ERC-2
    Adcom GCD 750, GFP 750, GFA 5802
    Polk Audio LSi7,9, 15

Thank You.

Any suggestions on the speakers?

I'd rule out the CS10 as it's not timbre matched to the Rti's. I think Rti's are a great choice, especially with Harman Kardon receivers. I have the psw505 and love it but i've never heard the Velodyne so it's hard to compare.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

WELCOME TO CLUB POLK!!

The Harman Kardon should pair up nicely with the Rti-A1s all the way around and the CSI-A4 (although you might want to consider the larger CSi-A6 if you have the room). You may also want to look at Polk's surround speakers FXi-A4 (dipole/bipole configurations) but the A1s will work too. As for the subs. I have not heard that particular Velodyne. But entry level Velodynes are average products and I think that unless you're shelling out 500+ dollars on a Velo...you're better off with the Polk 505.

Have fun!

cnh

I have heard a lot about Velodyne and I thought i will check it out with others. You might be right about the Entry level subs from Velodyne. Thanks for your input on PSW505. My friend has a PSW10 and it sounds great. I thought 505 should be better than that.

I was looking more at A3 or A4 for Center channel as they timbre match with RTI series.

Thanks for your suggestion about FXi-A4. I am new to polk speakers. I will look more into them. Not sure about the price too.

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    WELCOME TO CLUB POLK!!

The Harman Kardon should pair up nicely with the Rti-A1s all the way around and the CSI-A4 (although you might want to consider the larger CSi-A6 if you have the room). You may also want to look at Polk's surround speakers FXi-A4 (dipole/bipole configurations) but the A1s will work too. As for the subs. I have not heard that particular Velodyne. But entry level Velodynes are average products and I think that unless you're shelling out 500+ dollars on a Velo...you're better off with the Polk 505.

Have fun!

cnh

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

That'll work. But the CSi-A6 is also timbre matched to all the Rti-A series speakers. The only reason I suggest it is, and you will hear this from most of us here, that 50 percent or more of your surround info on a DVD or B-ray is carried by the center channel. So, depending on the size of your room, if it's not too small, you want to get the biggest baddest center in the series if you can 'fit' it somewhere in your system.

Velodyne makes some very nice subs...mid level subs start with something like the DLS-4000 series http://www.velodyne.com/vproducts/de...0R_Details.pdf

Higher models like the MiniVee 10 boast a 1000/2000 (peak) watts of power and 21.6lbs driver magnets http://www.velodyne.com/vproducts/de...10_Details.pdf

Then there is the Optimum and DD (Digital Drive) series....both a bit pricey! Certainly more than the above. Peruse their site?

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 11-06-2010 at 08:04 PM.

I'll take your suggestion on the center speaker. I saw CSI A4 on electronics-expo for 185 after applying coupon code with free shipping and no tax. Is this a good deal? I will check out the ebay Polk direct too.

That'll work. But the CSi-A6 is also timbre matched to all the Rti-A series speakers. The only reason I suggest it is, and you will hear this from most of us here, that 50 percent or more of your surround info on a DVD or B-ray is carried by the center channel. So, depending on the size of your room, if it's not too small, you want to get the biggest baddest center in the series if you can 'fit' it somewhere in your system.

Velodyne makes some very nice subs...mid level subs start with something like the DLS-4000 series http://www.velodyne.com/vproducts/de...0R_Details.pdf

Higher models like the MiniVee 10 boast a 1000/2000 (peak) watts of power and 21.6lbs driver magnets http://www.velodyne.com/vproducts/de...10_Details.pdf

Then there is the Optimum and DD (Digital Drive) series....both a bit pricey! Certainly more than the above. Peruse their site?

cnh

Member Sales Rating: (17)

you want to get the biggest baddest center in the series if you can 'fit' it somewhere in your system.

+1

But I went 4 steps better, I bought 5 center speakers and placed them all around my room, Oh man you should hear this system!!!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Thread Information