Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default just picked up a cs2

:Djust won a cs2 from polk audio direct for 72 dollars plus 20 for shipping :Dwill i see a big difference from my cs1
    Budget 5.1 H.T. Set Up
    HK avr 247 - Adcom GFA-7605 - Belkin PF60 Power Conditioner - Cs2 center channel - Monitor 60's fronts - Monitor 30's rears
    Mirage Bps 150i powered sub - 40"Samsung LCD ln40c530 - Sony Blu Ray Player BDP-S370 - Comcast digital hd box(motorola dcx3400)
    Monoprice Premium Interconnects Monoprice Ultra Slim HDMI w/Redmere -Knukonceptz Kord 10 Gauge Speaker Wire - Nakamichi Banana Plugs
    Custom Jumpers

Anybody .....come on guys what are the benefits of a cs2 over a cs1....I know a lot of polkies are running cs2 .....advice thoughts comments whatever.....
    Budget 5.1 H.T. Set Up
    HK avr 247 - Adcom GFA-7605 - Belkin PF60 Power Conditioner - Cs2 center channel - Monitor 60's fronts - Monitor 30's rears
    Mirage Bps 150i powered sub - 40"Samsung LCD ln40c530 - Sony Blu Ray Player BDP-S370 - Comcast digital hd box(motorola dcx3400)
    Monoprice Premium Interconnects Monoprice Ultra Slim HDMI w/Redmere -Knukonceptz Kord 10 Gauge Speaker Wire - Nakamichi Banana Plugs
    Custom Jumpers

Member Sales Rating: (2)

I'm gonna say the bigger the better for a center channel unless i am wrong.I mean after all,isn't the center one of the most important speakers since the dialog comes from there?
    Living Room Monitor 60's*CS2*FXi A6's*VSX 21txh*BD-P1590
    Spare Room RTi A7*CSi A6*FXi A4's*Epik Legend*BDP-05fd*DVL-919 Laserdisc/DVD player

Member Sales Rating: (1)

What are your front speakers? We need a little more info to give an opinion.

I would think you can get more out of the CS2. More sound, use more wattage. More is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

i havent heard a cs1 but my cs2 is performing pretty good for me.
    Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
    -Jimi Hendrix

fronts are monitor 60's backs are monitor 30's
    Budget 5.1 H.T. Set Up
    Custom Jumpers

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Should make a noticeable difference. I run a CS2 with M-70s up front and M-30s in the back...couldn't be happier. CS2...louder, fuller, and even a bit more detail--particularly good on dialog. You'll be happy. And the HK will give you a bit more warmth....I had to tweak the CS2 on the Monster Onkyo I run--set it back -3db less than the fronts and trim the top end a little.

Enjoy!

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 10-29-2010 at 03:59 PM.

beautiful ......now the waiting game polk generally ships pretty quick though
    Budget 5.1 H.T. Set Up
    Custom Jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    Should make a noticeable difference. I run a CS2 with M-70s up front and M-30s in the back...couldn't be happier. CS2...louder, fuller, and even a bit more detail--particularly good on dialog. You'll be happy. And the HK will give you a bit more warmth....I had to tweak the CS2 on the Monster Onkyo I run--set it back -3db less than the fronts and trim the top end a little.

Enjoy!

cnh
    how are those seventies treating ya
    Budget 5.1 H.T. Set Up
    Custom Jumpers

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I really like the 70s...especially in my HT. As Doro sometimes says...HT is easy...or it's not as difficult to get right as 2 channel. In my room with the TX-SR 805 Onkyo (a medium-sized room), and a 300 watt RMS 12" sub. Well, I don't really need to worry about DVDs and Blu-rays for a while.

The room shakes, the lighting fixtures rattle, and the boom drives through the ceiling into my wife's office upstairs. I could upgrade, of course. But why bother?

Now in the two channel...I'm still tweaking, buying, switching out, etc.

I'm sure with that HK. Things sound pretty good in your house as well.

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 10-29-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    I really like the 70s...especially in my HT. As Doro sometimes says...HT is easy...or it's not as difficult to get right as 2 channel. In my room with the TX-SR 805 Onkyo (a medium-sized room), and a 300 watt RMS 12" sub. Well, I don't really need to worry about DVDs and Blu-rays for a while.

The room shakes, the lighting fixtures rattle, and the boom drives through the ceiling into my wife's office upstairs. I could upgrade, of course. But why bother?

Now in the two channel...I'm still tweaking, buying, switching out, etc.

I'm sure with that HK. Things sound pretty good in your house as well.

cnh
    yes very good once the new center gets put in place things will sound awesome ....i was blown away the first time i heard the hk ,not ever listening to one prior.....i grew up on a cheap sony ....so this was like a whole new world ......still tweaking the settings here and there but overall im thrilled.....50 watts per channel and i still dont need to turn it up past -35 on tv viewing the loudest i had this thing was -20.....also just got my sub all dialed in a couple weeks ago what a world of difference that made.....im loven life right now..... need a 3 or a 5 channel amp though something that sounds as good if not better than the hk
    Budget 5.1 H.T. Set Up
    Custom Jumpers

Member Sales Rating: (11)

The advantages should be obvious really. It's bigger.

This equals lower bass extension and less stress across all of the low end in general. Smoother midrange due to being able to produce the low end with less effort. Bigger overall image and better blending with the front L/R due to the bigger size.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    The advantages should be obvious really. It's bigger.

This equals lower bass extension and less stress across all of the low end in general. Smoother midrange due to being able to produce the low end with less effort. Bigger overall image and better blending with the front L/R due to the bigger size.
    good point..... hoping the wife doesn't notice the size difference....trying to pull the ole switcharoo!!!!!!!
    Budget 5.1 H.T. Set Up
    Custom Jumpers

Front Monitor 60's, rear 30's, and CS2 center ? Enjoy.

HT is easier, as Doro says, but a little more power will help out your Monitors Although a 50 w/channel HK is an honest 50 watts; you shouldn't suffer too much.

BTW, if your wife notices the difference between the C1 and C2 (and she will), just tell her "Oh, I got a bigger speaker grill".

.....which is true.

........ kind of.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigbluelight View Post
    Front Monitor 60's, rear 30's, and CS2 center ? Enjoy.

HT is easier, as Doro says, but a little more power will help out your Monitors Although a 50 w/channel HK is an honest 50 watts; you shouldn't suffer too much. :
    haha yeah thats a good one.....she may notice she doesnt pay much attention to that stuff though.....but yeah it is considerably bigger.....btw was that comment about my speakers good or bad ....?
    Budget 5.1 H.T. Set Up
    Custom Jumpers

so i got the cs2 on friday and installed it when the wifey was out.....hehhehheehhe.....she doesnt even know ....hahaha.....this thing sounds great much better than the cs1 much more clear and crisp.....not bad for a grand total of ninety dollars from polk direct .....shipping included in that number......but yeah im very happy i noticed i have had my avr lik 5-8 db lower listening levels and havent even noticed until today......even that being said it blends with the fronts awesome......do you guys know anyone who drills two holes in a brand new speaker for mounting purposes that would be me......dont be alarmed i am a carpenter and a good one by trade.....1/8 " hole on the outside edge of either side of the speaker about 3" from the front and 3/8"in from the side.....this is the top of the cabinet we are talking about because it is screwed to the body side of a shelf......lol i wouldnt do it if i didnt have too but hey if your gonna do it then do it right......
    Budget 5.1 H.T. Set Up
    Custom Jumpers

Thread Information