Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by cstmar01 View Post
    If the are the same please do this. Rip the back out of the LED and LCD set and compare, pretty sure you will be in for a surprise. Yes the front panel is the same, but the way they are lit is different, geezee.

and if you don't have curtains or like to do low light level viewing, Yeah it makes a difference. Big deal I called your baby ugly, get over it.

I like plasma personally just because its a cheaper TV doesn't make it bad, its just cheaper.
    LED TV is nothing but LCD TV whose back light technology is based on LED technology. The display screen still employs LCD technology. (The display screen is NOT made of LED technology

Member Sales Rating: (1)

He gets it.....it's just that he says he knows the difference, then goes ballastic about anything that makes LED sound like it's related to LCD........thus my mental question......ha
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Quote Originally Posted by brettw22 View Post
    He gets it.....it's just that he says he knows the difference, then goes ballastic about anything that makes LED sound like it's related to LCD........thus my mental question......ha
    Brett, just shut up.

Oh and btw the use of .... and never puting a period in your post, thus making a run on sentence makes you look like a 15 year old.
    2 Channel-
    Soundlab M3PX
    BAT VK-31
    Wyred SX1000 monos
    Esoteric DV50
    Dynavector p75 modded phono stage
    Rega P25 modded-Denon 103R Cart
    Squeezebox Touch
    Modded Music Hall DAC Burson op amps
    Richard Grey 600S
    MIT Shotgun IC's and SC

"......" doesn't sound douchey

If the are the same please do this. Rip the back out of the LED and LCD set and compare, pretty sure you will be in for a surprise. Yes the front panel is the same, but the way they are lit is different, geezee.

and if you don't have curtains or like to do low light level viewing, Yeah it makes a difference. Big deal I called your baby ugly, get over it.
    Whatever. I really don't give a **** anymore and Brett get off your high horse. You want to call me mental?
    then how about this. I won't ever bother speaking to you Brett. I don't give a ratass about you and you don't like how I post, then stop reading it and put me on ignore. If you go to the next polkfest I won't ever bother talking to you, fair?
    Brett, just shut up.
    ** Text in red = douchey

Quote Originally Posted by brettw22 View Post
    "......" doesn't sound douchey

** Text in red = douchey
    and the point is? So Brett, I must take it that you're an angel and nothing you have ever said is douchey?

why do you care so much how old I am? You read all my posts, and I've stated it before openly on the forum.

Dude got pissed because I said the panny plasma is a cheaper TV, why? because it is. LED and LCD have a purpose too, and plasma is not always the answer for the best TV. Dude then went on to say how he doesn't feel they are cheaper when in fact they are. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, they are. Which I have already posted, so why do you care so much about what I was saying to him?

Pretty sure Brett, from what I've read on the forum in your postings you have no place to talk like you are some great person that has never insulted, put down, made a poor choice of words, never said anything hurtful or annoying to someone, or back talked someone, so why care now?

Also my age has nothing to do with it, how old are you??? I posted something that is my opinion, frankly if you don't like it, then don't read it, or put me on ignore. You call me douchey yet make snide remarks such as "I'm mental" and "a moron" which really doesn't help at all to anything and also makes you look "douchey".
    2 Channel-
    Soundlab M3PX
    BAT VK-31
    Wyred SX1000 monos
    Esoteric DV50
    Squeezebox Touch
    Richard Grey 600S
    MIT Shotgun IC's and SC

Technically, I said the comments were douchey after I asked if you were mental.

I'm taking this far less personally than you seem to be for some reason. I was just commenting on your OVERresponse to someone's post. That's all.

Try to have a good night (even if that means logging off for the night).

Member Sales Rating: (6)

and the point is? So Brett, I must take it that you're an angel and nothing you have ever said is douchey?

why do you care so much how old I am? You read all my posts, and I've stated it before openly on the forum.

Dude got pissed because I said the panny plasma is a cheaper TV, why? because it is. LED and LCD have a purpose too, and plasma is not always the answer for the best TV. Dude then went on to say how he doesn't feel they are cheaper when in fact they are. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, they are. Which I have already posted, so why do you care so much about what I was saying to him?

Pretty sure Brett, from what I've read on the forum in your postings you have no place to talk like you are some great person that has never insulted, put down, made a poor choice of words, never said anything hurtful or annoying to someone, or back talked someone, so why care now?

Also my age has nothing to do with it, how old are you??? I posted something that is my opinion, frankly if you don't like it, then don't read it, or put me on ignore. You call me douchey yet make snide remarks such as "I'm mental" and "a moron" which really doesn't help at all to anything and also makes you look "douchey".
    LMAO I never got pissed. You have no idea about TV's so we will just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    Absolutely,

If you think that LED is better than a good plasma then it is usually due to the 'pop' that the neon bright colors have on on LED as opposed to more 'natural' real world color on the plasma.

I just bought a 32" LCD (bedroom set) and my wife is overly impressed with that very 'brightness' but if both sets were properly calibrated you'd see a more realistic image on the plasma. Look around your living room....what does the color there look like. Is it 'flaming' bright or a more muted hue?

cnh
    Same thing I noticed too. Plasma's color is more real while LCD saturates it and brightens the crap out of it. Of coarse there are times when I enjoy the torch mode on the plasma. Like when watching Harry Potter movies. The torch mode just says wow with all the dark scenes. To me,plasma is like looking out your window, and lcd is like looking at a Mac computer screen, if that makes any sense.

Last edited by cstmar01; 11-06-2010 at 10:19 AM.
    2 Channel-
    Soundlab M3PX
    BAT VK-31
    Wyred SX1000 monos
    Esoteric DV50
    Squeezebox Touch
    Richard Grey 600S
    MIT Shotgun IC's and SC

damn this went south.

LOL

cant we all just get along?
    mole'

Quote Originally Posted by mole' View Post
    i had a 50" PANNY Plasma before.

it was the TH-50PZ85U

it was nice but nowhere near my 52" Sony LED
    Quote Originally Posted by grif32 View Post
    The TH-50PZ85U I believe was made in 2008, nice TV but old. Compare today's Plasma to an LED and Plasma wins IMHO.

The G Series which replaced the TH-50PZ85U is so much better in every category, PQ, Brightness etc.
    ya i picked it up in Dec 08. it was a really nice TV and $$ at the time.
    mole'

Thread Information