Well this has been one heck of a day, and a little taxing.
Had a second interview with a property developer/manager in town today and things went extremely well. Sounds like it's down to myself and 1 other candidate. Problem is, the other guy already works for the company in question, so he has that going for him. I'm friends with the controller there though, so I've got that in my court at least.
Hah, since we've lost 2 valuable people in my group at my current job in the last month, I also took that as an opportunity to ask for a rather significant (to me at least) pay increase. I don't know what my director thinks, but I'm hoping to get 1/2 to 2/3rds of what I asked for for my increase.
Stressful day! Now if I get an offer on the new job, things get more difficult/ interesting. Stay where I'm at and enjoy my security/ comfort with my role, or go work for a new company and get some different experience in the world of commercial real estate??
Tough decision, and hopefully one I'll have to make in a couple of weeks...I think I know the answer to my internal debate (taking the new job sounds most appealing to me), but the thought makes me a little nervous.....getting comfortable where you work is both a blessing and a curse apparently.
Anyone else battled a decision like that recently? What made you decide to stay or go?