Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Mixing Polk Audio series, TSI300 with Csi A3

I recently bought a new center channel, the CSi A4. I was running a full JBL setup but when I went to a flat screen, I needed to add some better mids and highs to the center. The CSi A4 filled that gap pretty well, but leaned more towards the highs, so I left my old center in play as well. I know this is a stupid setup, but it gives me a bit more depth.

So, in an effort to fill the gap between the sub and highs even better (while removing the second center speaker), I'm contemplating replacing my bookshelves with the Tsi300's.

I can't afford the Rti A5's, so I figured I'd look at the next level down, Tsi.

After listening to them in the store, they sound like they will add the ranges I want to add.

I'll deal with the rear surrounds at a later date.

What I'm using now:
    Front: JBL E20
    Center: Polk Audio CSi A4 (was running JBL CS25)
    Rear: JBL E10

I was also contemplating getting the RTi A1's for the fronts to add the brightness that the CSi A4 added. The low-mid and high that the TSI300's put out is hard to ignore though. I haven't found a place to hear the RTi A1's compared to the TSI300's to tell for sure how different they sound. My guess is though that the RTi A3's would be a better choice. May try to find a place that has all 3 so I can hear them side by side before I buy anything.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone else had mixed like I'm thinking of doing. How well do they blend?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

WELCOME TO CLUB POLK!!

While only your ears will tell you if that CSI-4 sounds good with some TSI-300s...the general rule is to timbre match the front three. It's NOT an implacable rule though?

IMO: With a decent sub two Rti-A3s and a CSI-4 should sound pretty good in a small to mid-sized room? I've run this on a Denon AVR 2807 with Rti-4s as rears and it all sounds good.

Of course the larger center would give you even more. But my secondary system is in a smallish room.

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 11-26-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Was just curious if anyone here had run the CSi A4 with the TSi300's.

I have found the RTi A5's at about $600 shipped from polk direct on ebay. That's $200 more than I wanted to spend, but $400 less than retail. It just means I save up a bit longer. I'm not a CC user, so as a general rule of thumb, if I don't have the cash, I don't buy until I do.

The only real downside is that I can't hear them and take them back if I don't like them. At least not at a small expense. I really need to find a store that has them so I can hear them.

Forgot to mention, I'm running an older Yamaha receiver: HTR-5740
    http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio..._u/?mode=model

I've seen this receiver push some larger JBL's amongst others at box stores as it was being used for demonstration purposes. So I don't think power is an issue. Especially since I'll never have it that loud. I live in an apartment. So, full rich sound is what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 11-26-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Was just curious if anyone here had run the CSi A4 with the TSi300's.

I have found the RTi A5's at about $600 shipped from polk direct on ebay. That's $200 more than I wanted to spend, but $400 less than retail. It just means I save up a bit longer. I'm not a CC user, so as a general rule of thumb, if I don't have the cash, I don't buy until I do.

The only real downside is that I can't hear them and take them back if I don't like them. At least not at a small expense. I really need to find a store that has them so I can hear them.

Forgot to mention, I'm running an older Yamaha receiver: HTR-5740
    http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio..._u/?mode=model

I've seen this receiver push some larger JBL's amongst others at box stores as it was being used for demonstration purposes. So I don't think power is an issue. Especially since I'll never have it that loud. I live in an apartment. So, full rich sound is what I'm looking for.
    Look for a pair of RTi8's. They're hard to find these days, but go for <300 when you do see them, and are timbre matched to the CSi-A4.

The RTi-A3 is another option. The RTiA5/RTi8's don't really play deeply enough to absolutely need a tower enclosure (coming from an old RTi8 owner).
    My System Showcase!

Media Room
    Paradigm Studio 60 - Paradigm CC-690 - Paradigm ADP-390 - Epik Empire - Anthem MRX300 - Emotiva XPA-5

Living-room
    Paradigm MilleniaOne - Rythmik F12GSE - Onkyo TX-SR805 - Adcom 5400

Headphones
    Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear - Shure SE215 - Fiio E18 Kunlun

Well, I was able to listen to the RTi A5's compared to the Tsi300/400 series today and if I buy anything, it will be the A5's. They also had my center channel, so it was very easy to hear the difference in sound quality between the tsi300's and the center channel.

Thread Information