Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (15)

Default Pioneer 51FD playback issue

Anyone else with this player have issues with The Expendables? I searched around online, and it seems there's a few people seeing my same problem with certain newer blurays.

Says "loading" forever, then comes up with "unknown disc" on the player itself, and shows "cannot play disc" on the tv.

Kindof pissing me off. I'm downloading the new firmware update now, but it doesn't seem to be doing much for anyone else.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Just order the disc from pioneer with new filmware update. It takes about 2-3 days to get and it's easier IMO!!

I will update this thread when I play my disc this weekend!!

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Might be time for a new player. I owned this unit as well and it didn't play a couple discs so I would just use another player.

Have you guys played Avitar on your players??

Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    Just order the disc from pioneer with new filmware update. It takes about 2-3 days to get and it's easier IMO!!

I will update this thread when I play my disc this weekend!!
    Lol, takes about 5 minutes to download and burn the update to a CDR then carry it out. No big deal. Hopefully this fixes it. This is the first one i've had a problem with. Avatar didn't want to play at first, but when i updated it was fine.

So yes... i've played Avatar on the 51FD. Looked great. (After the update)
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

I never had luck downloading that filmware from pioneer..That's the only reason I said that, I have heard other people having problems with it as well.

Glad it worked for you.

So is the filmware updated from when you had to do it for Avitar?? That's the last time I updated mine..

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    Might be time for a new player. I owned this unit as well and it didn't play a couple discs so I would just use another player.
    The 51FD is a very nice player but Blu ray players get old real quick especially the non network models. This was a design flaw right from the start. All Blu ray player should have been network firmware upgradable as they need to be updated all the time. It's a hassle , I know I run around many times upgrading older model players. I usually sell them a new player and stop the madness with the update disc's.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    I never had luck downloading that filmware from pioneer..That's the only reason I said that, I have heard other people having problems with it as well.

Glad it worked for you.

So is the filmware updated from when you had to do it for Avitar?? That's the last time I updated mine..
    No, that was the last time i updated it, although i just successfully updated to 1.69a which is the newest, and still no luck.

Honestly, i think it's more likely that i got a bum disc than it is that the player is messed up. We've had bad discs before, even new releases. It happens. I'll just have to grab another copy tomorrow and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    The 51FD is a very nice player but Blu ray players get old real quick especially the non network models. This was a design flaw right from the start. All Blu ray player should have been network firmware upgradable as they need to be updated all the time. It's a hassle , I know I run around many times upgrading older model players. I usually sell them a new player and stop the madness with the update disc's.
    Eh, not too many updates for this thing, and it's not too terribly inconvenient for me to spend 5-10 minutes updating it twice a year. :tongue: It's a player that retailed for $600, i'm not about to ditch it unless it's totally broken, since i don't feel like spending the money to get something at the same level/better.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
    No, that was the last time i updated it, although i just successfully updated to 1.69a which is the newest, and still no luck.

Honestly, i think it's more likely that i got a bum disc than it is that the player is messed up. We've had bad discs before, even new releases. It happens. I'll just have to grab another copy tomorrow and see what happens.

Eh, not too many updates for this thing, and it's not too terribly inconvenient for me to spend 5-10 minutes updating it twice a year. :tongue: It's a player that retailed for $600, i'm not about to ditch it unless it's totally broken, since i don't feel like spending the money to get something at the same level/better.
    It's your choice , it was just a suggestion to help you with your problem your having. I see this all the time and upgrade my customers. Now they are worry free. I have replaced 1200.00 Blu ray players with 299.99 players and they are better in just about every way not to mention my customers are so much happier with load times , easy firmware upgrades and Network streaming services.None of the older players offered.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Well, maybe you can explain to me what the problem is, then?

From what i'm seeing, it seems like a lack of updates. Pioneer in general doesn't seem to have released many updates very often for any of their players. Streaming services i don't care about, just one more thing to complicate stuff and one more thing for me to not understand, and i find the firmware upgrades easy at the moment. What i don't like is the frequency or lack thereof of them.

But if i'm off base, i'm all ears and open to suggestions to good budget players that won't be a step backwards from the Pio in any way.

Thread Information