Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thumbs up New Jolida in the House!

My new JD-100A arrived last Friday and the TJ Full Music 12AX7's showed up on Monday. I listened to the stock tubes a little over the weekend and was starting to wonder if this unit would be a keeper. My old modified Yammy sounded better - quite a bit better really. To be fair, they weren't broken in - but the stock tubes suck!

I put the TJ's and some Dynamat Xtreme in on Monday expecting to be less than blown away until the TJ's were broken in. I almost fell out of my chair when I turned it on. Holy ***t this thing sounds good!!! I'm not sure what to expect when they do break in but I'm already blown away. My 2B-TL's never sounded so good. Transparent, detailed, smooth, punchy, air, imaging, tone, etc., etc.

I was debating between the TJ's and Pavanes. The TJ's sound amazing but I'm still wondering what the Psvanes would sound like. Who told me about tubes -- this is all your fault!!!! Thanks, I'm lovin' it! Now, I just need to get Larry's rings installed.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Congrats! I have the Pavanes in my JD100 and they are really sweet sounding tubes. Never heard the TJ's so need to give them a try some day. They will sound even better after some breaking in.
    System
    ModWright SWL 9.0SE Signature Preamp | Aragon 8008 Mk II Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    Squeezebox Touch |Rega DAC
    | Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner (Joseph Chow Mods)

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Congrat's on the player Stew and enjoy. Yes, the stock tubes really do suck. I'm currently running with Ei-Gold pin 12AX7's and I have no complaints. This CDP also responds well to a PC upgrade and isolation footing, especially the isolation footing.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Member Sales Rating: (19)

I also run the Ei Elite Gold Pins in my JD100, however I have the feeling the Sovtek 12ax7LPS that I am running in my phono pre would also be a good choice for the Jolida CDP.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999 View Post
    I also run the Ei Elite Gold Pins in my JD100, however I have the feeling the Sovtek 12ax7LPS that I am running in my phono pre would also be a good choice for the Jolida CDP.
    I ran the Sovteks before the Pavanes. For one thing the Sovteks lasted less than a year before they went T.U.. Also, the Pavanes flat out kick their butt.

Isolation damping is something I need to try. I run a Pangea AC-14 to my player.
    System

I got the Sorbothane risers pictured below. They made one hell of a difference when the volume got a little louder than loud background music. They got rid of "this noise or unwanted artifact" in the music I couldn't quite put my finger on, but turned out to be harmonics. Tremendous difference at extreme loudness. The cat who makes them is Rick and his site has many different options. http://avrisers.com/default.aspx

I'm sure any isolation solution would work, I just thought I'd share with you what I have had success with. Enjoy the music.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

no affiliation....

but i want one too....

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ele/2088790662.html
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Ei gold pins...haven't tried the Pavanes.

Be sure to upgrade the power cord.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I was running Sovtek 12ax7LPS in mine and had great results but, I wanted a little bit more on the top end and used F1's suggestion of going with the EI' and power cord change, that put the sound where I wanted it to be. soooo +1 on the EI's here.

I'd like to try the Ei's and the Psvanes sometime but the TJ's are sounding really, really good in my system right now.

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    I got the Sorbothane risers pictured below.
    Those look like a great deal at $35 for a set of four! There is already some sorbothane type material between each foot and the base of the player on mine. Are the feet on yours like mine or solid?

F1nut - I remember one of your posts where you talked about using Dynamat Xtreme in this player. I've done the lid so far. What all did you Dynamat?

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Anything that didn't move.

Seriously, any bare metal inside the chassis. However, I think just doing the lid is probably enough.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Are the feet on yours like mine or solid?
    I don't know. I've never seen your feet. I have the ones pictured above sitting below the stock feet.

Treitz3 - The stock feet on mine aren't rigidly attached to the base of the player. They are attached with some type of sorbothane like material. I'll try to get a picture. I was just curious if they're all like this. Either way, I'm sure additional sorbothane couldn't hurt. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Anything that didn't move.
    LOL - If a little is good .......

This is the next step for my player if I ever decide to pull the trigger...

http://www.underwoodhifi.com/mod_jol...nchor-JD-28247
    System

Member Sales Rating: (7)

You Jolida 100 guys should be sure to do a search here and see what F1nut/Jesse did with his Jolida.

The search function is a great tool !! USE IT

Thread Information