Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Default XFinity and Comcast are craptastic

Comcast internet service has been down for over an hour. Comcast phone number is busy. Got through once in the past hour and while the automatic system was transferring me, it hung up on me. Been waiting on chat for an agent for about 45 minutes.

The problem is their DNS servers. I'm sure they will try to convince me its my wiring so they can come by levy a service charge.

Fortunately I have internet tethering through my phone or I would not be able to post this.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Comcast internet service has been down for over an hour. Comcast phone number is busy. Got through once in the past hour and while the automatic system was transferring me, it hung up on me. Been waiting on chat for an agent for about 45 minutes.

The problem is their DNS servers. I'm sure they will try to convince me its my wiring so they can come by levy a service charge.

Fortunately I have internet tethering through my phone or I would not be able to post this.
    If it's DNS then go into your network adapter properties and use 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 for primary and 2ndary DNS.

See if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jinjuku View Post
    If it's DNS then go into your network adapter properties and use 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 for primary and 2ndary DNS.

See if it helps.
    Dude that worked. Thanks.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Yeah, that's a good public service announcement for ANYONE who's even moderately tech savvy - log into your router and change your primary and secondary DNS servers. Using the ones provided by your ISP is a recipe for slowness and outages.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Ok after an hours wait, a rep did come onto chat and acknowledged the DNS problem. No solution provided though... just that it will be fixed within 24 hours and a credit provided. How sweet. 24 hour SLA for fixing a DNS server. Someone should get their pay docked if it takes them 24 hours to get a DNS server back online.

Quote Originally Posted by bobman1235 View Post
    Yeah, that's a good public service announcement for ANYONE who's even moderately tech savvy - log into your router and change your primary and secondary DNS servers. Using the ones provided by your ISP is a recipe for slowness and outages.
    Good call. I added those two on the router itself. The second one is owned by google. Who owns the first?

Thread Information