Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default using apple TV with soundbar 3000

Just got a soundbar 3000 and have it hooked up to my TV box (pioneer 50" Plasma) via the optical cable. The apple tv (1st generation) is also hooked into the tv box via HDMI. My problem is that the sound from the apple tv only plays thru the tv's speakers not the soundbar. Any idea what the problem might be?

Also, I'm a little disappointed in the maximum output of the soundbar-- for some things (like the DVD player also hooked into the TV box), the sound actually seems to be a bit lower than the native speakers on the TV...

In advance, I thank you for your help...

David

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Yes, your missing a receiver. The way you have it setup now, your asking the TV to convert everything, bad idea. Get yourself a receiver.

I now have gotten sound from the Apple TV by connecting the Apple TV directly to the Polk Sound Bar via an RCA cable. I can't say however that I'm exactly thrilled with the resulting sound. Other than improved bass, I'm not sure the audio experience is that much better than the TV alone... Would adding a receiver between the Apple TV and my TV make a difference? Thanks.

David

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Do you have a cable box ? Yes a receiver will make a difference. Also, how big is the room ? The soundbar isn't really meant for large rooms. By plugging the apple tv in by it's analog cable, the audio conversion from digital to analog is done in the apple tv, not the best way to go. List all your gear and how you have everything hooked up,otherwise we can only help you so much.

I took some photos of my room -- I've been told the arrangement is not conducive to having a surround sound system. The room is rather large with vaulted 2 story ceiling. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by dgmaxfli; 12-12-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: photos aren't displaying

Last edited by dgmaxfli; 12-12-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: photo not displaying -- obviously I don't know what I'm doing....

Actually it looks like if you "Right click" on the missing photo icons you do have the ability to navigate to the images.... sorry this is so complicated. I thought the photo would just show up in my post but I guess not...

Thread Information