Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default source for used SVS?

Hey people. I have decided I want an SVS powered cylinder for my 2 channel rig (RT55i's, carver c-1, m-1.0t) I have plenty of amps that I could spare to use with a passive cylinder, but I need a powered cylinder for the high level inputs and crossover, as the C-1 doesnt have an sub pre-out or anything. Im leaning toward the 25-31, just because I move around so much and generally have a smaller room (150-200 Sq. Ft. ) but a 20-39 would also work. PCi and PC-Plus would both be ok, but I dont have the cash to get either of them new, and I dont care about appearance, so I want to go used. Unfortunately everyone loves their SVS and there doesnt seem to be much of a used market (none on ebay) I'm positive with the regard that they are held in at the HTF that as soon as one was put up on there that it would go rather quickly, and for fairly close to new price. I figure though, that since I want a fairly bottom of the line model, and since SVS is turning out new box subs that a lot of people should be upgrading and looking to get rid of their old cylinder.

So my question is, is there a source for used SVS? Dr. Spec, what did you do with your cylinder sub when you got the PB-2?

Whenever I check B-stock on SVS' site they don't have anything. What are the discounts usually, does anyone know?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I sold it to a friend for $600. That's $225 off the current asking price. I paid $750 for it during the summer sale last year. I could have sold it for at least $700, but I try to cut friends a good deal.

The B-stock discount is $50. Keep looking - they often will go within 15-20 minutes of being listed, especially the Plus models.

Good luck.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Relations
    Specialty Technologies
    SVSound

Member Sales Rating: (1)

When I was about to pull the trigger on an SVS I also kept an eye on the B stock. No sooner when I saw B stock hit they were GONE!!! I think that B stock will save you about 10% so untill you get up into the couple large range its really no biggy IMO.

Save some coin and buy a model that will serve your expectations for a long time. We are all in the same boat when it comes to upgradeitis so spend now is my theory just don't bankrupt yourself.

Good luck and SVS is a well worth investment.
    HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***

Hey, thanks for the quick replies.

Good point about the upgraditis, I think i'm definitely going to hold out for a plus model, because even with SVS quality I think the base model would be out the door as soon as I could afford something better.

Are there any solutions for high level inputs and a crossover so I could use one of the passive subs? I think I really need the flexibility of the PC models, but Im just making sure there's nothing out there I dont know about.

Anyways, If you guys see a 25-31 or 20-39 PC+ floating around for sale be sure to shoot me a line. Thanks again

You should keep an eye on [URL=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10]this[/URL] forum. I have seen a lot of SVS subs go up for sale here lately.

Greg

Thread Information