Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Member Sales Rating: (37)

You should have added a survey to the thread so you don't have to hand-tally the votes.

My wife and all 4 driving children wear them 100% of the time.

Last weekend's 3-day blizzard facilitated my 20yr old daughter's spin-out on I77 (no damage), and my son's misfortune of putting my old minivan into a 4' deep ditch (moderate damage).

Both would have been hurt (son would have been hurt badly) without belts.

I just had a thought about race car drivers. They don't need belts unless they crash, but imagine the statistics if they didn't strap in. Regular folks like us don't crash as much, but when we do, the statistics favor being held in place.
    Last edited by inspiredsports; 12-17-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I always wear mine, and require it if anyone rides in my car.

My car 50mph --> full size city bus 55mph running red light at intersection = i walked away with minor bruises and a completely totalled car because of my seat belt.

Inertia is not your friend when you aren't wearing a seatbelt folks.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by ben62670 View Post
    A seat belt can also kill you. It really depends on the accident. I wear one because the government is really trying hard to generate money with seat belt laws. I can't afford a ticket. More cracking down should be done on cell phone users.
    Ben

+1 to this... I got stopped for not wearing one and it cost me 25 bucks. While I was stopped, I watched at least a dozen motorcycles go by on the freeway at better than 70mph with no helmets. I asked the cop what the likelihood of my being killed in a wreck versus the bikers. He agreed that it was beyond insane but there was nothing to be done about it.
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 12-17-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (37)

VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Member Sales Rating: (15)

I wear my seatbelt at all times. I've even got it on while sitting at my desk.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Member Sales Rating: (19)

You always buckle your seat belt after starting the vehicle. That way if there's a car bomb in your vehicle triggered by the ignition you have a chance of being blown clear of the vehicle, and not strapped in and taking the full blast. I think MythBusters needs to do a show on this one
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Always.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (15)

Sal, you crack me up. Yes, the thread is gone from Club Polk, the thread has been deleted. However, google still shows it. Nice try, though, and VERY big of you to try to paint me as a liar on a forum. I am impressed.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ort%22&ct=clnk

http://www.indycarscene.com/photopos...medium/sal.JPG

But because i'm a nice guy, i'll take it out of my signature so you don't have to keep a lie in your sig.

[EDIT]
    And we're good now. Thanks Sal.
    Last edited by concealer404; 12-17-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredsports View Post
    I just had a thought about race car drivers. They don't need belts unless they crash, but imagine the statistics if they didn't strap in. Regular folks like us don't crash as much, but when we do, the statistics favor being held in place.

No completly true. Yes they have belts in case they crash but they have double duty to keep there bodies from moving in high G force turns. The better you are at staying stationary the more car control and feel for the car. In the end they are for safety but they do have other rolls.

Keep in mind that if a crain picked up a car, it could pick the entire car up by the seat belts. Kinna makes you think.

I have seen things to human bodies that didn't wear them. Not a pretty site, let me tell you.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Nope.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

always always always

Thread Information