Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 287
  1. #61

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jackson, Ms.
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newrival View Post
    Back to the point: The fact that you are offering up a youtube video as evidence of how well a piece of audio equipment reproduces music is absolutely comical. I hope I don't have to explain why.
    Gotta say that he has a very good point Snow. That video proves only one thing. That is: there is no accounting for taste. :)
    -Kevin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)

    Polk LS 90's - Front
    Polk CS350 LS - Center
    Polk Monitor 50's - Rear
    JBL Northridge E150P - Sub

    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    Polk LS90's (spiked & tweeked)
    Cardas IC's
    Cardas Bi-Wire

  2. #62

    Member Sales Rating: (25)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newrival View Post
    just a quick clarification:



    I'm not quite sure I would consider an observation an attack of any kind, let alone a blatant one. But for the sake of argument, I will concede that it was a stern observation.



    I've owned several SDA's. SDA1, CRS+, SDA2b, and SRS's. For several years, and listened to almost all combinations of amps and speakers.



    Can you please point to where I ever denied that point? I have no problem debating any and all points of my assertions, but please stick to the facts.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHLK...er_profilepage
    I'm fully aware of that video, and have been vocal on how big of a fan I am of Sal's work on his speakers. I had forgotten he uses Carver gear, so that probably means his comment earlier in the thread was one of passive condescension rather than a joke, which is why I originally returned in favor (or so I thought). *sorry for he mix-up there*

    Back to the point: The fact that you are offering up a youtube video as evidence of how well a piece of audio equipment reproduces music is absolutely comical. I hope I don't have to explain why.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Kenneth Swauger; 12-21-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D

  3. #63

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newrival View Post
    I'm right with you there, Tony. synergy is key. I thought the Carver M400's were fantastic mono's until I hooked them up to my DCM TF600's I had a few years back. They fell flat on their face. I tried running it stereo. yuck. out of all those carvers mentioned, the tfm sounded about the best with DCM's. not the my TimeWindow^2's, however. The carver's were unwieldy.

    People rag on Adcom GFA-555's in bridged mono, but it's likely because of poor application. Theyre meant to run high impedence loads, like my TW^2's which are 12ohm, nominal. More observable around 14ohms. The original Nelson Pass GFA-555 is seriously a gorgeous amp if given the chance to shine.

    My point is, I understand how a great amp can just not match up and perform poorly. So that's the reason for my thread. Show me the light! tell me how to experience the Carver glory, if it exists. I'm not saying it does or doesn't, just that I'm willing to try.

    My impression is just as you stated, Tony, "People mistake current for watts all the time." And I fear that this is the heart of the issue.
    my 1.5t rebuild by roland make my dcm time windows sing like no tomorrow and bass to shake pics off the wall

  4. #64

    Member Sales Rating: (25)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,984

    Default

    [QUOTE=newrival;1484124]just a quick clarification:



    I'm not quite sure I would consider an observation an attack of any kind, let alone a blatant one. But for the sake of argument, I will concede that it was a stern observation.



    I've owned several SDA's. SDA1, CRS+, SDA2b, and SRS's. For several years, and listened to almost all combinations of amps and speakers.



    Can you please point to where I ever denied that point? I have no problem debating any and all points of my assertions, but please stick to the facts.



    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHLKERU0wo&feature=player_profilepage"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHLKERU0wo&feature=player_profilepage[/URL

    I'm fully aware of that video, and have been vocal on how big of a fan I am of Sal's work on his speakers. I had forgotten he uses Carver gear, so that probably means his comment earlier in the thread was one of passive condescension rather than a joke, which is why I originally returned in favor (or so I thought). *sorry for he mix-up there*

    Back to the point: The fact that you are offering up a youtube video as evidence of how well a piece of audio equipment reproduces music is absolutely comical. I hope I don't have to explain why
    BTW I am sticking to the facts refer to post #9 in this thread stating that the heart of the matter is people mistake watts for current. Therby insuating that Carver doesnt have both.

    The reason for showing Sals video is to show you that the Carver amps have the current needed to push the SDA's. But since you have listened to virtually all amps ever made on your SDA's you dont need our help.

    Face it you started this thread as A Carver bash to stir up the crap, I think you should take your troll like self and jump off a bridge.
    Last edited by snow; 12-21-2010 at 05:18 PM.
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D

  5. #65

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,499

    Default

    I've never been a big fan of Carver amps. I prefer NAD and Parasound (John Curl designs blow Carver out of the water IMO). That said...I've heard some pretty nice rigs with Carvers (they mate especially well with Amazings)...but just not my cup-o-tea.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

    "Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

  6. #66

    Member Sales Rating: (40)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    18,401

    Default

    Carver has a lot of great amps, and when they work, they tend to work well. They are a natural match for SDA's and a lot of other speakers that were sold at the same time they were. Granted, some are getting long in the tooth, some designs are better than others - but they are for the most part, neutral sounding, solid, reliable power for not a lot of scratch.

    I've had an m200t, m400a, TFM-15, 35, 45, 6cb, and run a M500t right now to a pair of RT7's.

    Is there better out there, sure. Is there worse, sure.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

  7. #67

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    16,103

    Default

    Snow,
    I brought up the watts/current thing and he was agreeing with me. Was a general statement by me and had no bearing on Carver. Some do equate mega watts to quality sound, but again,a general statement. I don't think the OP is bashing, he just had a bad experience in the past and maybe trying to see if it was something he did wrong because so many here love carvers and sda's. A personal preference thing in my book but in no way reflective on Carver as a whole. We all have been around this block a time or two over the years and we know to take this stuff with a grain of salt.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Did Bob Carver ever have a mission statement? He always struck me as half-engineer / half mad scientist type.

    In retrospective was it cool that the M400 weighed a few pounds? Sure. My DC300A weighed in at 60+. The Crown just seemed like a straight up get the problem solved type amp. I was never quite sure what the M400 was supposed to solve. Most times it didn't matter what it weighed because it was going to simply sit there.

  9. #69

    Member Sales Rating: (25)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Snow,
    I brought up the watts/current thing and he was agreeing with me. Was a general statement by me and had no bearing on Carver. Some do equate mega watts to quality sound, but again,a general statement. I don't think the OP is bashing, he just had a bad experience in the past and maybe trying to see if it was something he did wrong because so many here love carvers and sda's. A personal preference thing in my book but in no way reflective on Carver as a whole. We all have been around this block a time or two over the years and we know to take this stuff with a grain of salt.
    Tony I have a great deal of respect for you and I appreciate your view of matters but in this case I will have to disagree. He has no desire to re try Carver gear with his speakers whatever they may be and there certainly is no way we could possibly help him without knowing everything he had in the food chain anyhow, Certainly a poor set of IC's coupled with just about any piece of gear will make it sound like crap for example. He started out with a blanket statement saying that Carver gear sucked and then stated they were also overpriced. Well he is entitled to his oppinion of Carver amps certainly but to do so in the manner he did was IMHO simply looking for a fight no different than an EMO owner stating that their amp is better than anything else out there at ten times the price or someone saying that MIT cables suck and their overpriced.



    REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D

  10. #70

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    If somebody needs something so incredibly basic as the OP's question explained to them...........maybe they're in the wrong hobby to begin with ? Why do the stars keep on shining, why do...........

  11. #71

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastz28 View Post
    my 1.5t rebuild by roland make my dcm time windows sing like no tomorrow and bass to shake pics off the wall
    I miss my TimeWindows. I had the originals and the squareds. I loved em. My friendis putting them to good use with a full minimax system. They've never sounded better. Glad to see another DCM fan out there.

    Have you put your TW's on spikes? I noticed a significant jump in clarity when when they were added.
    design is where science and art break even.

  12. #72

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    BTW I am sticking to the facts refer to post #9 in this thread stating that the heart of the matter is people mistake watts for current. Therby insuating that Carver doesnt have both.
    My words: "My impression is just as you stated, Tony, 'People mistake current for watts all the time.' And I fear that this is the heart of the issue." If you'll notice, I'm not insinuating anything, there is no ambiguity here. I am stating plainly that I have a fear, then I state my fear. Simple. Done. Perhaps you mean insinuate. I was just guessing from your spelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    The reason for showing Sals video is to show you that the Carver amps have the current needed to push the SDA's. But since you have listened to virtually all amps ever made on your SDA's you dont need our help.
    Fantastic, but the amp could be clipping for all I know. Wait, before you start thinking that I'm insinuating something, take a breath and read my words. I'm saying that a youtube video is no evidence of quality. play the video and listen, you really think that is indicative of how his system sounds? I'm sure it's nothing short of fantastic, but being recorded through a camera's microphone and uploaded to youtube turns it into a garbled mess. If you think that moving the drivers is an indication of an amplifiers mettle, you're mistaken. There's no arguing that. Sure, one can look at the video and surmise that based on some visual characteristics and some aural cues, that sure they probably sound good, but there's no way to be sure. Perhaps next, you'll send me a youtube video demonstrating the SDA effect... Would you purchase speakers or stereo components based on hearing them in a you tube video? If soyou must be an Emotiva fan. (sorry, I actually have never heard Emo gear before but it seemed pretty funny to me and I though some of the tube hardliners might get a kick out of it )


    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    Face it you started this thread as A Carver bash to stir up the crap, I think you should take your troll like self and jump off a bridge.
    You really have some pent up aggression in there fella'.I had no such intention. Although I appreciate the free psychoanalysis, I have a pretty good grasp on reality and am acutely aware of my intentions. My intentions were to start a conversation. And look what happened, I got one. Some have actually presented some sound explanations, and explained why they like them, and then there were those who told me to jump off a bridge.
    design is where science and art break even.

  13. #73

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    If somebody needs something so incredibly basic as the OP's question explained to them...........maybe they're in the wrong hobby to begin with ? Why do the stars keep on shining, why do...........
    What is this incredibly basic question that I asked? And if you think that "why do the stars keep shining?" is an example of an incredibly basic question that shouldn't need answering, I'm wondering if you even know the real answer. And I'm guessing the ellipses are there because you ran out of other incredibly basic questions to further shame me with.

    There was no formally structured question at first. It was just simply "here's what I think, tell me why I'm wrong." I'm not going to pontificate on your aptitude for logical thought, well not here, but I would like to redirect with a question: what is the point of this forum if not to know others' opinions? You and Capt. Cheerful can tell me I'm in the wrong hobby or to jump off a bridge but I enjoy this hobby, and to be quite blunt, I don't get my feelings hurt over some jerk-off's comment on a forum. So wipe your nose, and try not to take this jerk-off's comments too seriously.
    design is where science and art break even.

  14. #74

    Member Sales Rating: (47)

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sufficiently Breathless
    Posts
    11,101

    Default

    eh,,, Tubes
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

  15. #75

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    I dunno, this all seemed like another 'why is your baby so ugly' thread.

    Was there really a question behind this...or an agenda????

    And don't lie...EVERYONE has an agenda.

    H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

  16. #76

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    He has no desire to re try Carver gear with his speakers whatever they may be
    You're wrong.
    I'm headed to pick up that tfm-55 from my friend in 10 minutes, much to my wife's chagrin. hahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    and there certainly is no way we could possibly help him without knowing everything he had in the food chain anyhow, Certainly a poor set of IC's coupled with just about any piece of gear will make it sound like crap for example.
    So if that's what you need to help me, why not ask? This is the first glimpse of any benfeficial thought you've shared. Out of the gate you were determined to make me the bad guy, the "troll." I'm opening myself up here. I've said a dozen times that people love these amps and I want to make it work. Although, you do know my intentions better than myself...
    As a side note, why does this feel so much like a domestic dispute?

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    He started out with a blanket statement saying that Carver gear sucked and then stated they were also overpriced.
    Never happened. In fact I stated that was not what I was saying at all. As far as the overpriced part, here is where you can use you're word "insinuated" because I did. In the 2nd hand market, however. New, I think they were priced fantastically.

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    Well he is entitled to his opinion of Carver amps certainly
    as are all of us

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    but to do so in the manner he did was IMHO simply looking for a fight
    wait, so is it your opinion or was it my intention? Are you loosing your mental connection with me?

    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    no different than an EMO owner stating that their amp is better than anything else out there at ten times the price or someone saying that MIT cables suck and their overpriced.
    Are you saying Emo's aren't better than anything else out there 10x the price? And if so, is it ok for Carver guys to say that? Because they certainly have, In this thread even, and I don't see you telling them to jump off a bridge.
    design is where science and art break even.

  17. #77

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    GA--Rollin' down Hwy 41
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Maybe the Carver was showing the short comings of his DCMs. I think he has an agenda. I personally don't believe he has "owned " all those different amps and speakers, especially the SDA's. One of them would still be with him. What is his current setup (or is he actually looking to buy a Carver and fishing for opinions).

    I like my TFM-55s and 2.3TLs just because...
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<

  18. #78

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    can someone explain this?

    Here's yer question , chief, verbatim ! Look upon,lick,nibble& bite my glistening Schweddy Balls ! Everybody calm down and take a breath! All I'm saying is, if you can not extract yer answer from voluminous posts on the subject of Carver/Polk, well, remedial reading comprehension classes MIGHT be indicated. Or you're just looking to "stir the pot' so to speak....... either way, listen to gear that makes your ears happy and your wallet sad or sumthin like that. Hey, how long since Monster crap's been in the crosshairs anyway ???

  19. #79

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polkersince85 View Post
    Maybe the Carver was showing the short comings of his DCMs. I think he has an agenda. I personally don't believe he has "owned " all those different amps and speakers, especially the SDA's. One of them would still be with him. What is his current setup (or is he actually looking to buy a Carver and fishing for opinions).

    I like my TFM-55s and 2.3TLs just because...

    I like my TFM-55s and 2.3TLs just because


    That right there is pretty much my dream/goal rig !!

  20. #80

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    I dunno, this all seemed like another 'why is your baby so ugly' thread.

    Was there really a question behind this...or an agenda????

    And don't lie...EVERYONE has an agenda.
    Another member has contacted me regarding this very thing. I didn't think people would get THIS bothered by it.

    The truth is I did have an agenda. It was to discuss Carver amplifiers and their pairing with SDA's. Its gotten derailed a few times but there has been some very good responses. I hadn't considered the fact that back when I tried them I had the opinion that cables were cables were cables. I now don't believe that is the case and have since purchased a few decent sets. The conversation has been largely beneficial. I think a couple people here ended up a little bruised, but I'm sure they'll be ok after they kick their dogs or something.

    Here's what I knew coming into the discussion:

    a lot of SDA owners have said, "you need a lot of power for those speakers," "they really sing after 200W," "you really need more power to see what those babies can do." And to tell you the truth I've caught myself repeating that garbage. And it IS garbage. SDA's don't NEED high wattage. Lets say you have SRS's, like me. let's also say you listen to music louder than orchestra music, i don't. And finally lets say you have an arbitrary room of 16' x 22' with 8' ceilings and that's what was used to get your sensitivity rating (92db/1W/1m). At 110db, you're using 63W. At 115db you're using 125W. Sure but youre not 1m away. fine, lets say youre 3m away. You still havent hit 200W. And this is 115db. Hearing damage level. THX reference max SPL is 105db, if that gives any indication here. I keep mine around 100. I would bet most people do too. I also sit 8' away. This means that with 5db of headroom (3 is min. recommended) im looking at around a 40W/ch amp. As long as it's high current and the dynamic capacity is there, that's all a person needs to reach the aforementioned sound level. at that's into 4 ohm on the example speaker.

    I wanted to know what about the Carver amps was appealing to ohers and why. I knew people liked them but I didn't know the reason. My fear was that people hadn't tried other amps because they feared they need "lots of wattage to open em up." So i set the stage for people to discuss this in a casual way, and I thought it has been quite interesting.
    design is where science and art break even.

  21. #81

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polkersince85 View Post
    Maybe the Carver was showing the short comings of his DCMs. I think he has an agenda. I personally don't believe he has "owned " all those different amps and speakers, especially the SDA's. One of them would still be with him. What is his current setup (or is he actually looking to buy a Carver and fishing for opinions).

    I like my TFM-55s and 2.3TLs just because...
    Perhaps the DCM's were the bad part of the chain. you could be right. But it didnt appear to be that way form my experiments.

    If you don't believe I owned the SDA's why don't you ask the people who bought them off me, they're all members here. I still have my SRS's and will supply pics if you don't believe me.
    design is where science and art break even.

  22. #82

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    Here's yer question , chief, verbatim ! Look upon,lick,nibble& bite my glistening Schweddy Balls ! Everybody calm down and take a breath! All I'm saying is, if you can not extract yer answer from voluminous posts on the subject of Carver/Polk, well, remedial reading comprehension classes MIGHT be indicated. Or you're just looking to "stir the pot' so to speak....... either way, listen to gear that makes your ears happy and your wallet sad or sumthin like that. Hey, how long since Monster crap's been in the crosshairs anyway ???

    hahaha. funny reference

    Anyways,
    The true question was an over-reaching one. If this was specifically the question I wanted answered then a yes or a no would have ended the whole thing.

    I won't even get into the reading comprehension issue given your assessment of what "my real question" was.

    And this is an online forum, not the library of congress. My topic is different than ones i've found here. You act like Club Polk is the Wizard of Oz and I have to ask my question and be done with it. Theres a thread full of pictures of people's cats and you're trying to tell me THIS one has no value. It obviously has enough that you've read through it. By the way, thanks for participating.
    design is where science and art break even.

  23. #83

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    I like my TFM-55s and 2.3TLs just because


    That right there is pretty much my dream/goal rig !!
    Well I'm going to try the 55 on my SRS's this week and see what I think. Who knows, I may love it this time around.
    design is where science and art break even.

  24. #84

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    British Columbia (Canada eh)
    Posts
    3,479

    Default

    Ok, let me throw this out at you guys. I can trade my spare Carver TFM-25 for a vintage Eico ST-70 (35 watts per channel) tube integrated amp. The net has tons of info on rebuilding this vintage gem. Many here say that 35 tube watts is plenty for my 1C's. Should I do it? Is it a reasonable swap. I've read that the Eico is better than the Dynaco ST-70 tube amp. Insert any and all opinions below. I'm not trying to derail the thread. I think it goes along with the spirit of the original intent by the op.

  25. #85

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    I say try it ! TFMs are plentiful, whereas vintage tubers, not nearly as much.

  26. #86

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    I say try it ! TFMs are plentiful, whereas vintage tubers, not nearly as much.
    I second this. Go for it! I think you could easily make the swap back if needed. But make sure you update us on what you think! :D

    And I agree that it's in the same spirit of the thread, and glad you think so!
    design is where science and art break even.

  27. #87

    Member Sales Rating: (26)

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The tube lair in Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    11,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newrival View Post
    Well I'm going to try the 55 on my SRS's this week and see what I think. Who knows, I may love it this time around.
    It'll most likely bottom out, be lacking on authoritative bass and have not the most fluid of mids. The 45 would probably do those speak's more justice.

    I have many things to say about your question, but right now I'm being entertained by the responses. Carry on....
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

    The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

  28. #88

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newrival View Post
    Back to the point: The fact that you are offering up a youtube video as evidence of how well a piece of audio equipment reproduces music is absolutely comical. I hope I don't have to explain why.

    That's why I am getting the Video re-recorded by a Professional that works with a major film company. He's coming to my house sometime in January.

    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110844
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  29. #89

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    Let me know how you like it on the polks. if you want sometime I can bring the sunfire sig II 625x2 to hear on them.

  30. #90

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    3 moves from check mating you
    Posts
    3,073

    Default

    My Sunfire sig. 600/2 runs pretty cool powering my 4-0hm SRS2's.:tongue:

    My Onkyo Integra M502 heated up too hot to touch it almost.
    I didn't like that. I thought something would fail in short order..

    I bought my Sunfire on a couple of members advice 2 years ago I think. It (the whole system you could say)has amazed a few to go buy there own SDA-SRS's the next day...

    The amp? the speakers? Player? the other 2 factors, who knows , but synergy was right.

    I think I have strayed a little downward from those days. Just a little though.

    I have noticed a sound change since I;

    switched pre-amp
    switched cd player
    switched speaker wires
    switched interconnect cables

    I think it's my pre-amp for the little bit of dulling in the tweeters. That's all.

    But,

    I wanted a cool running amp for hard to drive 4 ohm speakers. I did research along with the advice and paid the price. I thought the volume knob would only have to go 1/4 dial max. I was wrong. It seems to be the same until 12:00 and then all hell could break loose if I wanted. I feel I'm not taxing my Sunfire ever and that makes me happy now.

    I don't care about watts or amps or current, just the ability to do a job and be reliable.

    I have not heard my SRS-2's with anything except the 2 amps mentioned above for the power supply. I have to try my Acurus A250 one day soon and my last Onkyo Integra M504 when I get the power relay fixed. Those will be fun times for sure and I'll get another example of how these wonderful speakers can sound, be it better or for worse.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?...GOT SUNFIRE? ...GOT Maggies?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help Carver amps vs. Parasound amps?
    By dekuda in forum Electronics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 06:48 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 06:53 PM
  3. Carver Amps -
    By VR3 in forum Electronics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:23 PM
  4. Carver amps???
    By amulford in forum Electronics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 08:42 PM
  5. carver amps
    By goingganzo in forum Electronics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2002, 10:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts