Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Default Texas Flood on MoFi SACD

'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Oh man. I heard about these new SRV SACD releases a couple of months ago. Time to go order mine. Thanks for the heads up!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Used to listen to that on pristine vinyl, oh about 25 years ago! On my best friend's step-dad's Denon rig with some real nice Boston Acoustics speakers... The best I ever heard for quite a long time. Great album!
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Ordered today....

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I pre-ordered "In Step" months ago on SACD...hoping to see my delivery notice soon!

Give us your thoughts when you get your copy of "Texas Flood".

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

I read about the new SRV MoFi SACDs. I think I'll pass. The Sony SACD is VERY good and while the MoFi may be a slight improvement (maybe not) I seriously doubt they will be significantly better than the Sony.

However, I am considering the three that Sony didn't master..."Soul to Soul", "In Step" and "The Sky is Crying".
    Last edited by shack; 12-31-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Shack, I have the original Sony, so I'll compare them and let you know. One thing I like about the MoFi is that it does not contain "bonus" tracks, which just ruins the original.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Good stuff!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Oh my. I have the heavy 2 LP vinyl version and the SACD that you gifted me and now this! Being MoFi it's got to be something special!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Good stuff!!!!

Goodness me even on my computer speakers I got 2" goosebumps and am sporting woodage!!! Nice post Ric and bTW Happy New Year!!!!

Member Sales Rating: (17)

August 27th 1990, What a sad sad day :( RIP Stevie!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    August 27th 1990, What a sad sad day :( RIP Stevie!
    Amen to that Sal!

The one artist I regret never having the opportunity to see in person in concert...

"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    Amen to that Sal!
    Indeed. I remember that day like it was yesterday, not 20+ years ago.
    Hey, at least we had him here with us for a little while!

BTW, that DVD taken at the El Mocambo is just incredible (recognized his shirt right away!), it's almost as if you're there.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Banned

You know it's funny, I get very sentimental and emotional this time of year and these old memories although painful to acknowledge always make tears of joy flow!!!

You are correct Harry that we had Stevie, and all the rest that went before they should have, here to grace us with their presence however short the time was!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    You know it's funny, I get very sentimental and emotional this time of year and these old memories although painful to acknowledge always make tears of joy flow!!!

You are correct Harry that we had Stevie, and all the rest that went before they should have, here to grace us with their presence however short the time was!!!
    Amen to that Joe! I couldn't agree more...

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I have the original Sony SACD. I'd be interested to hear from those that have both the original and this new Mofi SACD as to which is the better of the two. Until I read some reviews, I think I'll hold off on buying this one as I have bought 8 MOFI releases in the last month....tough on the wallet!
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Very Good LP made great by its title track, my fav SRV track by a mile...

FYI, his Texas Flood performance on '84's Blues Explosion (Best of the Montreux Jazz Festival’s Blues Night – 1982) has to be heard… worth the price of the entire LP. Hard to believe that he was booed by more than a few in '82 (blues purists???), but more important were two fans he did make that helped launch his career, David Bowie and Jackson Browne.

When I was searching for the cover link, I noticed that his ’82 and ‘85 performances are available on CD and DVD. Anyone heard/ seen this set?

http://allmusic.com/album/live-at-mo...r561638/review
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Tour2ma View Post
    Very Good LP made great by its title track, my fav SRV track by a mile...

FYI, his Texas Flood performance on '84's Blues Explosion (Best of the Montreux Jazz Festival’s Blues Night – 1982) has to be heard… worth the price of the entire LP. Hard to believe that he was booed by more than a few in '82 (blues purists???), but more important were two fans he did make that helped launch his career, David Bowie and Jackson Browne.

When I was searching for the cover link, I noticed that his ’82 and ‘85 performances are available on CD and DVD. Anyone heard/ seen this set?

If you are takling about this one, I have it and love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Stevie-Ray-Vau...3909381&sr=1-1

Yes, he was booed very badly in the first concert, but certainly not in the last one. He makes a comment about the booing in the last concert, kind of joking aboit it.

Great guy, love to watch and listen to him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tour2ma View Post

Yep, I have that Live At Montreux DVD, as well as the DVD from his two performances on Austin City Limits in 1983 & 1989.
    The latter also contains a video of "Little Wing", which I believe was released after his death? That song always makes me a little sad at his untimely passing... I guess you'd have to see it for yourself and decide.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxer View Post
    If you are takling about this one, I have it and love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Stevie-Ray-Vau...3909381&sr=1-1

Yes, he was booed very badly in the first concert, but certainly not in the last one. He makes a comment about the booing in the last concert, kind of joking aboit it.

Great guy, love to watch and listen to him!!
    Quote Originally Posted by polrbehr View Post
    Yep, I have that Live At Montreux DVD, as well as the DVD from his two performances on Austin City Limits in 1983 & 1989.
    The latter also contains a video of "Little Wing", which I believe was released after his death? That song always makes me a little sad at his untimely passing... I guess you'd have to see it for yourself and decide.
    After reading this I had to get the DVD out, it is so sad to see him booed, I now have the second DVD playing, much better welcome!!

By the way, there is also a tribute DVD for him that I have that is great, get it if you have the chance.

My MoFi version arrived today. I listened to the new version a few times and then compared Mary Had A Little Lamb to the original Sony. The differences, although slight, are noticeable. The MoFi is more organic, the bass presence is greater and tighter, the cymbals are less splashy and Stevie's voice is much clearer. Additionally, the MoFi isn't as loud making it more crankable. Another good effort from the guys at MoFi.
    Last edited by F1nut; 01-06-2011 at 02:19 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    The differences, although slight, are noticeable. The MoFi is more organic, the bass presence is greater and tighter, the cymbals are less splashy and Stevie's voice is much clearer. Additionally, the MoFi isn't as loud making it more crankable. Another good effort from the guys at MoFi.
    Agreed, this version definitely sounds like you are there in the studio at times.
    The guitar attack and sustain on some notes is much more realistic compared to the earlier SACD, if Mofi can do this magic to the remaining three titles on their schedule then watch out they could be the definitive series for this artist.

I ordered one, should be here Friday. I bought 75 albums today for what this one disk cost, but I do like SRV. The whole set would be a keeper.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I just got mine. number 324!! I have the original one on cd ( and LP from when it 1st came out) to me the difference between the 1st run on the regular cd and this version is night and day. The bass is much tighter and more pronounced. The vocals jump out just all around better.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I cant wait for couldn't stand the weather. its on the coming soon list.

My No. 286 is still wrapped. Haven't had a chance yet to listen. Maybe soon.

Good to hear all the positive reports about this one. It's on my short list.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Texas original...and a World Blues man
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Thread Information