Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's resolved

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default It's resolved

Hi guys, As you might know I have been trying to get tunes from puter to my Yamaha rx-v665.When doing this the runs were long and most people assumed that was the cause or they splitter I was using. Well while I dicking around w/ my rack I tried a few different wire combos. what worked and astonished me was when I unplugged the HDMI cable going from avr to tv only for on-screen adjustments the humm and all noise went away. REALLY, I still have tv on av1 and now I have computer streaming in on audio 1. I can not explain this and giving up the on-screen use is no hassel at all ,besides it can easily be inserted at any time.Guys please think this one through and see
    if there is an explanation for this. Gateway was no help, Yamaha was no help and I can't believe I did this on my own. Yes a lucky fluke but it does work...LW

Member Sales Rating: (1)

It may be beneficial in getting your questions answered to keep the same thread going. By opening up a new thread every few hours to update us, you're just losing out on all of the information people have already given (plus the people helping don't have the back story either)
    50" Panasonic Vierra TC-P50VT20 (w/5 pairs glasses)
    Pioneer Elite SC-37
    Polk Monitor 70's (2)
    Polk Monitor 40's (4)
    Polk Monitor CS2
    Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    Oppo BDP-93
    Squeezebox Duet
    Belkin PureAV PF60
    Dish Network "The Hoppa"

Quote Originally Posted by Glowrdr View Post
    It may be beneficial in getting your questions answered to keep the same thread going. By opening up a new thread every few hours to update us, you're just losing out on all of the information people have already given (plus the people helping don't have the back story either)
    Also not as benificial for the thread to help other Polkies in the future. Personnally I am not aware of the original thread.

leftwinger57, if you actually want to get to the bottom of this and find the potential source of the problem (I hope I will not be repeating some that has been said in your other thread).

The problem could be 1. That specific monitor 2. The HDMI cable or 3. The specific HDMI cable port on the receiver therefore;

1. If there is any way for you to try a different monitor at exact same location and see if the problem persist or maybe swap the monitors around (making sure NOT to swap any cable or port at this point).

2. If there is way for you to use a different or swapping HDMI cables (making sure NOT to swap monitors or port at this point).

3. Using a different or swapping HDMI port ( making sure NOT to swap monitors or cables at this point).

While trying any of the above if the problem disappear the swapped component should actually be the faulty one.

Good luck and have fun troubleshooting

TK

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Read this http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=194068

It postulates the same exact advice I gave in the last 2 threads you've posted on this forum.

I will keep saying it until I'm blue in the face. You have a 110v grounding problem.

One of you components is hooked to your CATV cable, and the installer did not ground it in the same way as your 110 system is grounded. Any component then connected to the gear with the cable attached will suffer. You can cancel out the difference in grounding potential by using 2 prong grounding adapters on all 3 prong 110v cords in the loop (not code), or have an electrician properly bind your 110V/cable/satellite/rooftop mast systems to permanently solve your problem.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

inspiredsport, I think I have to diisagree w/ your gnd theory.The fix was to omitt a HDMI CORD that is only used for on -screen viewing for spkr adjustments and delay and mic set -up. ALL of those were done and I don't mess w/ the settings as I like them as they are. The cord in question when use for on screen viewing works fine ,so it's not the HDMI cable, What it is I have no idea ,as long as I get tv when I should, cd when I should and now steaming tunes. ALL I know it works w/ no hum or feed back at any level.
    Thanks for the response and since I'm not that comp literate sorry for the run on thread.
    LW

Member Sales Rating: (37)

I'm glad you've worked it out so the hum is not getting to your speakers.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Thread Information