Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Anyone heard these ?

Mirage Omni series. Pretty funky looking. Almost alien like. The woofer and tweeter each points up and reflects off a mirror to give a 360 degree surround effect. Rave reviews i've read and some good followers at the avsforum website.

I actually just had a demo of them but unfortunately couldn't do an a/b comparison with a traditional speaker. The speaker sounded fine . It was certainly different sounding, I wasn't blown away but then I never had a proper demo to convince myself.

What do you guys think of speakers that try to emulate a surround effect such as definitive technology, mirage, or I believe even the Polk SDA ?
    Attached Images  
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111

firing up into a deflector isnt a new concept, but it's usually something done on a much smaller scale (i.e. computer multimedia speakers)

anyone else with experience on these speakers or similiar to the ones i mentioned?

What do you think of "natural?" 3d sound? Would you rather an enveloping sound stage that's very real or one that's more forward ?
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111

Member Sales Rating: (27)

I LOVE DEF TECH!

They are completely awesome. A definete *wild* soundstage that fills in the entire room. I love the sound! If I could buy Def Tech, I would! They have the coolest sound I have heard. I would take their soundstage over Wilson Audio X-1 ANYDAY! Def Tech is AWESOME! Their TOTL does

13hz-30khz. 18 inch sub in each tower, 1000 watt amp in each tower. Bipolar design (4 woofs, 2 tweets per speaker). It has absolute carlity from the loudest to the softest of volume. For music - they are simply UNREAL. Completely awesome design. I wish I had the $$$$ to get Def Tech! Just awesome stuff! IMO of course......
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Thread Information