Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Default RT800 owner question for music

So, a good friend calls me and asks me what I think of a HTIB deal at the blue BB store. And I say hey, if it sounds good to you go for it. Well, they don't have one set up so I tell him I have a center and fronts with a reciever I haven't powered in 5 years...so I pull a pair of RT8s, a CS200, and a Pioneer VSX-605S. This stuff is from like '97 and google doesn't even help me with the reciever info like its an orphan or something definately not HDMI. Now I think the Mrs will be excited to see stuff go...cause I had even talked about it...but when I start pulling the Pioneer she was like what are you doing?

So off to CL and I was surprised this was still available...but a phone call and $400 later I am gonna try this set up:

Towers- RT800
    Rears- RT55
    Center- CSi40
    Sub- PSW250
    Receiver- Sony STR-DE845

Not sure that's the best center for the towers, but I have a CS400. I figure I can't lose too much on this one, but thought I would ask the RT800 owners about their experiences. I can keep my old RT8 or what looks like an upgrade to me and keep the RT800.

thanks...cincycat13
    Attached Images  

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Hello, the RT800 was my first Polk speaker. Had it for about a decade or so. Real nice for music. Can't remember the specifics as it has been probably 5-6 years since I had them and I've been through many a speaker since but I did enjoy them while they were here.

I don't think you will be disappointed in them.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

treitz3

Thanks for the info. Seller just sent me a message that one of the "tweeters is cracked" but he will come down in price to compensate so it looks like a call to customer service to see what is available and what the original part numbers are. At least I can try the 55s while I wait.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I started with the Rt800's too, they're a really smooth speaker. The Cs400 is a great match with them. They are a pretty laid back speaker and definitely sound better when you feed em good clean power.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Thread Information