Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oppo bdp-95

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default If you are a Audiofile,I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder01 View Post
    does the oppo 93/95 have that much significant picture quality over a cheaper blu-ray player.I just use mine for movie watching and was wondering if it's worth spending the extra coin
    In your case,don't spend the extra money,if you are satified with what you have.Go check out the features of the oppo 95,and go from there.
    PolkAudioClyde

Default 2 channel rules,that's why I bought the Oppo 95

Quote Originally Posted by DMara View Post
    I'll tell ya my personal experience: my first BD player is a Panasonic DMP-BD35K, then I moved up to the Oppo BDP-83, upgraded it to BDP-83SE, sold that and currently use a BDP-93, is trying to sell it since I already bought the BDP-95. That means I've gone through all Oppo BD players, and the BDP-93 video output beat the hell out of the BDP-83 (http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...59#post1471759). I was so excited with it that a month ago I brought it to my uncle's home who was running a Samsung bluray player BD-P1600. We did an A/B comparison which convinced him more than enough to go ahead and placed an order for the BDP-93 right at that point. That's how great the Oppo BDP-93's video output is.
    If you decide to go with the BDP-93, look in our Flea Market, I got one listed there

it's all good to me,I don't regret, paying $999...tax $1,0023

If you don't do 2-channel or utilize the 7.1-channel analog output, which means you simply use the HDMI connection for both audio/video, you won't need to upgrade at all. The reason I am upgrading to the BDP-95 is because I run 2-channel in my Zone2, and the BDP-93 isn't adequate.
    Currently whenever I want to ask the BDP-93 to output audio signal to Zone2 2-channel, I have to go into its Audio Processing menu to downmix the output to "Stereo", and I mean each and every time, not just one and done. That little issue made me miss my Oppo BDP-83SE so much, but now that the BDP-95 came out, I would be happy again
    it's all good to me,I don't regret paying $999...tax $1,0023
    Last edited by PolkClyde; 03-06-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    PolkAudioClyde

Default it will blow the Esoteric out of the water

Quote Originally Posted by danz1906 View Post
    The 95 looks very Impressive, I wonder how the Balanced outs compare to my
    Esoteric DV-50 on SACD. I know that the Video will smoke my Pany DMP-BD85K.
    Believe me.hey,check it out for your self.
    PolkAudioClyde

Quote Originally Posted by PolkClyde View Post
    HDCD IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN SACD,in my opinion.
    How many SACD's do you have to compare with? Does HDCD have multi channel?
    There are some who only are interested in two channels on SACD. I find multi channel can be quite enjoyable. Just my opinion.
    Front - Polk LSiM 705, Center - Polk LSiM 704c, Rear - Polk LSi 7
    Subwoofer - Epik Legend
    Receiver (as Preamp) - Sony STR-DA3400 ES
    Amplifier - Outlaw 7125
    Television - 58" Samsung Plasma PN58B860
    Blu Ray - OPPO BDP 83

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Are you saying it costs over a $1K dollar to ship? Or the total price is over a $1K? That would make sense since its MSRP is $999.
    Yeah it came up to 1043 ish shipped to me. Just wondering what improvement I would see over the 83 via HDMI before I pull the plug.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherardp View Post
    Yeah it came up to 1043 ish shipped to me. Just wondering what improvement I would see over the 83 via HDMI before I pull the plug.
    The whole point of the 95 is to use its analog outs for either 2-channel or multichannel. Only using the 95 via HDMI would not make sense.

If you were to make an upgrade to the 83 and only use HDMI, then the 93 is your unit of choice.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

I wonder how the 93 with a external dac would compare to the 95?

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    One point that I have wondered about is whether Bluray music files can be decoded by an external DAC, or if they are like SACD and have a DRM scheme.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Depends on the external DAC.

I went down that road with my Oppo 83 - bought an external DAC (Bel Canto DAC-2) thinking that a $1K new DAC (got if for a sweet price used on 'gon) would crush and slay my CA 640c2 CDP.....nope.....not in my rig for my tastes.

Results may have been different with a different DAC.

If I were looking for a single player that does BD, CD, SACD and wanted to get close to 'high end' analog AQ - the 95 seems to be the mark.

From what all I've been able to sift thru on the AVS thread, the jury is still out as to whether a 95 is better than a dedicated high end CDP or SACD player.....close....but to some the 95 still falls a tad short against some players.

But that by itself says alot for a $1K player that does practically everything except toast :tongue:

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

for a small amount you would pay for a LED,LCD... Fully 3D
    I doubt your 2-year-old DLP supports Full HD signals for both eyes :tongue:
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    The whole point of the 95 is to use its analog outs for either 2-channel or multichannel. Only using the 95 via HDMI would not make sense.

If you were to make an upgrade to the 83 and only use HDMI, then the 93 is your unit of choice.
    Thanks for sharing this Erik. I knew the 95 was to supposed to have a better analog section. I may go ahead and order the 93 then and go from there. That 95 is a gorgeous looking machine though.

Default HHStuart,I heard many

Quote Originally Posted by HHStuart View Post
    How many SACD's do you have to compare with? Does HDCD have multi channel?
    There are some who only are interested in two channels on SACD. I find multi channel can be quite enjoyable. Just my opinion.
    it's good brother,I just like HDCD Better,to my ears, anyway.
    PolkAudioClyde

Default DMara,what is Full HD

Quote Originally Posted by DMara View Post
    I doubt your 2-year-old DLP supports Full HD signals for both eyes :tongue:
    It looks good to me brother,especially with a new bulb.The "comass" cable guy came over and looked at the picture quality of my DLP,he said,I have never seen a TV that big, soo beautiful and bright.it's a great TV.Now,back to what you were saying.Full HD,What is it, 1080p? I'm serious and still learning,I really don't care about 3D,right now.But I tell you what, Mr. DMara,I do love those samsung LED's,but mine will run neck to neck with the best of them.
    Last edited by PolkClyde; 03-08-2011 at 03:54 AM.
    PolkAudioClyde

It looks good to me brother,especially with a new bulb.The "comass" cable guy came over and looked at the picture quality of my DLP,he said,I have never seen a TV that big, soo beautiful and bright.it's a great TV.Now,back to what you were saying.Full HD,What is it, 1080p? I'm serious and still learning,I really don't care about 3D,right now.But I tell you what, Mr. DMara,I do love those samsung LED's,but mine will run neck to neck with the best of them.
    Full HD =1080p/24 & 1080p/60 or the new stuff with frame interpolation(creation) 1080p/120

Member Sales Rating: (7)

You said you bought a 3D TV DLP two years ago and claimed it's fully 3D. Well, I'm just teasing you that it's not really that, i.e. it probably wouldn't be able to send a separate 1920 x 1080 full-HD image to each eye. Do some more research and you will see most old 3D TVs can only send a 720p image to one eye and a 1080p image to the other.
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000

Quote Originally Posted by Sherardp View Post
    Full HD =1080p/24 & 1080p/60 or the new stuff with frame interpolation(creation) 1080p/120
    My TV have those same features,,when I read in the owner's manual about the 1080p/24 didn't understand it,therefore I leave the settings on 1080p.
    PolkAudioClyde

Member Sales Rating: (41)

My TV have those same features,,when I read in the owner's manual about the 1080p/24 didn't understand it,therefore I leave the settings on 1080p.
    Got any pics of your setup?

Thanks

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Every year OPPO goes up in price. is this one worth $1000?

The first OPPO I bought was like $269
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post

You are looking at it backwards. Oppo's selling point was higher price performance at a lower price. The real question is; Is the $1000 player equal, or better than, other manufacturer's 2K-3K players.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    You are looking at it backwards. Oppo's selling point was higher price performance at a lower price. The real question is; Is the $1000 player equal, or better than, other manufacturer's 2K-3K players.
    Ok, So what's the answer?
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

Default I think the answer is YES

Ok, So what's the answer?
    The same Dac that's in the OPPO 95 is in a $10,000 McIntoush<spell check< stand alone CD player. I just did a google.there's a lot of infomation about this Dac. I feel good, Paid only a $1000 for a $10,000 Player. that's the way to look at it.
    Last edited by PolkClyde; 03-09-2011 at 04:17 AM.
    PolkAudioClyde

The same Dac that's in the OPPO 95 is in a $10,000 McIntoush<spell check< stand alone CD player. I just did a google.there's a lot of infomation about this Dac. I feel good, Paid only a $1000 for a $10,000 Player. that's the way I take it.

I guess for me it's not worth it because my expensive gear is in a room with no TV and only 2 channels.

In my living room where I have a TV and am only using the TV's speakers for sound.

For me I think the unit would be wasted.

I guess for me it's not worth it because my expensive gear is in a room with no TV and only 2 channels.

In my living room where I have a TV and am only using the TV's speakers for sound.

Tv speakers? Helloooooo............is Las around? It's going to rain on your head for that one bro.

J/K bro.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

reported post 54 systamd4
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

That would be the question for me. It seems past my price point. It was stretching to get the OPPO 83. I would be guessing that the DAC's would really be that much better. I can get a Blu Ray player that plays SACD's for $100.
    Front - Polk LSiM 705, Center - Polk LSiM 704c, Rear - Polk LSi 7
    Subwoofer - Epik Legend
    Receiver (as Preamp) - Sony STR-DA3400 ES
    Amplifier - Outlaw 7125
    Television - 58" Samsung Plasma PN58B860
    Blu Ray - OPPO BDP 83

Default Brother Lasareath,you have a lot of wonderful gear.

You may have reach your Godly satisfaction.I have seen pictures of your gear and YouTube video.What else do you need to add to your already, great system.
    PolkAudioClyde

You may have reach your Godly satisfaction.I have seen pictures of your gear and YouTube video.What else do you need to add to your already, great system.
    Thanks. But a true audiophile is never done. So many things to upgrade to. All MIT wires. A pair of one off Bob Carver Mono Tube Amps. That'll be a good start. Only need another 10 to 12k. LOL!

Then maybe I'll get the OPPO. I'd like to try a Jolida CD Player first though.

Sal

Default Hey leroyjr1

Got any pics of your setup?

Thanks
    look under 2 channel> I'm in two channel heaven and there you will find pics
    Attached Images  
    PolkAudioClyde

Thanks. But a true audiophile is never done. So many things to upgrade to. All MIT wires. A pair of one off Bob Carver Mono Tube Amps. That'll be a good start. Only need another 10 to 12k. LOL!

Then maybe I'll get the OPPO. I'd like to try a Jolida CD Player first though.

Sal
    You are not the only one...I would Love to own A pair of Bob Carver's Mono Tube Amps. what's the cost now-days?
    PolkAudioClyde

Member Sales Rating: (5)

I feel good, Paid only a $1000 for a $10,000 Player. that's the way to look at it.
    You are dreaming.

Man, I love my Oppo, but that McIntosh player is in another league altogether. The transport and analog section of the Oppo could be greatly improved upon. I think it's a great player at it's price point. In fact I think it's value is unsurpassed. But it ain't no giant killer.
    -Kevin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)

Polk LS 90's - Front
    Polk CS350 LS - Center
    Polk Monitor 50's - Rear
    JBL Northridge E150P - Sub

2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    Polk LS90's (spiked & tweeked)
    Cardas IC's
    Cardas Bi-Wire