Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Really......Cerwin Vega's?

Never knew they made anything that looked this nice. Wonder what these sound like. Well I think they look kinda sexy.

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/2195799837.html

--Gary--

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Ohhh and they're in Austin
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Very nice speakers.
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan

Very intresting. They look like they might sound good.
    Sunfire TGP, Sunfire Cinema Grand, Sunfire 300~2 (2), Sunfire True Sub (2),Carver ALS Platinum, Carver AL III, TFM-55, C-19, C-9, TX-8, SDA-490t, SDA-390t

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by thuffman03 View Post
    They look like they might sound good.
    Very doubtful, a sexy cabinet with the same crappy components doesn't mean it sounds good.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Yes ive had cerwin vegas,, LOUD, but not at all accurate,, There good for what they are,, party speakers,, critical audiophiles need not apply,,

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Very doubtful, a sexy cabinet with the same crappy components doesn't mean it sounds good.

H9
    Pretty much why I said "might sound good". I have never heard a CV that I liked. But they are pretty! LOL
    Sunfire TGP, Sunfire Cinema Grand, Sunfire 300~2 (2), Sunfire True Sub (2),Carver ALS Platinum, Carver AL III, TFM-55, C-19, C-9, TX-8, SDA-490t, SDA-390t

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I have a friend, in fact one of my best friends, who had Cerwin Vegas and I happily listen to them whenever I'm over to his place. We've scratched the surface about audiophile vs. just plain loud and we are at polar opposites. He's happy with his system, so I just listen and make no comments.

They do play loud and they "thump", just not what I'm into, but he is, so as a friend I just keep my opinions to myself.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (40)

They look like the old JSE Infinite Slope speakers. I'd at least get a demo, it's not like he's asking a TON for them.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

So were they always known as bass bloated party speakers? And maybe looks are deceiving but I have seen many models that look like they'd be really nice speakers. Maybe just a gold plated turd I suppose.

examples...

--Gary--

I'm only partly ashamed to admit there will always be a soft spot in my heart for CV's. One of my roomates in college had a great pair... not sure what they were exactly, but they had some big ol 15" woofers and two mids with a tweeter. They sounded great for the kind of stuff we were listening to then. I've heard some floorstanders with integrated powered subwoofers (not the LSi25's) that didn't sound as smoothly integrated into the bass. And they could even do a respectable job of handling some acoustic stuff when we wanted to let the ladies know we had a sensitive side.

I'd actually have considered trying the ones in Austin out if they hadn't replaced the woofers with Daytons.

I used three Strokers in my Tahoe for a bit. They didn't sound solid, but had enough SPL to shatter 4 windows
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, DIY Statements, Samsung 52" LCD

Quote Originally Posted by On3s&Z3r0s View Post
    I'm only partly ashamed to admit there will always be a soft spot in my heart for CV's.
    +1 on this comment. CV rocked in high school! NWA never sounded so good! The whole block could hear Eazy-E belting out his rap lines!

The the floorstanders with 15" that my buddy had came with LED-like guages that measured the power output from the speakers (or something to that degree).

Rock on!
    Do you hear that buzzing noise?

Quote Originally Posted by JimAckley View Post
    I used three Strokers in my Tahoe for a bit. They didn't sound solid, but had enough SPL to shatter 4 windows
    Had two Strokers in the back of a 93 Cavalier popped the back window right out of the car. Thought it was a fluke until it did it again to the replacement.

CV isn't all bad. Great for a party when you maybe had one or ten to many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

Thread Information