Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default Teacher in Doylestown, PA suspended for blogging...

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...bout-students/

The Central Bucks School District has suspended a high school English teacher after parents complained to administrators about her blog in which she railed on her students for more than a year.

Phrases on the blog include; “Frightfully dim,” “Rat-like,” “Am concerned your kid is going to open fire on the school,” “I hate your kid,” and “Seems smarter than she actually is.”
    Truth hurts, I guess.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

not saying I agree, but the teacher doesnt seem to bright either if she thought she'd get away with something like that.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

True, but there is a little thing called the first amendment. Precedence was just recently set with a case of an employee getting disciplined for posting on fb or some s@#t like that. This is just a feel good gesture by the school board to appease the parents...
    Last edited by Kenneth Swauger; 02-10-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

RT1

Member Sales Rating: (0)

If you hate the kids, get out of teaching

Quote Originally Posted by amulford View Post
    True, but there is a little thing called the first amendment. Precedence was just recently set with a case of an employee getting disciplined for posting on fb or some s@#t like that. This is just a feel good gesture by the school board to appease the parents...
    I guess that if the teacher was blogging on school time, then they may have a leg to stand on. Even though free speech may apply, you still can't say whatever you want without consequences. Much like walking into a theater and yelling FIRE.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cayuga View Post
    If you hate the kids, get out of teaching
    There will be kids you hate to be around, no matter how much you love teaching. Doesn't mean you should quit because of them.

The school was correct here. I'll leave it at that so it doesn't get too political.

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    There will be kids you hate to be around, no matter how much you love teaching. Doesn't mean you should quit because of them.
    Man, I'd be a horrendous teacher if that's the case!
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    I'm with you on this. The only reason she should get in trouble is IF she used any actual student names, or used vulgarity in describing the students.

I work in a 6-8th grade school, and I (and most teachers here) think the exact same thing as she does about some students. Why? Because it's true about some kids.

I don't think it was a blanket statement from her about all the kids in her classes, or all kids in general. There are kids who embody the meaning of the words she used.

Granted, she could have found a better way to vent than putting it online, but as long as she didn't specify a student's name I don't see much wrong with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNightly View Post
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik610 View Post
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

Blu-Ray player: Samsung BD-P1600
    TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjoachim View Post
    I'm with you on this. The only reason she should get in trouble is IF she used any actual student names, or used vulgarity in describing the students.

I work in a 6-8th grade school, and I (and most teachers here) think the exact same thing as she does about some students. Why? Because it's true about some kids.

I don't think it was a blanket statement from her about all the kids in her classes, or all kids in general. There are kids who embody the meaning of the words she used.

Granted, she could have found a better way to vent than putting it online, but as long as she didn't specify a student's name I don't see much wrong with this.
    Pretty sure if someone says 'I hate your kid', there was probably names, or at the very lease clues about who she was talking about.

I'm all for your right to free speech, but as a teacher, you cant post Johnny is a dumb ass online and expect to get away with it.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Thread Information