While there's LOTS of great info here i've never seen a built thread on this forum and barely ever see pictures of your guy's installs so figure i'll "add some color" this to site.
Car isn't done yet and i don't think i'll ever be lol as there's always something else to do and some random things to improve so this might be an ongoing thread. I started adding aftermarket stereo gear a little less then 2 years ago, maybe a bit less. There was different speakers/amps/stuff.. in it including Polk DB, Polk MMC Momo, Polk SR, Infinity, JVC, TruTechnologies, Rockford/Knu/Kicker/ wires, whole bunch of sound deadening.
1. SQ (while still being able to blast some mean volume when i'm in the mood)
2. Keep as much trunk space as possible.
3. Keep my spare tire and be able to reach it without taking half the car apart.
4. Keep ability to fold rear seats down so i could carry long items like let's say some 2x4s via trunk and cabin.
5. While it's a daily driver family sedan and all things above taken into concideration i still want some "show" factor when it comes to the trunk.
My current set-up:
Polk Audio MMC6500 (bi-amped)
Polk Audio SR124-DVC
Polk Audio PA500.4
Polk Audio PA1200.1
Recenty got SR5250 so i'll try them instead of MMC5250.
Current "to-do" list (realistic one, not to be confused with "wish list")
1. Replace MMC6500 with SR5250. That will require some work done to make tweeter pods and special SR x-over housings all the way in odd corners of the trunk so they don't take out usefull trunkspace.
2. Finally finish my amp rack - plexiglass, leds, ventilation, matching carpet.. make it look nice.
3. Add some more deadener, especialy to plastic door panels as they are the only ones that rattle at this point.
Ok, on to the pictures. Even thou deadening wasn't the first thing i did but just to keep it all organized and not to jump from one thing to another i'll start off with that.
BXT - 62.5 sg ft. (silver color) It's a "floor only" material.
BXT2 - 37.5 sg ft. (silver color) Newer stuff, a lot better then regular BXT
Ensolite - 4 yards (36 sg ft)
Damplifier Pro - 40sg ft (black color)
Luxury Liner Pro - 36 sg ft