Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Paradigm Studio Monitor 7 v3

What would you pay for em?

I got someone looking to sell for 325 (havent tried to talk him down). I am thinking more along the lines of 175-200 for the pair. My reasons for this are as follows:

1) the v4 lineup came out in November of 2004 so this speaker is at least 7 years old (no warranty of any kind)
    2) another local polkie picked up a set of Legends for 250 and I believe they are a higher/better quality speaker than the Monitor 7's
    3) he has had these listed for over a month with no movement

Is there something wrong with my reasoning here? I am wanting to try to get these speakers at a deal but dont want to burn him on the first attempt. Figured I want to try to do some bartering perhaps so super low balling him wont get me anywhere...

Do you think they are a worthy upgrade from my Monitor 60's?
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

I'm not that familiar with those, but would you have interest in a pair of Paradigm Studio 40's and a matching center?

P.S. I'm also in Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by TomWhite View Post
    I'm not that familiar with those, but would you have interest in a pair of Paradigm Studio 40's and a matching center?

P.S. I'm also in Indiana
    Please review the rules on selling on the forum. You are not allowed to hock warez without some posts buddy.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Sorry, I really wasn't thinking about that when I posted.

I never thought of my post as a "for sale ad", but I can see where you are coming from.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    What would you pay for em?

I got someone looking to sell for 325 (havent tried to talk him down). I am thinking more along the lines of 175-200 for the pair. My reasons for this are as follows:

1) the v4 lineup came out in November of 2004 so this speaker is at least 7 years old (no warranty of any kind)
    2) another local polkie picked up a set of Legends for 250 and I believe they are a higher/better quality speaker than the Monitor 7's
    3) he has had these listed for over a month with no movement

Is there something wrong with my reasoning here? I am wanting to try to get these speakers at a deal but dont want to burn him on the first attempt. Figured I want to try to do some bartering perhaps so super low balling him wont get me anywhere...

Do you think they are a worthy upgrade from my Monitor 60's?
    If you listened to them and liked them , ask dude what he will take for them. Don't low ball him. Let him give you a number and then you can decide if it's worth it or not.
    The monitor line from Paradigm I personally think are nice speakers , even the older one actually some of them are better sounding then newer models. Old doesn't mean worthless. Speakers rarely go bad so a warranty is a non issue. If you want a warranty buy new and pay full retail.
    On another note your speakers may or may not sound as good as the Paradigms , only you can answer that question. Personally polk and Paradigm is a pick em for me. I like some Polks better then Paradigms and visa versa.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

@mantis:

I went and listened to the Studio 20's and I really liked the way they sound. I didnt listen to the Paradigm Monitor series when I was there though. I got another option on the table for some Studio 40's and a matching center that I am thinking about more than the Monitor 7's since they are a lower line and I would have to source a center from somewhere.

I have not gone and listened to them yet. I shot him an email with my offer and haven't heard back yet but it hasnt been more than a couple hours since I hit send. If I lose out on them I still have a couple other offers floating around. And even if all of them fall through I am in no really big hurry to replace my Monitor 60's.
    Last edited by EndersShadow; 02-15-2011 at 08:36 PM.

@ Enders
    I thought you were holding out for some LSi's? Kidding you, have fun and good luck with your offer.

Quote Originally Posted by TNHNDYMAN View Post
    @ Enders
    I thought you were holding out for some LSi's? Kidding you, have fun and good luck with your offer.
    I was and still may. If these fall through the cracks oh well life goes on ya know.

I still need to hear the LSi's under proper amplification (which I haven't) so I dont have much to compare to the paradigms.

The April meet will let me get my ears on some if I don't have something else by that point.

Plus if I get a cheaper Monitor 60 replacement selling wont be hard.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information