Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default New Amp Help Needed

Just bought a Parasound 5250, five channels at 250 watts. I am running a pair of RXi-A7s for fronts, a Csi-A6 center, and a pair of CSi-A6s for surrounds. The recommended power for the center and rears is exceed by this amplifier. Am I begging for disaster?

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Only if you turn it up too loud. You're fine. Better to have too much, than too little.
    Plenty of threads on here about this...
    ..... ><////(*>

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    Only if you turn it up too loud. You're fine. Better to have too much, than too little.
    Plenty of threads on here about this...
    Agreed 100%
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Sounds like you're in for some good times. Enjoy!

Your surrounds are FXiA4s, right? Centers as surrounds would work, but sure would be a more expensive solution!
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

Quote Originally Posted by mdaudioguy View Post
    Sounds like you're in for some good times. Enjoy!

Your surrounds are FXiA4s, right? Centers as surrounds would work, but sure would be a more expensive solution!
    Sorry FXiA6s

He's less likely to damage the speakers with more than enough power, than not enough.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Quote Originally Posted by carwashguy View Post
    Just bought a Parasound 5250, five channels at 250 watts. I am running a pair of RXi-A7s for fronts, a Csi-A6 center, and a pair of CSi-A6s for surrounds. The recommended power for the center and rears is exceed by this amplifier. Am I begging for disaster?
    No, your not. Hook that puppy up and let it fly. As said above, better more power than not enough.

You will be just fine & very happy. You will damage you ears before you damage the speakers if you get too carried away with the volume.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

All set up. The Parasound produces a noticeably better sound to my novice ear. Sadly I bought the thing at a going out of business sale at Ultimate Electronics. After everything is up and running, I realized one of the channels was not working. Talked them about it, and basically was told so solly sailor. Buyer beware.

Member Sales Rating: (43)

It may have a bad fuse on that channel.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Since you just bought it, maybe if you contact Parasound they would be willing to fix it.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Reported bnerobi13 - spam.

Parasound was sympathetic to my cause. Down side is the nearest repair center is a 4hr. drive away in Leawood KS. Upside my folks live there. I see some K.C. barbecue in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by carwashguy View Post
    Parasound was sympathetic to my cause. Down side is the nearest repair center is a 4hr. drive away in Leawood KS. Upside my folks live there. I see some K.C. barbecue in my future.
    Lived there for a few years. Gates and Sons BBQ was a fav pit stop of mine. Along with a breakfast dive of a place on Troost St. Only bad memory of K.C. is that I married my first wife there. Yuk.

Brian at Audio Mart in Kansas City got me in and out within a few hours. Customer service at Parasound and Audio Mart was top notch. Everything is up and sounding great. I have an itch for a separate A/V processor now however.

I bought a Parasound HCA 500 off ebay about 2 years ago..figure the amp is over 20 years old...I was so impressed with the sound, I emailed sales@parasound to tell them how good my Monitor 60;s sounded after playing them all day with volume at 3:00 o'clock ..it never lost a beat (of course the 60's are easy to drive)

I got a kind thank you from Richard Schram, the president of Parasound, who was sincerely glad to get the news. Nice touch.

Thread Information