Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Question about Integrated amps

How would something like the NAD C 375BEE integrated do with say ... LSi9s?

Just curious - I don't know much about how integrated amps compare toseparate pre / amp combos

Thx!
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs

Member Sales Rating: (2)

integrated amps are great for having everything all-in-one without the loss of audio quality (IMO) that you get with a a/v receiver.

that Nad should power a pair of LSi9's just fine

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

A GREAT combo there. That NAD has lots of power reserves. Should serve Lsi-9s very nicely. I've driven my LSI-7s with the smaller brother (C325BEE) and it did a nice job. The 9s are a bit more POWER hungry but that NAD can handle it!

cnh

Thanks cnh - been very curious about LSi speakers and I'm mulling over the idea of getting an LSi9 2 ch rig for my room. I wouldn't mind investing in a new integrated..but let's see how my tax return goes ;)

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs

Thanks silvertuner (sorry didn't see your post)..
    Last edited by PrazVT; 02-22-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

Okay - I'm a little shaky at the moment :) I just ordered everything: LSi9s (cherry), the NAD 375 integrated, DAC, speaker stands. All that is left is a spdif cable, RCA ics, and some speaker wire. And I'm guessing I shouldn't skimp on the latter..?

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

Audiogon for the wire and ICs!

You're gonna love your LSis! Be looking into a sub to pair up with them down the road. MP1k or 2k wouldn't be bad at all.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, DIY Statements, Samsung 52" LCD

Audiogon for the wire and ICs!

You're gonna love your LSis! Be looking into a sub to pair up with them down the road. MP1k or 2k wouldn't be bad at all.
    I hope so Jim! It's quite an investment all at once, but I'm looking forward to chill' in my room with some tunes. I need to rearrange my room a bit to make space for this. When I get a bigger place, I will probably look into a sub (if I need it).

Also, I will check Audiogon for the cables - though any 'bang for the buck' recommendations are welcome.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

I'll probably get slapped on the wrist for endorsing it, but Monster XP from Radio Shack is better than the regular RS wire or stuff from Walmart. The 30' spool (cat # 278-2758) is $32.99. When I switched from the regular RadioShack wire to Monster XP, it opened up my sound big time. It was almost like there was this weight on my ears that had been lifted. I dunno how else to describe it. Nonetheless, t should hold you over until you can pick up some of the nicer cables out there. Also, take a look at Signal Cable and Audioquest.

Edit: The smaller MicroPRO subwoofers are literally smaller. Same with the Bob Carver subs. Or you could go DIY. That's what I'm gonna do after I get my HT done.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

The MicroPRO is a good idea - I will keep that in mind :)

Meanwhile, I'm going to sell my Parasound NC-2250 amp - I'll probably post that in the FS thread tonight. Makes me feel less guilt over spending so much money today. And it'll give me a little flexibility in choosing speaker cables.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

Thats one helluva amp. Good luck on the sale! I'm buying a Pioneer Elite SC-37 either this week or in two weeks.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Nice! Yeah the SC-37s have come down in price - great bang for the buck!

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

I did some minor accounting and it looks like it's gonna be two weeks. Man I can't wait.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Accounting as in $$ accounting? Yeah I can't wait either...it's the waiting that's the killer :)

So those 2 speakers under your desk - those are JBL bookshelves which you're using as subs basically right?

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

That's correct. I run them with my Kenwood receiver. My "crossover" is my Kenwood EQ. It's a little ghetto but it sounds incredible. :tongue:
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

I think I might be able to buy the Pioneer tomorrow :D!
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I've been demoing the Polk MicroPro 1000 now for a few weeks. Waiting on Doro? And I can definitely say that in a small to small-mid room with two LSi-7s the sound is 'liquid', a 'perfect', seamless match for the bottom end. Highly recommended, very small but built like a rock...a 35 lbs bass cube. Extremely 'musical'. Bigger room...go 3000.

cnh

Mmmm...don't tempt me man

Great feedback on the 1000. Dimensions are quite compact too - sounds like it would be perfect for my room.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

I think I might be able to buy the Pioneer tomorrow :D!
    Let me know how you like it. My cousin still needs to decide on a receiver for his new HT setup. Was thinking of suggesting the SC35 or 37 if he wasn't up for spending $$ on a 5ch amp (esp since he just bought a 65" plasma, the HT area remodel is pending, and he still needs to buy a whole speaker set + bd player).

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

I got my micro 2000 at new egg for 350 with free shipping. I kick myself in the butt for not getting two. I love this little woofer
    Yamaha rx-a2000 AVR
    Polk csi5 Center
    Polk rt16 Main
    Polk fxia6 Rear Surround
    Paradigm Micro Rear Back
    Onkyo bookshelf Front Presence (for now)
    PSW 450 Front Sub
    DSW MicroPro 4000 Front Sub
    DSW MicroPro 2000 Rear Sub
    Samsung c6300 60 inch LED
    Sony BDPs370
    Room Size 15x30

I wanted to get one and waited. "Why?" is beyond me. Oh well.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Well the first items for the bedroom system arrived today - the LSi9s!! Box had no punctures and these babies are beautiful!

Since the stands, amp, DAC & speaker wire won't arrive for a few days I hooked 'em up to my Parasound HCA2200ii to test 'em out. Obviously, they shouldn't be sitting on the floor but I've never heard LSi's so I thought I'd get a preview for a few minutes.

They need to be broken in, so my initial impressions are few:

- They dig low!! I doubt I'm going to need a subwoofer for these - how do they do that?!
    - Definitely warmer sounding than the RTi A7s, but very clear

I hope the NAD c375BEE maintains this experience - as my amp experience is limited to Parasound.

More to follow as this system comes together...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LSi9_1.jpg‎
Views:	65
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	55888   Click image for larger version

Name:	LSi9_2.jpg‎
Views:	62
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	55889   Click image for larger version

Name:	LSi9_3.jpg‎
Views:	74
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	55890  

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

they are a very nice looking speaker PrazVT.... I can't wait until the LSIM's arrive, i'm thinking they'll sound better than the def tech mythos with that forward facing woofer which is the same.
    Yamaha rx-a2000 AVR
    Polk csi5 Center
    Polk rt16 Main
    Polk fxia6 Rear Surround
    Paradigm Micro Rear Back
    PSW 450 Front Sub
    Sony BDPs370
    Room Size 15x30

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder01 View Post
    they are a very nice looking speaker PrazVT.... I can't wait until the LSIM's arrive, i'm thinking they'll sound better than the def tech mythos with that forward facing woofer which is the same.
    Which Ms are you getting?
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

If i get any, it will be the 707, it might be a bad idea to listen to them in an audio store,,lol.. http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...-audio-lsim-fl
    Yamaha rx-a2000 AVR
    Polk csi5 Center
    Polk rt16 Main
    Polk fxia6 Rear Surround
    Paradigm Micro Rear Back
    PSW 450 Front Sub
    Sony BDPs370
    Room Size 15x30

I wonder how they'll compare to modded LSis. They do look beautiful, but I am quite fond of the look of my LSis. Either way I'm stoked.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

$1000 each for the 703s (if I'm right) is a bit much for me, but otherwise, they look beautiful.

I wonder how they'll compare to modded LSis. They do look beautiful, but I am quite fond of the look of my LSis. Either way I'm stoked.
    Good question. I guess it depends whether they're using similar stock components.

Anyway - I think my Cherry LSi9s are gorgeous. Since I'm shipping my crossovers out to ben tomorrow to get upgraded, I can only look at them for the next week or so :)

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

I fell in love with the def tech mytho sound of the bass. I mostly use mine for HT but man even at low volumes it felt like my pant legs would move during the scene in A Christmas Carole where I beleive it's the first ghost, the scrooges ex-worker, comes into the room. The thumping of him coming down the corridor and into the room was awesome.
    Yamaha rx-a2000 AVR
    Polk csi5 Center
    Polk rt16 Main
    Polk fxia6 Rear Surround
    Paradigm Micro Rear Back
    PSW 450 Front Sub
    Sony BDPs370
    Room Size 15x30

The towers look freakin sweet!

Home Theater:

2 Channel:

Quote Originally Posted by PrazVT View Post
    The towers look freakin sweet!
    I gotta agree with you on that one.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm just sitting here laughing to myself at the 2-ch system you're throwing together, and for the best of reasons. Most people start off with a basic stereo receiver and some Monitors or RTis, or even the R/T/M line, whereas you're getting a badass NAD and upgraded LSi9s. And that was a good move to just go ahead and pull the trigger on the xover upgrade. You're gonna have one of the sweetest 2-ch rigs around.

Have you decided on what speaker cable and interconnects you're going to use?
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Thread Information