Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Should I pull the trigger on the DSW Pro 660?

    Hey guys quick question.
    I am running TSI500 (fronts) CS20 (center) TSI300 (Surround Rears) and a PSW125. The 125 just doesn't hit low enough for me on certain passages in movies. And so i am pondering the new DSW Pro 660, i wouldn't run it wireless though. How much of an upgrade would this be? Should I do it? I just can't find any reviews on it on the web nor on the site. So anyone that has one let me know what you think...

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default I meant the DSW 600 not 660

    Quote Originally Posted by stevan5150 View Post
    Hey guys quick question.
    I am running TSI500 (fronts) CS20 (center) TSI300 (Surround Rears) and a PSW125. The 125 just doesn't hit low enough for me on certain passages in movies. And so i am pondering the new DSW Pro 660, i wouldn't run it wireless though. How much of an upgrade would this be? Should I do it? I just can't find any reviews on it on the web nor on the site. So anyone that has one let me know what you think...
    I meant the DSW 600 not 660

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,637

    Default

    You are talking about a huge upgrade. I am running a DSW Pro 550 as a demo and it produces some deep clean bass when set-up properly. Polk did a great job with these...

    Welcome to the Forum!

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conradicles View Post
    You are talking about a huge upgrade. I am running a DSW Pro 550 as a demo and it produces some deep clean bass when set-up properly. Polk did a great job with these...

    Welcome to the Forum!
    Well I went ahead and ordered one lets hope i like it more than the micro pro 1000 i blind bought and then resold 3 days later lol

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    I have the dsw pro 550wi and like it a lot. I can't compair it to anything else because it is the only one I have owned. I got it when polk was running the free psw111 offer. I used the 299 twards the DSW Pro550wi. Pretty good sub for 200 bucks.


    Wich sub did you get? There are both DSW Pro 600 and DSW Pro 660wi. I believe they arer the same speaker only the 660wi has 2x the wattage.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbooker82 View Post
    I have the dsw pro 550wi and like it a lot. I can't compair it to anything else because it is the only one I have owned. I got it when polk was running the free psw111 offer. I used the 299 twards the DSW Pro550wi. Pretty good sub for 200 bucks.


    Wich sub did you get? There are both DSW Pro 600 and DSW Pro 660wi. I believe they arer the same speaker only the 660wi has 2x the wattage.
    LOL yeah i kinda confused myself earlier in the post. I ordered the newer DSW Pro 660wi. I am curious though do you have it sitting on carpet with it running in down firing mode? I keep reading things about downfiring on carpet and how some people actually take a piece of ceramic tile place it on the carpet and then put the downfiring sub of their choice on top of it and it helps by the carpet not soaking up all the sound... any thoughts?

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    I have mine facing down on carpet. I am sure a hard wood floor or a pice of tile would be better but I have a small appartment and it fills the room pretty good as it is.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Update!

    Well i got in the 660 and GOD I HATE FED EX! I watched through the window yesterday as FEDEX was unloading my sub, he took it off the top shelf and just dropped it on the ground from the truck. He brought it in and I told him that I saw him drop it on the ground and i don't appreciate him treating the packages that way. His excuse was "oh man well it was heavy", i told him I dont give a damn, you figure out some other way to unload it instead of dropping it from the truck to the concrete. I informed him that i was going to inspect the package before he left. I opened the box and much to my surprise the crossover knob had been demolished, bent and the faceplate had been dented in. He then starts to say that he didn't do that and that I can't blame him for that, but for me to wait while he goes back out to his truck to grab some paper work...next thing i knew he FREAKING LEFT! I didn't even get to sign anything! So I called polk and they are sending me a whole new amplifier plate for free and I told them they have got to find a new shipping company. I still plugged it in and tested it. I am not sure what the dang crossover is set at due to the knob issue. Overall I am happy with it , it looks killer and it hits hard on scenes from the blu ray of The Incredible Hulk.

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,637

    Default

    I would call FedEx and file a complaint. They will know which driver it was by your address.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevan5150 View Post
    Well i got in the 660 and GOD I HATE FED EX! I watched through the window yesterday as FEDEX was unloading my sub, he took it off the top shelf and just dropped it on the ground from the truck. He brought it in and I told him that I saw him drop it on the ground and i don't appreciate him treating the packages that way. His excuse was "oh man well it was heavy", i told him I dont give a damn, you figure out some other way to unload it instead of dropping it from the truck to the concrete. I informed him that i was going to inspect the package before he left. I opened the box and much to my surprise the crossover knob had been demolished, bent and the faceplate had been dented in. He then starts to say that he didn't do that and that I can't blame him for that, but for me to wait while he goes back out to his truck to grab some paper work...next thing i knew he FREAKING LEFT! I didn't even get to sign anything! So I called polk and they are sending me a whole new amplifier plate for free and I told them they have got to find a new shipping company. I still plugged it in and tested it. I am not sure what the dang crossover is set at due to the knob issue. Overall I am happy with it , it looks killer and it hits hard on scenes from the blu ray of The Incredible Hulk.
    He should be fired!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. i just pull the trigger...
    By SivaNevets in forum Car Audio & Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 04:51 PM
  2. Ready to pull the trigger....
    By JoshParsons84 in forum Car Audio & Electronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 12:02 AM
  3. Last min. input b4 I pull the trigger...
    By 4thHorsemen in forum Speakers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 07:34 PM
  4. think i just might pull the trigger
    By ntculenuff in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 01:51 PM
  5. should I pull the trigger on these?
    By nooshinjohn in forum Electronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts