Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

That was just a quick google image search. Definitely not my handiwork. I already know when building speakers that if you go cardboard, Amsoil boxes are the only way to go, and unfortunately, I couldn't find any when I raided my neighbor's garage.

I think it's kind of cool you did it w/ cardboard for the hell of it. Where are you located wards?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by TECHNOKID View Post
    however, I might be wrong but I would be scared to crank them up too loud (vibration and potentially chasing the speakers all over the room )
    I guess I need to take these to the Polk Fest in April so others can hear them. They only weight in around 10 pounds each but pushing them with a 250 watt per channel amp, when the power meter approached 25 watts they rocked the room. Again they won't go up against Wilson Watt Puppy but they are simple, cheap and have decent sound. They were never intended to do anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post
    I guess I need to take these to the Polk Fest in April so others can hear them. They only weight in around 10 pounds each but pushing them with a 250 watt per channel amp, when the power meter approached 25 watts they rocked the room. Again they won't go up against Wilson Watt Puppy but they are simple, cheap and have decent sound. They were never intended to do anything more.
    I am convinced they would be quite entertaining at a PolkFest. At the price it cost you, why not having fun with a little project like that. You've just making my point by stating the weight. What I was trying to say is at higher volume level the little buggers must be dancing, jumping and running all around the floor space

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    That was just a quick google image search. Definitely not my handiwork. I already know when building speakers that if you go cardboard, Amsoil boxes are the only way to go, and unfortunately, I couldn't find any when I raided my neighbor's garage.

I think it's kind of cool you did it w/ cardboard for the hell of it. Where are you located wards?
    Well, I was in the impression that was your man cave sub. :tongue:

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I'm in San Antonio. Well at least for the last 20 years. I was just up in your neck of the woods this past weekend. Spent some time at Russman's place, hunting vinyl at 2nd hand book shop and eating sashimi at Wasabi.

Thread Information