Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default HT - SDA2 or M10's?

I've currently got a pair of M10's that I'm using as fronts with a M5 center. I know I can get ahold of a pair of SDA 2's for a good price, but I don't have a good amp to push them. For Home Theater, would there be any point in upgrading to the SDA 2?

One benefit I see is that the tweeter is raised since I don't have stands for the M10's yet. Other than that, I couldn't see where there would be much difference, but I haven't had my ears on them either.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

If you have never heard SDA's you should. I used my SDA's in HT for a while but then went with smaller speakers because of placement issues and the WAF.

If you only use that setup for movies you may not really need SDA's but if you listen to two channel on the same setup you will be quite impressed with the SDA sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

For HT I'd stick with the M10's and get some stands. For music or a music/HT mix I'd go with the SDA's. The sda2's don't need a ton of power so you'd get away with just a receiver until you find a good amp.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Get the SDA's if they are reasonably priced, move the M10's to surround. If you don't like it you can always flip the SDA's.........but I think you'll like it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I've currently got a pair of M10's that I'm using as
    One benefit I see is that the tweeter is raised since I don't have stands for the M10's yet. Other than that, I couldn't see where there would be much difference, but I haven't had my ears on them either.

Your Monitor 10s should sound much better if you raise them off the floor 8-10 inches.
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.

Member Sales Rating: (45)

I use SDA-2B's for H/T and love them!!!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Buy the SDAs and move the 10s to the back. Using SDAs up front does a fantastic job of bridging the normally empty space between the fronts and surrounds.

Member Sales Rating: (43)

SDA's are just fine for HT. Put the 10's in the back.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Get the SDA's if they are reasonably priced, move the M10's to surround. If you don't like it you can always flip the SDA's.........but I think you'll like it.

H9
    I agree, I have both but use my SDA's in my HT/ 2ch set up and love them for both. I don't use a sub at the moment either and its fine.

I really think you'll like them anyway but let us know.

I have fx300i's that I'm completely happy with for surrounds, so if I got the SDA's, I would in turn sell the M10's. I don't know, in that case, if the SDA would really bring anything to the table since they wouldn't get the 2 channel music pumping through them. I considered offering a trade on the LSi7's for the SDA2's for dedicated 2 channel, but I love the LSi sound and don't know that I really want to part with them.

I'm thinking I'm going to stick with the M10's and pursue a separate power amp. I'm picking up a Denon 1082 for well under $100 this weekend, so I'll finally have pre-outs to play with. I just can't stand the sound of the Yamaha 563 anymore.

Thread Information