Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Default The WDYDT Fitness, Exercise, Diet Thread

Welcome to, "The What Did You Do Today Fitness, Exercise, Diet Thread." This was inspired by a thread from Mantis. The goal is to have a place for everyone to report what they did for the day. It is not specific towards weight training, Insanity, swimming, prepping for the Boston Marathon, or just trying to reduce your daily calories. Open to all and all are welcomed.

Think of this as group support.

And I do hope it stays positive, I hope it will be encouraging, and I hope you all achieve your fitness goals. What I hope it does not do is spiral into a flamewar over the various tools, research, and theories that do exist.

Good luck!

I did nothing today. What a way to start, right?

More specifically, I rested. Got a stomach virus from the wife, she's worse, but you do not want the details. I think I'm over it since this morning but I'm just taking it easy and even got in a power nap.

Yesterday, I was on the elliptical for 2 hours while watching, "7 Pounds". That's two depressing movies in a row. I have "Hereafter" ready for viewing but I'm hoping it's not 3 depressing movies in a row.

Thinking about running tomorrow, Sunday. My road bike (24 speed) needs to go in for maintenance. I usually rest on Sunday but I'm itching to start a running program but it's been 5-6 years. Gonna hurt. Sucks.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Why didn't you ask yesterday Last night I did a set of 40 pushups followed by 5 3/4 miles on the treadmill...1/2 mile 10 min warm-up, 4 miles in 51:34 min, 1 mile at 15 min and a 1/4 mile cool-down.
    Today we had company coming so all I had time for was 1 stinking mile.

HT
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, LG 60PK550 plasma, Panasonic DMP-BDT210 BDP, DTV HD receiver, SB Touch, 5 x Polk Audio RC85i
    Computer rig - Windows 7/ JRiver, M2Tech HiFace 2 w/external battery power, Grant Fidelity TubeDac 11, Fostex PMO.4n monitors

Member Sales Rating: (0)

12oz. curls
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Same t hing I do every night Pinky. Try and take over the world.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    12oz. curls

That was last night, and currently in progress. Today, I slept until 11, and then worked from home until 5:30. Pressing keys on the keyboard is the most strenuous thing done today. Next week will be another story, as I will be hitting the gym everyday at lunch.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I did (3) Sets of leg extensions with 90lbs, 15 Reps
    And (3) Sets of leg curls with 50lbs, also 15 reps on my bowflex revolution.

Every day this week I've been doing weight lifting, one day upper body and the next lower.

Been trying to cut down on breads, rice, sugar and fried foods.

Today was bad, I had ice cream. Was too sweet and made me feel nauseous.

Hope to get on my bike soon when the weather gets better. Would love to get a racing bike. My current bike is an extended beach cruiser with 1 speed. Hard to get anywhere with it.

I'd love to get one of these this summer: http://www.streetstrider.com/

Sal
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (9)

On Friday I did one hour of cross training and on Saturday night I played ice hockey for 1.5 hours. The hockey may not seem like much, but consider that I haven't put on a pair of skates in 30 years. Yep...I think I'm gonna feel it on Sunday.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.

40 min on elliptical this morning. Went to Dick's and bought a new pair of New Balance 870's and took it for a spin from 5 to 5:40pm. Mostly jogged but walked some. Overcast and a nice breeze. Loved it. Lower body a bit sore.

Quote Originally Posted by fatchowmein View Post
    40 min on elliptical this morning. Went to Dick's and bought a new pair of New Balance 870's and took it for a spin from 5 to 5:40pm. Mostly jogged but walked some. Overcast and a nice breeze. Loved it. Lower body a bit sore.
    Very nice! I wish I could do the elliptical. I own one. A very nice Shwinn but I hit my head on my ceiling when I do it :(

I want to get that street strider. They say you can burn 1000 calories per hour. Damn that would be hot. I could loose that last 50lbs np with a device like that.

Today I did all sorts of arm exercises on my bowflex. My problem is I don't know what to do exercise wise on the bowflex but today I found the instructional DVD that came with it and now I can watch the lessions and do the exercises correctly. Awesome!!!

Walking up the stairs just now my buttocks are burning!!! I guess i had a good leg workout yesterday!!! :)

Sal
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

i apparently forgot to limber up yesterday, i woke up and was on the verge of going to the ER due to severe back pain. literally couldnt get out of bed and my 3 year old was getting very upset. must have been loading up a 300lb 4 wheeler by myself without ramps. tomorrow starts a new cycle in my diet. starting out with a 1 mile jog, 4 meals a day (healthy of course), and a pot of black coffee before i go for the jog. the evening will consist of extensive billiards action with my freshly redone mcdermott. thats my upper body work out lol. i have the muscle, just gotta lose the fat. my arms are already huge, chest if bulked, i just need the cardio. 1 mile will hopefully turn into 4 by the end of april. did i mention im 210lbs, five foot 8 inches, and a heavy smoker? this could get interesting. i was 243 when my 3 year old was born, 210 now, and looking for 180 by mid summer. was 160 and buff as hell when i graduated high school, then discovered wild turkey and long island ice teas. i cant keep up with my 3 year old, and its time i wore him out, instead of the other way around. of course the usual sit-ups, push-ups, and pull-ups. usually 3 sets of 40 for push ups and sit ups, and 3 sets of 10 on the pull-ups. i wont be happy until i can do 3 sets of 100 comfortably, and 3 sets of 30 on the pull ups. should be a fun next few weeks, especially with an already strained back.

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that

30 min on the elliptical
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

You picked the absolute worst time to create this thread!! Friday was my birthday (though I was able to go bike riding for a bit since it was so warm, great bday gift!), so that was heavy drinking night. Sat I was too hungover to do anything and worked sat night. Then sunday was bday celebration with family which means "Tom drinks his ass off to make day go qucker" day.

Today is a start of a new day though, after work, upper back, light training on lower back, then on the treadmill for at LEAST 30 minutes. Beer will be holding me down though, wish me luck.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    Very nice! I wish I could do the elliptical. I own one. A very nice Shwinn but I hit my head on my ceiling when I do it :(

I want to get that street strider. They say you can burn 1000 calories per hour. Damn that would be hot. I could loose that last 50lbs np with a device like that.

Today I did all sorts of arm exercises on my bowflex. My problem is I don't know what to do exercise wise on the bowflex but today I found the instructional DVD that came with it and now I can watch the lessions and do the exercises correctly. Awesome!!!

Walking up the stairs just now my buttocks are burning!!! I guess i had a good leg workout yesterday!!! :)

Sal
    Sal, I have no idea how you can hit your head on the ceiling using an elliptical but can you move it? For me, more exercise equipment means more variety so get the street rider if you're going to use it. Just keep in mind that to burn 1,000 calories an hour, you're going to have to really push yourself hard. I can hit 1200 calories an hour (so says my Polar watch) on my bike but I'm sprinting like a mad man and sucking air like a fish out of water.

If you're trying to lose 50 lbs, I wouldn't worry about arm exercises if I were you. Focus on strength exercises that utilize large muscle groups to get the most bang for your time and effort.

Keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by silvertuner View Post
    i have the muscle, just gotta lose the fat. my arms are already huge, chest if bulked, i just need the cardio.
    Check out the Nova special from the link below. They took 12 sedentary people and prepped them for the Boston marathon on a 40 week training program. VO2 max for some of them were poor at the begging but improved greatly at the end of the program. However, body composition for those who were overweight did not change due to diet and these folks ran/jogged 26 miles! Just keep that in mind and watch your caloric intake.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/63726/nova-marathon-challenge

Good luck!

Check out the Nova special from the link below. They took 12 sedentary people and prepped them for the Boston marathon on a 40 week training program. VO2 max for some of them were poor at the begging but improved greatly at the end of the program. However, body composition for those who were overweight did not change due to diet and these folks ran/jogged 26 miles! Just keep that in mind and watch your caloric intake.

Good luck!
    I mentioned this phenomenon before -- that diet matters more than exercise when it comes to weight loss -- (without the link, admittedly) and got absolutely destroyed by everyone telling me I was an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    Today is a start of a new day though, after work, upper back, light training on lower back, then on the treadmill for at LEAST 30 minutes. Beer will be holding me down though, wish me luck.
    That's what I want to see and share! We don't live in a vacuum. We're not sports and fitness gurus nor millionaire movie stars with dieticians and exercise instructors. We're average folks having to deal with birthday parties and drinking buddies.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bobman1235 View Post
    I mentioned this phenomenon before -- that diet matters more than exercise when it comes to weight loss -- (without the link, admittedly) and got absolutely destroyed by everyone telling me I was an idiot.
    I was 130 lbs in 7th grade all the way up to age 30. I could eat a whole buffet table and not show it. At 35, it caught up to me at 167. Yesterday, I was 148 not that I care that much about the scale because I am your typical skinny fat and the mirror shows it. I'm working on the nutrition part (hate to say "diet") but that last 10 lbs is clinging on for dear life.

That "phenomenon" sucks.

Agreed. I'm 30 and I've been hovering between 195 and 200 pounds for a few years now, and at my last physical they took blood and my numbers are all... not great (cholesterol, triglycerides, etc). Not BAD, but not good either. That was enough to get me to really buckle down on my food intake and exercise. In the last month and a half of just counting my calories and trying to get at least 20 mins of exercise in every day (plopped the exercise bike in front of the TV) I"m already down 7 pounds and a belt notch.

Can't recommend the iPhone app "Lose It!" enough. It's a little tedious entering in ALL of your food, but it's still a great way to keep track of EVERYTHING.

I txt'ed my coach to let him know him that the cardio guy cleared me to get back on the bike after the second leg surgery to clear up my compartment syndrome.
    Are you part of the dirty digital peasants or a member of the great Analog Master Race?

SDA Recommended Playlist https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FZCRkdxYXVNanc

Open for editing.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Good luck!
    very interesting, i will have to watch it when i can sit down and just watch.

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that

Sal, I have no idea how you can hit your head on the ceiling using an elliptical but can you move it?
    Low ceilings and being 6'5. plus the elliptical raises me off the ground a foot. this is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-Variab.../dp/B001AS696K

For me, more exercise equipment means more variety so get the street rider if you're going to use it. Just keep in mind that to burn 1,000 calories an hour, you're going to have to really push yourself hard. I can hit 1200 calories an hour (so says my Polar watch) on my bike but I'm sprinting like a mad man and sucking air like a fish out of water.
    People say the StreetStrider burns a lot more calories than a bike and puts less stress on your body and so you can ride it longer.

If you're trying to lose 50 lbs, I wouldn't worry about arm exercises if I were you. Focus on strength exercises that utilize large muscle groups to get the most bang for your time and effort.

Keep going!
    50lbs should be easier for me than most people. I've had Gastric bypass surgery and I absorb only 66% of the calories I take in because 1/3 of my small intestine has been bypassed.

I've been working my leg muscles as well and my legs are huge, usually when i start working out I start losing weight very quickly.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Cut 2+ cords oak firewood....don't sound like a lot to some but at my age cutting, carrying to truck..hopping into truck to stack logs(full size F250 with side rails) and then unloading truck, well that's a lot of work. Last night was 3 advil and tequila chaser...feelin' my age today too! On days I don't cut firewood I usually spend about 30 minutes on the Total Gym and then take my puppies for a long walk.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

30 minutes running on the treadmill and a few arm machines at the gym. Need to eat better.

I have had success with the iphone app "lose it!". Once I built up my personal foods, it was easier to get meals in and there are a lot of resturants on it. I'll search the resturant menus to see what it is the best way to maximize my carolies when I am out.
    Mains - LSi9's
    Center - LSiC
    Amplification - Parasound 2125
    AVR - Onkyo 706
    CD/SACD - Onkyo DV-SP506
    SUB - MartinLogan Abyss
    55" Panasonic Viera TC-P55GT30 3D
    Bluray - DMP-BDT310 Panasonic

Member Sales Rating: (4)

On Friday, I filled a 30 gallon trash can with wild onion plugs from my lawn.

On Saturday, I filled 4 more after I did 100 push ups, 50 pull ups and 100 sit ups

On Sunday I filled 2 more cans after I did 100/50/100 again, grabbed 20 bags of dirt from Home Depot along with two 40 pound bags of fertilizer for my parents and then helped the GF with moving boxes to her new digs for a few hours.

Today, I'm kinda sore and glad I have to sit at my desk all day.

Tomorrow, surgery so an early night for me.

If you want to lose weight, diet is very important but so is sleep. So make sure you're well rested 'cause that not only gives your body time to properly metabolize all the stuff you cram down your gullet but it also gives it time to recover from exercise regimens.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

For Lent I gave up going back for seconds, and no I don't double up on firsts. Quite difficult for me on pasta night.
    Staff Member TONEAudio[SIZE="1"]
    Blogger Site_ smallspacesaudio
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    2 Ch. System
    SimAudio Moon i7 int. amp
    MacBook/PureMusic/iTunes,1.5 TB hd
    SimAudio 300D DAC,
    Harbeth Compact 7es3 Spkrs
    Magnepan1.6 w/SkiingNinja x-overs
    Rega RP1 w/Ortofon Super OM40
    SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Additional Gear:
    ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom3, Virtue Audio int. amp, Vista Audio Int. amp, iPod 160 gig

40 min elliptical in the AM.
    P90x chest, shoulders, and tricepts and ab ripper x in the pm.
    Now, where did I put that dextrose IV line?

45 minutes of cross-fit training this evening.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Decline Bench
    185 x 8
    225 x 7
    225 x 6
    235 x 5
    240 x 5

Dumbbell Bench
    75 x 9
    80 x 7
    85 x 6
    85 x 6

machine chest fly
    110 x 10
    120 x 8 x 3

Abs... 3 compound sets till failure... leg raise and dunno what you call it... cable-machine-rope-crunches???

40 min jogged/walked in am.
    30 min getting reacquainted with my 15+ (?) y.o. hard boot Rollerblades (replaced with ABEC 5, 72mm 78A wheels) in pm. Too scared to try on my fast soft boot version.
    Road bike sent to bike shop for maintenance.
    Replaced battery on Polar F6. Chest strap still working.

Tried out Neti Pot for allergies (explains why I'm still up and not following Jstas's rest advice). Nope, didn't help. Claritin D it is. Will try Neti Pot for a week else it's doctor visit and shots or Beconase AQ (always works well). I tried the Neti spray bottle but didn't like it.

Thread Information