Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Tues,
    30 min on the weights...4 sets dumbbell bench press, 3 sets barbell curl, 1 set dumbbell curl, 1 set lying tricep extension.
    93 min jogging/fast walking on treadmill.

HT system -
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, LG 60PK550 plasma, Panasonic DMP-BDT210 BDP, DTV HD receiver, SB Touch, 5 x Polk Audio RC85i
    Computer rig - Windows 7 PC running JRiver, M2Tech HiFace 2 w/external battery power, Grant Fidelity TubeDac 11, Fostex PMO.4n monitors

Member Sales Rating: (5)

40 min elliptical in AM
    P90x Back & Biceps in PM

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1952 View Post
    93 min jogging/fast walking on treadmill.
    93 minutes on a treadmill? You have more patience than me. 30 minutes is my limit.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

45 minutes cross-training.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

OK...yesterday; 75 minutes of free weights, one set of 75 push-ups on push up floor bars, and 400 crunches (warm up set of 75--final set of 325). Stretching before and after. Got to watch aging joints!

Should get on the treadmill today for a bit...don't run much anymore, my knees don't like it! So brisk walking and cycling ONLY. But I get lazy with the aerobics. Plus I hit the local Chinese Buffet last night. My fortune cookie said, 'Dessert can make you happy!' I was on my second dessert plate at the time I opened the cookie, almost fell out of my seat laughing as I handed the fortune to my daughter who also had a good belly laugh.

Fortunately for me, I haven't been to a Buffet for a few months so I'm still 'good'!

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 03-24-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    I'd love to get one of these this summer: http://www.streetstrider.com/

Sal
    yeah, youd look great cruising down the backpath on one of those with your fox pelt hat whipping in the wind...
    design is where science and art break even.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Had to clean out the old datacenter at work today, so I'm guessing that burned a few calories. Only about an hour of being out of my chair moving around, though. Then I ate a huge serving of lasagna at the party that we were cleaning up for...

At home... doing laundry and dishes... and probably do a few 16oz curls later.

I really need to get my butt in gear soon for excercise. There's no way I'd show myself in public without a shirt on right now... and before you know it, it'll be time to go camping/boating for a week and I'll still look like crap.
    Ludicrous gibs!

60 min jogged/walked

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I finally moved my Elliptical into the basement and while standing on it at full height I do not hit the ceiling!

This is what I see:
    Attached Images  
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

20 min elliptical in am. Nothing in pm because left shin muscle (iced it, nice) and feet are a bit sore from yesterday. Taking it easy today so I can hopefully run tomorrow. Bike still in the shop.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

45 minutes cross training....lots of ab and leg work this time.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.

Quote Originally Posted by fatchowmein View Post
    20 min elliptical in am. Nothing in pm because left shin muscle (iced it, nice) and feet are a bit sore from yesterday. Taking it easy today so I can hopefully run tomorrow. Bike still in the shop.

Would you normally use the elliptical twice in one day?
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

Shoulders and Traps day:
    Front military press
    Back military press
    Front straight bar shrugs
    Back straight bar shrugs
    Dumbell Shrugs
    Upright Rows
    Back Flyes
    Lateral Raise

All Pyramid sets
    Polk CS1 Series II
    Monitor 30s
    Monitor 40s Series II
    Klipsch RW-12D
    Onkyo TX-SR308
    Samsung 46" LED-LCD
    Samsung BD-C5500 (Don't Recommend)

WOW, i just rode the elliptical, first time in 6 months. I did 5 mins and burned 61 calories!

I'm Beat!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    Would you normally use the elliptical twice in one day?
    Normally, no but that's just me. However, there's no rule that says you cannot or should not. I will split my elliptical workout if I'm constrained on time but I usually use the elliptical for a low impact workout when I'm also doing high impact the same day or I'm recovering from a previously demanding workout and the old body is telling me to slow down. "Active recovery" is what "they" call it I think.

For example, I was still feeling my Thursday 60 min evening run the next morning so I took it easy. I was scheduled for a Friday evening P90x lower body workout but my shin wasn't up to it so I cancelled it and I could have replaced it with another elliptical session but I just wanted to rest and go run Saturday morning.

If you're thinking about splitting your elliptical workout, knock yourself out. If 5 min is all your heart and lungs can handle at any one time and you want to try again later in the day, go for it as long as your joints can handle it. Listen to your body.

http://rondagates.site.aplus.net/cov.../beginner.html
    The neophyte's body isn't used to exercise. Doing 3 or 4 fifteen-minute sessions a day instead of one long bout not only makes you feel less tired but also seems to stimulate the body to initiate the various changes I've discussed in my books. As you become more fit, longer sessions produce better results, but in the beginning I urge you to stick with short, frequent sessions.
    Time for my run...

Good luck, Sal!

Wed
    73 min on the treadmill jogging/fast walking
    Thurs
    80 min on the treadmill fast walking
    Fri
    Beer and vodka martini's, prawns and scallops w/asparagus, baby corn and carrots

HT system -
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, LG 60PK550 plasma, Panasonic DMP-BDT210 BDP, DTV HD receiver, SB Touch, 5 x Polk Audio RC85i
    Computer rig - Windows 7 PC running JRiver, M2Tech HiFace 2 w/external battery power, Grant Fidelity TubeDac 11, Fostex PMO.4n monitors

60 min jogged

Just did 10 minutes on the elliptical. 0.8 miles, 123 calories!!

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Did a personal best 45 minutes on the stationary bike yesterday. Woot.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Sat - 83 min on treadmill fast walking/jogging interval training
    Sun - 30 min weight training, dumbbell bench press, standing barbell curl, lying tricep curl bar extension followed by 65 minutes on treadmill fast walking/jogging interval training

HT system -

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Did nothing from Tuesday through Friday last week 'cause the exercise gets blood pressure up and it made the surgery stuff hurt like hell. Saturday, I moved an apartment's worth of stuff for someone and then did laundry in between finishing yet more bookcases. Then I got to stay up all night for work. yay

Sunday, I slept late, got up and put together my last bookcase. As I waited for the glue to dry, I transferred two 32 gallon cans worth of wild onions from the lawn to trash bags for collection on Wednesday. Then I filled those cans back up with new onions. Broke a shovel doing it too. Then did edge banding on the bookcase when the glue was dry 'cause it was dark outside and I couldn't see the onions anymore. Then I made dinner. Then I sanded the bookcase. Then I sanded a bit more. Then I sanded again. Then I vacuumed the sanding dust. Then I went over it with a tack cloth. Then I put a coat of stain on. Then I cleaned up dinner. Then I folded laundry 'cause the stain wasn't dry yet. Then I did a 2nd coat of stain. Then I ironed clothes for the next day. Then I went to bed.

I didn't do any exercises all weekend.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

30 minutes on the treadmill and 3 sets of 20 rep incline sit-ups
    Mains - LSi9's
    Center - LSiC
    Amplification - Parasound 2125
    AVR - Onkyo 706
    CD/SACD - Onkyo DV-SP506
    SUB - MartinLogan Abyss
    55" Panasonic Viera TC-P55GT30 3D
    Bluray - DMP-BDT310 Panasonic

84 min. on treadmill - combination of incline/jogging/fast walk

HT system -

36 minute workout (85-95% max HR)

30 situps
    30 crunches
    15 dumbell clean/press (10 lbs)
    100 reps jump rope
    12 pushups
    10 kicks (knee strike)
    10 kicks (front)
    10 kicks (roundhouse)
    10 kicks (axe)
    10 kicks (back)
    10 squats (20 lbs added)

Repeat 8 times, no rest at any time. Maintain pace to stay at about 90% max HR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Did nothing from Tuesday through Friday last week 'cause the exercise gets blood pressure up
    This is a good point. If you are worried at all about blood pressure, focus on cardio, which will decrease you blood pressure over time. On the other hand, weight training has a mild arterial stiffening effect. Japanese researchers found that doing cardio after weight training compensated for this stiffening effect, whereas doing cardio before weight training had no protective effect.

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/conten...act/105/4/1342

60 min jog starting at 5:30AM. 5 miles, 1/2 uphill. Windchill 46 or lower with slight drizzle. No shin pain. Woot! Right ankle and right edge of right foot not too happy. 12 min mile is slow but that was my usual long distance (anything over 50 meter sprint) pace on the junior high track team. Considering this is my 5th time out running, I'm rather surprise. I anticipated jogging/walking for at least 2 weeks.

I'm entertaining a war hero all week so I'm booked the rest of the day after I get home from work.

40 min cycling on road bike

Today was day 1 of p90x for me. Lets see if I can stay with it. So ab ripper X at 5:45 this morning, back & chest at 8 tonight. 3 scrambled eggs, biscuit/jelly in the morning, strawberries for the morning snack, fried chicken and gravy for lunch, orange & jerky for afternoon snack, then a ham/cheese sandwich for supper.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Tue - 77 min. on treadmill - combination of incline/jogging/fast walk
    Wed - 78 min. on treadmill - combination of incline/fast walk

HT system -

64 min jogged

Thread Information