Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Default Shuguang Treasure CV181-Z

I put these 6SN7 varients in my Wright PREAMP several months ago and could not be happier with how quiet they are and how much more spacing(air) they added to my sound stage.

I had tried 4 very good and in some cases expensive NOS 6SN7s but were finicky and some times noisy until they warmed up. They sounded good but these treasures sound better.

The treasures run very cool as well.

I added a quad of the KT-88s to my Wright power amp which was a nice upgrade but not like the CV-181s.

The wright amp uses 6 6SN7s on the input side. I received 6 CV-181 treasures a couple of days ago and put them in the AMP.

I was using some JAN Phillips that were quiet but the treasures further improved the sound stage, more air but the big thing I have noticed is how quiet or black the background is if that make sense.

Anyway, if you use 6SN7s I highly suggest trying some of these Treasure 6SN7 varients.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Do they have the long burn in time like the other Treasures?
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Yep, I think the CV-181s have the most changes during burn in. One song sounds magical then the next song the highs are 4 feet to the rear, next song they will be where they should. After about 30 hours hours though they are amazing.
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (47)

Who'd you get em' from,please and thanks--I just ordered my 6CA7 Treasure grade A,matched ,blah,blah,,lets pray they get here safely and are as good as you and Jesse say they are ,,fiddy dollah' shipping tubes.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

I tried http://www.goodcomponent.com/ and they were not able to fill my order but Chargerman426 had recommended http://www.jjyaudio.com/ and their price was cheaper (grade A).

Helen is a great commincator too.

I think my 3 pairs of CV181 grade a was $479 shipped.

A friend bought 5 pairs of grade a 6ca7 for $640 shipped.

In both our cases shipping took 5 business days.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by thsmith; 03-24-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Better pics of the treasures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010038.jpg‎
Views:	262
Size:	448.1 KB
ID:	56513   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010039.jpg‎
Views:	212
Size:	396.6 KB
ID:	56514  

I got a quad from them--(Helen) ordered today--any ideas on shipping times.BTw,,Helen has been a pleasure to deal with.BTW beautiful amp

and look at that phono--you sir,, should be in sonic nirvana.
    Keep on rockin'.

George, it was 5 business days for my friend and I to receive ours.

Thank you George, You got me stated down the road on the Wright stuff.

I am in sonic nirvana off and on until the 181s burn in

I have to say Helen is the best commincator I have dealt with no matter the location.

BTW, the Wright SUT uses Sowter 8055 Studio Phono Cartridge Transformers.
    Last edited by thsmith; 03-24-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Just ordered some of these from Helen for the Rogue 99 Magnum. Looking forward to it!

How are you feeling about them now that they are broken in, assuming they are all settled now?
    2. CH: Rega P3-24, Oppo BDP 95, Rogue Ninety Nine Magnum, Rogue Stereo 90, Tyler Linbrook Sig. Monitors, Audio Art Cables, APC H15

Best tube I have had in my preamp and have tried some very good NOS ones.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Good morning, I notice no Anthem1 amp in the mix anymore. You still have it or is it in use in another rig?
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

hmmm--good eye Tom

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Good morning, I notice no Anthem1 amp in the mix anymore. You still have it or is it in use in another rig?
    It was in the closet for a while and my repair guy is using it right now. It's not far from me. He has been playing with it apperantly making it sound it better.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Glad to hear you guys are having good luck with Helen. How have you liked the 6CA7s George?
    If life had more tubes it would be a lot smoother.

Hoping the CV181-Z from Helen arrive tomorrow! (fingers crossed)
    2. CH: Rega P3-24, Oppo BDP 95, Rogue Ninety Nine Magnum, Rogue Stereo 90, Tyler Linbrook Sig. Monitors, Audio Art Cables, APC H15

Keep us updated. Remember they will sound like crap then good then great then like crap up to about 30 hours then they start to settle in a bit.

WHat are you putting them in ? PREAMP or AMP ?

I'm putting them in the Preamp first to see how things go and get a handle on the changes BUT, I do also have a pair for the Amp. So assuming it's a positive change in thep pre and more is better then I'll add them to the amp in a couple of weeks. More isn't ALWAYS better but we'll see.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

The new pre-amp I'm getting uses a single 6SN7, along with a pair of either 300B's or PX4's. I've been shopping for some 6SN7's lately, so far I won an "AS-IS" Brimar CV1988 as well as one of the ShuGuang Treasures on eBay. The reviews on this amp seem to point to the best 6SN7 for it being the TungSol NOS 6SN7GTY, round plate with black glass. That TungSol is a very pricey tube, so I'm wondering if anyone has ever compared it to the ShuGuang?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Quote Originally Posted by phipiper10 View Post
    I'm putting them in the Preamp first to see how things go and get a handle on the changes BUT, I do also have a pair for the Amp. So assuming it's a positive change in thep pre and more is better then I'll add them to the amp in a couple of weeks. More isn't ALWAYS better but we'll see.
    I noticed the biggest improvement in my preamp although I have them in my AMP.

Also it is a very cool running tube.

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    The new pre-amp I'm getting uses a single 6SN7, along with a pair of either 300B's or PX4's. I've been shopping for some 6SN7's lately, so far I won an "AS-IS" Brimar CV1988 as well as one of the ShuGuang Treasures on eBay. The reviews on this amp seem to point to the best 6SN7 for it being the TungSol NOS 6SN7GTY, round plate with black glass. That TungSol is a very pricey tube, so I'm wondering if anyone has ever compared it to the ShuGuang?
    I have not tried the TS in my preamp although I did try some very good NOS 6SN7. The treasures killed them.

I did have the vintage TS 6550s in my AMP and would say the KT88 treasures were on par.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

I may bid up for the TS BGRP, just to do the shoot out. If the TS doesn't destroy the competition, I'd just re-sell it. I'm really hoping this Brimar I got is in good shape. The guy had no idea what he was selling. If the tube is strong, then I got it for about 60% off. If it's dead, then I pissed away a few bucks in this hobby. It's happened before...
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Wow the box arrived and it was large for 6 tubes. Two of the "luxury" boxes were inside the shipping box very well packed. They "luxury boxes" look very nice with detailed writing etc but the buckle hardware is cheap. One pulled off when I ripped off the bubble wrap.

It all looks legit and "official" with individual glossy cards for each tube. A stamped date (either of checking or production) A stamp for the "checker" ID # and hand written emissions value on each card relating to the tubes within.

The cards include the spec values for the tube and a uniquely added sticker with what I suspect is the unique tube pair ID # or some other small batch number.

Looking good.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by george daniel View Post
    I got a quad from them--(Helen) ordered today--any ideas on shipping times.BTw,,Helen has been a pleasure to deal with.BTW beautiful amp

and look at that phono--you sir,, should be in sonic nirvana.
    Keep on rockin'.
    This thread deserves resurrecting. Just ordered a pair of CV-181 black bottle Treasures from JiaJia Audio today. 96.00 + shipping for a matched pair. Helen has helped me every step of the way. Top shelf customer service. I'd highly recommend them if you're thinking about these tubes. Can't wait to get them in my rig from all the good reports I've read about them.

http://www.jjyaudio.com/products.asp...61&menuid1=255

Thread Information