Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default RUSH Fans may want to check out....

Member Sales Rating: (6)

One of my fav. Rush cd's!! I wonder how the remastering sounds.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

If it is anything like the Snakes and Arrows DVD-A then it will be very good.
    By the way i pre-ordered mine as soon as i saw the link. hoo-raa I thought for the longets moving pictures would make a great SACD or DVD-Audio....
    Now if someone would just listen to me on the Supertramp goodies

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Oh yeah I am waiting on that one.

It is also going to be released on Blu-Ray Audio disc as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Picture...1422809&sr=1-3

This is a favorite album of mine and I will be purchasing both versions...

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Pre-ordered a copy. Thanks for the heads-up. Wish they'd release the Rush catalog in SACD format, but should be nice hearing MP in 96/24. Hopefully they did the remastering justice.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    If it is anything like the Snakes and Arrows DVD-A then it will be very good.
    By the way i pre-ordered mine as soon as i saw the link. hoo-raa I thought for the longets moving pictures would make a great SACD or DVD-Audio....
    Now if someone would just listen to me on the Supertramp goodies
    Good God, I hope it isnt like the Snakes Arrows CD, which was in the MVI format, not DVD-Audio. The mix was terrible and too airy and light for me. No real balls. However, DVD-A quality should blow the MVI away in terms of audio quality....unless they brickwall the poor thing like they did on the 97 remasters.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim

Quote Originally Posted by pmckeealaska View Post
    Good God, I hope it isnt like the Snakes Arrows CD, which was in the MVI format, not DVD-Audio. The mix was terrible and too airy and light for me. No real balls. However, DVD-A quality should blow the MVI away in terms of audio quality....unless they brickwall the poor thing like they did on the 97 remasters.
    Yeah, the MVI of S&A was horrid. Mixed by Brian Gardner, and Alex, with all due respect had a hand in the mastering of the MVI also, IIRC. I noted Lifeson also supervised the remastering of this version, so we'll see.

For this Deluxe Edition, the DVD & Blu-ray discs will feature the album and three bonus music videos, "Tom Sawyer," "Limelight" and the previously unreleased clip "Vital Signs," in both a stunning 5.1 surround sound mix supervised by the band's Alex Lifeson using the original multi-tracks and in newly remastered stereo from the original analog master tapes.

Too bad they didn't use Terry Brown & Bob Ludwig for this project, since they originally mixed/mastered the Moving Pictures album.
    Last edited by Keiko; 03-31-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

You know what is going to be better than hearing MP on SACD? Hearing it LIVE from start to finish on April 10th from the 19th row on the floor of Madison Square Garden!!! Can't wait for next Sunday. I've seen them more times than I can count, but this is going to be really special...
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Yeap for will be the 20th of april at the bell center .

The zon emailed me tonight and my copy is on it's way. I'll post some thoughts once I get a listen on.

Definately interested to hear your thoughts Mike.

Greg

5 more days and then I'm sure you'll be hearing my thoughts too, but not about the SACD
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Picked up the DVD-audio set from BB (I really hate that place) but won't be able to give a listen until after work....

I picked up the CD/BD version on my way home from work. As a big fan of Rush and this album, I will soon own the CD/DVD-A as well...

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Let us know how well done the 5.1 mix is after you guys get the chance to listen to it.

Wondering what format the 24/96 PCM is presented in? Is it possible to rip the 2496 to flac? I exclusively use a squeezebox as my source in my 2 channel system, and would love to try out the hi-rez audio, but not badly enough to go buying a player for it. If the audio is ripp-able, then I'll definitely be buying this.

I have the Mobile Fidelity version, which is about as good a version of MP as has been available up until now, but even the MFSL doesn't measure up to how I remember this album sounding on vinyl when I was a kid. Not even close. Very curious to hear how this version sounds.

Member Sales Rating: (15)

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    Wondering what format the 24/96 PCM is presented in? Is it possible to rip the 2496 to flac? I exclusively use a squeezebox as my source in my 2 channel system, and would love to try out the hi-rez audio, but not badly enough to go buying a player for it. If the audio is ripp-able, then I'll definitely be buying this.

I have the Mobile Fidelity version, which is about as good a version of MP as has been available up until now, but even the MFSL doesn't measure up to how I remember this album sounding on vinyl when I was a kid. Not even close. Very curious to hear how this version sounds.
    I'm interested in the same thing for the exact same reason... what is the file format for the 24/96 stereo PCM mix on the disc?

2-channel
    Squeezebox Duet | Benchmark DAC1 | Audio Research SP16 | Belles 350A Reference Amplifier | Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature System

Home Theater
    Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Polk Rti70 | Polk CSi40 | Polk Fxi50 | SVS PB12-Plus/2 :D

I dont know what the file format is but I bought the DVD-A version and I must say I'm a little let down by the sound quality. I have MUCH better sounding DVD-A's in my collection. Nice to have but they could have done so much better IMHO.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim

How about the blu ray disc? Has anyone heard it?

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by pmckeealaska View Post
    I dont know what the file format is but I bought the DVD-A version and I must say I'm a little let down by the sound quality. I have MUCH better sounding DVD-A's in my collection. Nice to have but they could have done so much better IMHO.
    I was afraid of this since Alex had a hand in the remastering.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    I haven't had a chance to listen to the BD yet because my Oppo is being serviced right now, but I am surprised to hear negative comments. Everyone is raving about it over at the AVS and Blu-Ray.com forums...

I'll reserve judgement until I hear actually it, but I also wouldn't put too much faith in the opinions of the AVS forum either, Rick.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear actually it, but I also wouldn't put too much faith in the opinions of the AVS forum either, Rick.
    Oh I hear ya Mike. I rarely visit the AVS forum at all, but did to see what others were saying about this release. I too am waiting to listen for myself to form my own opinion of it. I sure have high hopes though because I love that album...

If it's the mastering, we are doomed with either format. Bummer. I will still buy it and listen on both formats though with hope that it sounds nice.

Greg

Greetings from MSG, Rush fans. We are beginning the day with a friendly voice :-))))

Sorry I didn't post more during the show last night. AT&T is horrible in NYC, I'm very glad I live out in the boonies where it's a lot more sparse. I had 5 bars of 3G the entire night, but every time I tried to post after that first one failed.

What a show. They got on at about 8:20, and the show didn't end until 11:30, with a 20 minute break between sets 1 & 2.

They still have "it" I can tell you that much. They jammed HARD all night, jumping around the stage and having a blast. It's so obvious that the three of them are not just bandmates but best of friends, and they have so much fun doing their thing. I still cannot believe that Geddy can still hit those highs. No signs of any fatigue in his voice.

And staying on topic with this thread... Seeing them do Moving Pictures start to finish was just great. The first four songs have always been setlist regulars, not necessarily in order. But Camera Eye, Witch Hunt, and Vital Signs are tunes I'd never seen live before, and they did them really, really well. I quite enjoyed Camera Eye, because the accompanying video was all great camera work around New York and London. Seeing a very well produced video with tons of NYC footage in MSG was great, the place went nuts.

A great mix of oldies and new stuff. They did a few songs off the forthcoming album that sound really hot, plus a lot of good stuff for us old farts to appreciate. Spirit of Radio, Working Man, Closer to the Heart, 2112 parts 1&2, Freewill, Subdivisions, and of course the entire Moving Pictures.

I shot some video on my iphone. I'll try to get some stuff up on YouTube tonight and share. If you like Moving Pictures (what Rush fan doesn't...) then this is definitely the tour to catch them on. So if they're coming your way, I highly recommend getting tickets.

Well, I got mine today and it's spinning as I type this. On YYZ right now and I like what I'm hearing so far. Picking up all kind of nuances I've never heard before. It's a tad hot, but I think the sound quality is pretty decent. Geddy's vocals are very forward and I think Neil's drums are a little too recessed, but the overall soundstage is good. I'm listening to the 5.1 mix now, once I spend some more time with it and get a listen in on 2ch, I'll report back. It's definitely different!

Well, I got mine today and it's spinning as I type this. On YYZ right now and I like what I'm hearing so far. Picking up all kind of nuances I've never heard before. It's a tad hot, but I think the sound quality is pretty decent. Geddy's vocals are very forward and I think Neil's drums are a little too recessed, but the overall soundstage is good. I'm listening to the 5.1 mix now, once I spend some more time with it and get a listen in on 2ch, I'll report back. It's definitely different!
    Thanks for sharing your early impressions Mike! I can't wait to get my Oppo back so I can check it out for myself... :tongue:

Just finished watching the music vids and went thru the photo gallery. Meh, it's OK, but nothing too special. I have all but Vital Signs on the Chronicles DVD. I'm going to concur with pmckeealaska on this. It's OK, but I think it could have been better. Sounds different because I'm sure it was EQd to be that way. If they would've did this strictly in 2ch SACD, I think we might of had something a bit more special.

After I digest this, I'll listen to it again in 2ch and give the remastered CD a spin & compare it with my MFSL CD. I believe the Mobile Fidelity or vinyl is going to be the best version for this album. pmc claims the SHM-CDs are good as well. I only have Hold Your Fire in this format and I'm compelled to agree with him here as well.

More later....

Very curious how this compares to the mfsl.

Thread Information