Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default will it work properly

I have a custom enclosure that is .57 cubic ft and 7 inches in depth and wanted to know will the polk momo 10 sub work properly in this enclosure if so at what wattage does it need

which momo 10"?
    -Cody

i believe both the "big" and "little" momo 10's require a 0.66 cubic foot box... so 0.57 is a little small but it oughta work fine if you shove about a half a pound of poly fill in there or maybe a hair more... the depth wont be a problem.

the big momo 10 calls for 400 --- 500 would be nice
    the little momo 10 calls for 300 --- as i've yet to play with it, you should prolly just go with spec, 300 or a shade above.

both are 4 ohm subs.
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag

i'd like to put the big 10 momo in there

so you have the mm104...or getting it or whatever
    the box is a little small
    but it will work with a 1/2-3/4 lb of poly fil stuffed in the box...you can get it at your local walmart...hobby lobby...its a stuffing for like pillows and stuff...someone got bored one day and put it in a sub box and found out it helped out
    it makes the sub think the box is bigger
    that sub with a 500watt amp should sound very nice
    -Cody

Make sure that box is a 3/4 inch MDF or better also with a big momo.
    "The Big C"

is 5/8 mdf good enough

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Um, 5/8ths is smaller than 3/4" and will most likely not have enough strutural strength to hold together the box shape let alone support a heavy MOMO sub. It has been a long time since I bothered with MDF so I don't remember what size I used. I prefer to think of it as "The Dark Ages" and use the excuse that there was a lack of documentation to support historical evidence.

However, if you get yourself a higher grade material like cabinet/furniture grade plywood or, if you really want to break your bank, solid wood, there will be plenty of strength in a 3/4 inch thickness. Cabinet grade plywood is also know as veneer plywood and is used for finishing purposes. Its usually the highest grade plywood that you can buy at Home Depot or some place similar. Anything less is construction grade and used for flooring, sheathing, roofing and what not. Its full of voids and knots and totally not good for constructing anything that you want to look nice and far from what should be used for a speaker box.

Thread Information