I had a day to kill and needed a mental vacation so I decided to install the backing rings on my 15TL project speakers. I am using them as learning so before I tackle my SDA 2.3s.
I needed a drill, a hacksaw, a file, a clamp, and a vacuum cleaner. The first one took close to 4 hours as I learned how the templates worked and technique to stay clean. I also had some wiring to address on this one as well. I completed the second one in under 2 hours.
My learning is this. Take all the drivers, filler, wiring, etc out and just plan to put them back togother. Some of the bracing required cutting on the 6". My original passive only had 4 screws and I did not install the "6 o'clock" screw on the front passive due to interference with the base.
Also, I need to get longer screws for the back passive as there is no grove to inset the basket and the supplied screws are just too short. No big deal.
Not much time to test them as the toy owners were on the way home, but it was a fun project.
I will follow this post with some pix of the stock XO as I had to run new wires from the binding posts to replace some alligator clip runs.