Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe08867 View Post
    If you really read my post you will see I don't hold ill will toward anyone. Haven't you ever had someone that drove you nuts but you still hung out with? It's kind of the same thing. It's a love hate relationship.

jcandy, I accept your apology and hope you can accept mine. I think if all of us used a little maturity in our posts or at least thought before we typed we would get even more out of this forum.
    This is cool. Hopefully more will follow along.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by jcandy View Post
    With regard to Shane being my sole supporter, I should point out that I've received support PRIVATELY, but much less often publicly, I suspect because people here fear getting flamed just for associating with me, which is a pretty clear statement of how slanted the playing field is. You have some real bullies here and somewhat more focus on them is appropriate IMO.
    I support people who try to explain issues with units and common sense and experiemnts. jcandy does this.

Loved the soda can on the speaker experiment.

I have less interest in posting and reading many of the threads on this site because of the name calling and lack of science.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by bikezappa View Post
    I support people who try to explain issues with units and common sense and experiemnts. jcandy does this.

Loved the soda can on the speaker experiment.

I have less interest in posting and reading many of the threads on this site because of the name calling and lack of science.
    But you don't mind digging up two month old threads I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe08867 View Post
    But you don't mind digging up two month old threads I guess?
    Just trying to give an example of humor and science.

What rule did I violate?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by bikezappa View Post
    Just trying to give an example of humor and science.
    I'm sure you didn't even notice you were quoting one of the more contraversial members here.

Looks like trolling to me, since no good could possibly come from resurrecting this thead.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

I going to faint. I have been called a Troll again.

E=IR, Take that.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Just said it "looks" like trolling, anyway horse***beat***dead

Have fun

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Lot's of topics, and I will not list any, get beat to death hear.

I'll go under my rock now.

Thumbs down

When I first posted here I got a few really good answers from a couple of people who seemed anxious to help and I said this was the friendliest forum I'd been on. I was wrong. There are people here with a wealth of knowledge but a few of them are asses.
    I still come here sometimes but my visits are becoming fewer and fewer and I'd guess there are several more like me.
    CP has become more and more like General Discussion over on the AR15 forum.
    This entire thread with few exceptions is BS and I'm disappointed that the owners allow cat fights like this to continue.

Like a third grade playground during recess.http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.

i just finished reading this thread about, what's the topic again? oh, yes - recapping monitor 5 & 7A. i assume these are polk speakers that need some 'help' or improvement due to age or other, correct?

didn't find much of this in the thread. just bought a pair of polk 7C speakers the first of the month for $60 in perfect condition, for all practical purposes. since they are 'old' and the crossover caps are likely out of spec, i am looking for opinions on successful upgrades to the monitor 7 speakers. didn't really find any of this in the thread.

what i found is bickering and worse. this is shameful!

i'm not the kind of chap that is silly enough to purchase speaker cables that look like jumper cables and then make these a 'talking point' to friends that drop by for a listen. there is way too much 'hype' and mysticism (smoke) in the audio world. been this way for a long time. hype sells. can't stand smoke. love good sound.

now to introduce something 'random' into mix here, has anyone tried removing the passive crossovers from the circuit and accomplishing the same with an active crossover and bi-amplification and use this as a 'baseline' for passive crossover modification?

just a thought.

I find it quite odd that you would dig up a year and a half old thread, be critical of the content it contains, and then try to change the subject to active crossovers that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Just a suggestion... Why don't you start your own thread about the topic you want to discuss and let others comment on it? I think you would be much more likely to get the information you are looking for that way.
    SDA 2BTL Sonicaps Mills resistors RDO-198s New gaskets H-nuts Erse inductors Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Adcom GTP-450 preamp
    Adcom GFA-555 amp Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ Hidden away in the closet

from your attitude, it is clear that nothing has changed in 18 months, isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by jestwaitn View Post
    from your attitude, it is clear that nothing has changed in 18 months, isn't it!
    You're welcome. I was happy to be of assistance. Please read my signature line.
    SDA 2BTL Sonicaps Mills resistors RDO-198s New gaskets H-nuts Erse inductors Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Adcom GTP-450 preamp
    Adcom GFA-555 amp Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ Hidden away in the closet

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by jestwaitn View Post
    It's also clear that trolls come and go..
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Thread Information