So I got approval from the wife to purchase a pair of used LSi 15's. I am planning on pairing them with a CSi5 which I need to order parts for.
I am writing this in advance of getting them so I can mod them on the day of pickup. I will be ordering the parts in advance of purchasing the speakers so I can do this quick. I am in no way shape or form going to touch the crossovers for these currently. I might take this on at a much much later date, but I am trying to keep things simple for this beginner.
Here is what I am thinking about doing after a bunch of research and reading on this forum:
- Replace the 8" woofers with DB840's
- Wrap the PowerPort tube with Dynamat Extreme
Now here come a couple questions I have for you guys on these.
- I know some of you put dynamat on your passive drivers (mostly in the SDA and RTA lines). I was wondering if this was needed/recommended for the LSi's? Do I only need to do this if I keep the stock woofer, but not if I replace them with DB840's?
- I also wondered if I should apply dynamat to the 6 1/2's as well.
- Is there a need for more polyfill in these? I know sometimes it is a bit sparse
- Do any of these apply to a CSi5 center such as adding dynamat on the woofers, adding more polyfil, ect.....
- Anything else I should give a try that a beginner would have no trouble doing?.