Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default can I mix and match

Hi guys, Before I get into my specific question ,I have noticed that w/ H/T set ups the mix of speakers by brand is like going to a variety show if you know what I mean. For my problem I have a set of Klipsch H/T 500 W/a 8in pwrd sub. I was so impressed w/ the sound and clarity that I went w/ these over some other brands, besides my wallet dictated some moves.Now after having the speakers forover a year 1 clipped and was replaced free w/ no hassle from Klipsch at all. What I did ask the techs there, was if I could change up a center or rears if I so pleased. Their answer was no because it's a set and as so peramiters are set and they do match, to bring in another speaker would throw off the sound they were going for. I saw a nice looking Polk center a CS200 I think ,but bsaically what I'm asking you guys, are
    the techs right at Klpisch or are they just want to have propriatory rights here. My system doesn't suffer at all but like most of you I do get that it's time to change things up a bit. So with out reconfiguring the system is it possible to add a different brand or even a higher quality Klipsch into the mix...
    Thanks.....LW

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I don't like mixing brands myself. Usually the voicing of the speakers is to different for me. I also don't like mixing to much within brands. I wouldn't use new monitor40's with old monitor7's speakers, or LaScala's with your newer Klipsch HT system. Unless the company says they are timbre matched.

While the CS200 is a nice center I don't think that would be my route to change things up. I would probably start with the sub if I were changing things speaker wise.

I think that would give you much more bang for your buck....
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

No Mixing brands and lines of different speakers never really works out for you. As said above , the voicing will be different and now you have a distraction when watching or listening.

When creating a theater system , you want all the speakers to be the same or at least voiced the same to work together. All channels have a job to do but sound does move from channel to channel so when sound moves of the same sound you want it to sound the same. This is why most speaker companies have complete packages that work seamlessly together.
    If you like Klipsch and want to upgrade , then move up the chain in their lines and replace channels as you can afford. Klipsch can work out of series and still retain some of the voicing. Mixing Polk and Klipsch will sound totally different.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Well said Mantis
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thanks for the advice, like I said I have no problems w/ the H/T set. The Klipsch techs were right after all. I did have to wonder whether or not they just wanted to keep me w/ their product. Seems not the case, good showing for Klipsch......LW

Thread Information