Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bedroom Setup

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Bedroom Setup

Well, I tried to put this in my System Showcase but couldn't figure out to transfer the link from photobucket into the correct page and the file size was too large to copy straight from my documents.

If you have a comment whether positive or negative, go ahead and leave it.

So, without further adieu, my bedroom set up............

The shelving for the center and 40's are home made, as well as the component stand and the Disc rack, oh yeah, so is the head board.

My wife's biggest complaint is that we don't have enough "L" brackets in our room.

The 30's were hanging at a 45% angle perpendicular to the wall, I just swung them around to facing outward today and seem to like the effect.

The picture on the Plasma doesn't look good at all on camera but looks really good when the lights are out.

I have my two blu ray players on a shelf on top of the left 70, an LG370 and 390, when the 390 won't load a disc, the 370 will

The right 70 sits atop my old Onkyo sub, inactive, just a speaker stand for the moment with an additional speaker lift to bring both of the 70's to equal height, the Empire does quite the job all on it's own.

The location of our humble theater isn't conducive for entertaining guests, but on family night, my wife and I get to hunker down with our three girls, 14, 12, and 3 and enjoy as much popcorn as we can handle.

Thank you so much for viewing.
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

What? No comments on my superb BR setup? I know it's lacking in many areas; hidden cords, lack of professional racks and shelves and whatnots.

I figured I'd at least yield a "your set up looks like crap" or two.

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

I like it. It does not look like crap. It looks like someone creative enough to use what he has to its best advantage.
    Emotiva XPA5, Sony ES 5300, Lsi 15,s LSIC, Monitor 70,s, ( side surrounds) FXI 3,s, (rear surrounds)Micropro4000, Velodyne DEQ 10, Sony 46 inch XBR 5, Sony BDP 770 Bedroom rig SonyES 3200 RTIA1,s CSIA4 FXI3,s polk PSW 10 SONY 34inch XBR960SONY BDP550

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I'm glad it works for you, but it would all scare the $hit out of me. I say that because we have animals here and something bad would definitely happen!

Front - Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center - Polk Audio CS2
    Rear - Polk Audio TSi 100
    Sub - Klipsch rw-10d
    AVR - Onkyo ht-rc180
    Main Amp- Parasound HCA-2003
    Surround Amp- Sonance Sonamp 260
    Tuner- Parasound tdq-1600
    Turntable- Pro-ject Debut III USB w/upgraded platter
    IPod dock - Pure i20
    TV - Panasonic Viera tc-p46g10
    Sony Playstation 3(250GB)
    Nintendo Wii
    Power Conditioner- Panamax 5100

Not in use-
    Polk Audio Monitor 60
    Polk Audio PSW10
    Parasound p/sp-1000

Impressive equipment and layout. However, I assume that either you are not married or you have a very special wife or this is the bedroom where you sleep when the wife kicks you out.

I'm just envious cause my wife is bugging me to get rid of the RTA11TL's again which are neatly tucked in the corners of our large family room.
    Stan
    Last edited by skrol; 04-25-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade)
    Parasound: C/PT-600, HCA-800II; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i

HT:
    Denon AVR-888, Polk: RM7, PSW10, Marantz UD5005, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, DRA-825R, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S8, Monitor 5A, TSi100; Pioneer CT-6R, PL-530; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz PM5004, CD5004

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo0530 View Post
    I'm glad it works for you, but it would all scare the $hit out of me. I say that because we have animals here and something bad would definitely happen!
    HAHAHA, I was thinking the samething..Hopefully you do not have a earthquake ...But..looks good bro,do what you can do with what you have @ your disposal ,im sure it the sound rocks..
    Samsung PN50B550 Plasma
    Pioneer Elite SC-25
    Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD
    Adcom 7500 Amp-Panamax 4300 Conditioner
    Polk RTi10's Fronts
    Polk Csi A6 Center-Polk M60s rear Surrounds
    Klipsch Synergy Sub-10 X2
    Klipsch Synergy S-10 Premium back surround

Quote Originally Posted by slk55amg View Post
    I like it. It does not look like crap. It looks like someone creative enough to use what he has to its best advantage.
    Thanks bro, I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo0530 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmiller View Post
    HAHAHA, I was thinking the samething..Hopefully you do not have a earthquake ...But..looks good bro,do what you can do with what you have @ your disposal ,im sure it the sound rocks..

LOL, my wife's lab doesn't come in the room, no worries there and up here in the great N.W. we really don't get that many earthquakes to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by skrol View Post
    Impressive equipment and layout. However, I assume that either you are not married or you have a very special wife or this is the bedroom where you sleep when the wife kicks you out.
    Augg gug gug gug gug, my wife can't wait til we get a designated HT room but loves watching movies on the weekend with the exception of Tron, that one was just the kids and me.

This is the result from getting into this rabbit hole rig Feb 2010 and started with an Onkyo 7.1 speaker system, the 807, the LG370 and an LG42LCD, the rest has been added since then, heck, it was my wife that got me the 807 just 'cause and she got me one my 70's at Christmas.

She loves trying to guess which dudes here aren't married by their setups.

Home Theater-7.2

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Member Sales Rating: (10)

That is nuts lol. I can't go a day without being nagged about the speakers being too far out into the room hah.
    Living Room Rig:D
    Rotel RSP-1069/Rotel RMB-1095/Rotel-1072/Polk lsI15's W/modded xoverW/DBsubs/Polk LsiC/lsI7's/Klipsch sub-12"the weak link"/DLP Mitsubishi 65"
    Xbox360/PS3/WII
    M.Br. setup:)
    Emotiva MMC-1/Rotel RMB-1075/Polk BlackStone TL350's/Velodyne SPL1000/Samsung 51" Plasma
    Computer Rig:
    Rotel RB1050/Tannoy DC4's/Klipsch RW-10d/ImodIpod/HK AVR230 for now....
    Headphones-Ultrasone-HFI780's w/LittleDot MK Vamp Portables Panasonic HJE-900's

Thumbs up Man cave of an alpha-specimen

I like it and I bet it rocks. You made a smart choice in wire management. Access to the wiring in my rig is a back breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Music Joe View Post
    I like it and I bet it rocks. You made a smart choice in wire management. Access to the wiring in my rig is a back breaker.
    Thanks very much! Right now, I have every thing pulled down except for the flat panel.

Thanks to the comment SLK55AMG made, it got me thinking that I could do better than this (it only takes money right?). I shopped around at Lowes and behold, I found an acceptable rack for my goods. I'm painting it from grey to gloss black as we speak (type?).

By sometime tomorrow, I'll have it in the corner to rack my equipment and it should tidy up the look a bit.

I'm moving the 40's to the surround location and the 30's to the height position. I pulled wall anchors and mudded and did touch up paint.

I'll have pictures by late tomorrow or Sunday for a comparison.

See y'all then.

Home Theater-7.2

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Thread Information