Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Default Christian Scott , damn!!!!

Ok as some of you might have bored yourselves with my recent thread
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119420
    where I go on and on about my suttle improvements I just made in my system waiting on my crossovers had me head in. With this experience I rediscovered some music I had and liked for Demo's but really never dug into these 2 songs. The Artist is Christian Scott and the 2 songs are "She" and rewind that".
    I have played these songs for customers , ran these tracks many times in the store , had them on hand for a few years now and thought "well recorded nice easy yet punchy demo music". The last few days after my system tweaking( not the crossovers yet they are still in the box) I have listened to them with great interest. I'm finding this artist to slowly if not rappidly becoming a personal favorite. I'm excited to hear the rest of his CD as I got to run out tomorrow and get it. I was going to download it from itunes but I find myself liking my Apple Tv for a music server for "Serious Listening" less and less desirable.
    This kinda sucks as I have been extremely happy with it but I ruined all that when I really compared it for the 100th time to the Cambridge. It's a huge problem when I hear clarity and dynamic range become more alive when using the Cambridge over the Lossless Apple. I'm very sad by this as I actually just about want to remove it from my system. If I didn't use it as well as the rest of the family for the house (we have speakers everywhere) It would have been removed.
    As much as I want to replace the CD disc , at least with my Apple TV , it can't compete. Many of my CD's are not of the highest recording quality and when I want to sit and listen to a bunch of 80's music , nothing on this planet beats my Apple Tv but when I want to hear the last detail , it's not something I plan on using anymore. I have tried WAV and Lossless and as much as I think it's the same , you pop in a disc like this one and come to realize that connivence was shadowing reality.
    Maybe I have my system setup the best it's been , Dialed into perfection and it's showing off flaws in the rest of the chain, whats going to happen when I do the crossover upgrades ? Will it get worse? Or will I dig out all the CD's I enjoy to listen to and have to get off my ass and change the Disc again?
    Or do I search out a better server that sounds better? Time will only tell.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

I am Simply Blown away.Fresh and Intensely melodic , and intrinsically rhythmic. The phrasing in his arrangements is both poetic and atmospheric , modern and traditional in it's expression.
    Dan

Member Sales Rating: (0)

OK downloading some Christian Scott now.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Ok Listening to some Christian Scott now.

Well recorded sounds nice. Liking it. Will listen more.

Thanks for the heads up!

Where did you download from? I shy away from Itunes for my high quality stuff. I prefer a CD.
    I'm running a Apple TV and with my recent compare from CD to the Apple Tv in WAV and Lossless , I prefer the clarity and punch from the CD.
    I'm also planning on buying a Sonos ZP90 and giving that some streaming duties and going past Itunes and looking for some higher quality files.

I'm going shopping today and plan on picking up any of his CD's I can find. I'm hoping to pick up "Anthem" or his new one "Ninety Miles".
    Dan

Thread Information