I'm looking to purchase speakers for my brand new already wired dedicated theater room. The room is soundproofed with Quietrock. My budget is approx. $1000-$1200. I am a real newbie to home theaters and speakers. Could you recommend some speakers?
Here some details of my room:
1. Speakers (5 wall mounted ONLY speakers: Front R/L and center, Back L/R, and Subwoofer (if needed)) budget: approx. $1000-$1200.
2. Room dimensions: 18.5 x 14
3. Room location: basement
4. Equipment: Epson 8350 Projector, Fixed Screen, Yamaha 867 Receiver
5. 2 rows of seats. Front row ~12 ft away from screen. Back row ~16 ft away from screen on 8 inch platform.
6. Ceiling Height: 8.5 ft in most of the room but there is a bulkhead above the back row seats. Height above back room seats is 7.75 ft.
7. Seating in the room will have approx. 4 people/row and 2 rows so maximum number of people in the room will be 8.
8. Dedicated projection home theather room. No windows.
9. See picture for projector mounting location, screen location, seating, media closet, speakers, and entry door (not to scale)