I've been looking for a used amp to mate with my SDA 2B's....I only understand some of what has been done to this amp...are the below mods considered an upgrade to the stck amp?:
List of Modifications:
* WBT NextGen copper binding posts, RCA inputs
* MJL21193 & MJL21194 output devices--they are MATCHED!
* Gen 1 Sonicaps used throughout
* Voltage amplification stage FULLY REGULATED
* MUR series Ultra fast diodes replaced original bridge rectifiers
* Sand-filled resistors replaced with metal film resistors
* DC servo circuit upgraded
* cryogenically treated 6-9's copper wire used within
List of Disabled Features:
* level controls removed (sounds better without them)
* bridge mode disabled
* loop output jacks removed
I have no intention of bridging or using the loop outputs on the stock amp so these are of no concern to me. The concern I have with older amps is possibly needing to do some work due to old caps, etc. and I'm not able to perform that work...seems this one would possibly be the way to go?