Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: LSiM 707 Review

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by NutsAndBolts View Post
    How about the 705s? I will probably get 703s, if not for fronts, for the surround speakers. I do like the looks of towers for the fronts as opposed to bookshelf on a stand. 707 looks great, I must admit that is an important factor. I see other brands, apparently better speakers than LSIMs, but I cannot warm up to their looks.
    The 705's are great... as are the 707's and 703's.

I agree that towers look better for fronts. Especially the LSiM's. They are damn sexy. The 707's are a very DEEP speaker, so make sure you have room. The 705's are a much more manageable size. Like I said, in terms of pure performance, I like the 707's, followed by 705's, followed by 703's.... but all you're really talking about is differences in bass.

The best setup would be towers PLUS dual subs... but if you don't want to spend the money for towers AND dual subs, then the 703's plus the dual subs will blow the towers on their own away! ESPECIALLY in a home theater setup!

You can get some nice looking stands. They grew on me big time.
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Very nice review..
    About the quality of finish that is horrible for speakers costing $4k, completely unacceptable I hope they were returned for that reason.?
    Are those made in China or the USA?
    I know some companies make their cheaper speakers in China and the higher priced models in their home country.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

^Troll^
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Oh Really and your comment about drinking the kool-Aid in the other thread was what??
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    ^Troll^

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    Oh Really and your comment about drinking the kool-Aid in the other thread was what??
    Not directed at you but at someone he has a friendly report with...
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Quote Originally Posted by NutsAndBolts View Post
    I had not thought of doing this in my own HT room. Good idea. I will look into it. May be I will convince my buddy to part with his amps for a day or so. If not I can buy an amp. But first I need to listen to the 707s and decide what front speakers I want.
    A sure way to catch upgraditis. I loved my old Denon until a buddy brought over the latest top of the line yammy. The speakers just opened up in a way I hadn't experienced with my Denon. Two grand later I'm enjoying my speakers all over again with a B&K.
    Fronts - LS-90
    Center - CS-400i
    Sides - FX-1000
    Rears - AB755 (2)
    Sub - SVS 25-31 PC-Plus
    Amp - B&K AVR317

First let me say,...great responses and awesome review by Jim.

I am no expert vs all you guys on this thread. You all had some great points in which i have learned a ton. However, I do know what my ears like and appreciate so I just wanted to chirp in with a quick comment or two now that I have had time listening to these great speakers.

My equipment;
    NAD M25
    Marantz AV7005
    Oppo 95
    Signal Cable

1. The first thing that hit me front and center with the 707s is the amount of bass they can emit. wow...even on an old Pioneer SX-780 I could hear the bass wanting to bust out. Once I got my basement in order and got the break in time on the NAD M25, i was even further impressed with the bass. it was very balanced and impressive at low volume (Sting, Police, Zep etc) yet when I go to reference levels they want to breathe...like thoroughbreds!. I notice control and brawn...balanced well...just right for my ears. I have seen some people give it a lil knock for to much bass. I don't hear it. I cant say enough positive things about the bass output on these. I use them for my two channel listening and love them.

2. Mids and highs are brilliant...no need to say more.

3. I also got what I wanted...a neutral sounding system with great eye candy for when I show them off. :>)) BOOM!

I listen to music from A-Z...so I have been getting a good curve of different sounds, styles and vol output.

Thanks for all the posts above..one of the better threads i have followed. Learned a lot too.

and..right now I have a perfectly poured Guinness at my bar and cranking Steely Dan Aja - Aja...sounds magnificent!
    Have a great Holiday weekend in sonic heaven!

Thanks Jim!!
    HOME THEATER 5.1
    JVC DLARS56U
    92" SI Black Diamond 1.4 16:9
    NAD M25 MC Power Amp
    Marantz AV7005 Pre Amp
    Oppo 95
    LSiM 705 Fronts
    LSiM 706c
    LSiM 703 Rears
    SVS PB13 Ultra sub

ZONE 2
    LSIM 707 (Bar Area)(2 Channel Sessions)

OUTDOOR DECK
    NAD C 375BEE DAQ
    PSB CS 1000 Speakers
    Sonos

Signal Cable - Ultra Single (Banana), Magic Power Cord, Dig Power, Vid Power.
    RTi T3-V+, SONOS, Furman Power Conditioner

Well I have had my 707s and 705 for over a month now. I am happy with my SC-37 driving these and now RTiA7s as my surround speakers. But I know all about upgraditis, that is how I ended up with LSIMs :)

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
    A sure way to catch upgraditis. I loved my old Denon until a buddy brought over the latest top of the line yammy. The speakers just opened up in a way I hadn't experienced with my Denon. Two grand later I'm enjoying my speakers all over again with a B&K.

I bought a set of Yamaha,Yamaha A S1000 amplifier,a CD S2000 and a pair of Soavo1 speaker with Monster bi-wire ,I feel that I want more low noise from speakers,I found that LSim707 is rather cheap and I bought the pair from a chop in Bangkok, sell man didn't want me to buy this piar of speaker since because they are not direct dealer.

They try to offer me many pairs of different brands of speaker but I confirm LSim 707,they said I was the first guy who buy LSim,I purchase the speaker without testing,I felt like I am betting for this kind of speakers.

I was right,the voice is good but I feel that there is something missing then I went out for a new amplifier,I have got McIntosh Ma7000,then Icame back home and began to wire my new amp to LSim, I found that the wire connecting was wrong in a pole in my former system (LSim,Yamaha S1000).

I did bi-wire for Mc and LSim but sound quality is not good,the I go back to single wire at 8 ohms,everything is good.

With this price of LSim,I think it is very cheap when compare with their performance. I think no other speakers can matches LSim in this coming 2 or 3 years.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Enjoy your LSIm707s, and welcome to Club Polk!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Thread Information