Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Added a Sonos...

....and must say,I'm impressed,and it takes alot to impress me. Set up couldn't be any easier. In a day of computer challenged folks, Sonos has made it so easy that a 4th grader or a senior citizen could set it up. Their software is outstanding and what makes it even better, it works effortlessly. With access to internet radio from around the world, it is blowing my mind with the search features it contains.
    I picked up a ZP90, Zonebridge, S5, and a controller. When they say it's pretty much plug and play,they aren't kidding. Probably will get the IPOD thingy too for a hundred bucks, it keeps the signal digital at least and doesn't do any cheapo d/a conversion.

So how does it sound ? Better than I expected. For right now, I have my music in Itunes, lossless. The ZP90 connected by digital coaxle to my pioneer receiver. In the future I'll probably convert everything to flac and of coarse a dac would help but one thing at a time or the wife will shoot me. That Burson is calling my name in my sleep. My goal was to get as close to cd quality sound with what I have to work with. I think I did that so far but I know with a few small tweeks I can make it better. Radio sounds awesome, and with the S5 I can just unplug it and bring it out on the deck for gatherings. The versatility of this thing is just sick. Have all your guest bring their IPOD,Iphone, plug into the sonos dock and control from the controller or turn your own Iphone into a controller by the free app, anywhere,your not teathered by wires.
    Thanks to Phil, for pushing me over the edge, sometimes I'm guilty of being a fence sitter too long. Thanks pal.
    Sonos does what it says it will do, with no complicated setup. I'm pretty frickin' pleased with this thing. Go get one.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Good deal Tony--I'm possibly interested in this unit myself, so I appreciate the info.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

If you have an android smart phone or itouch/phone/pad, you might want to check out the controller app they have first before spending money on the sonos controller..
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

Member Sales Rating: (0)

We are dealers and customers love them...I am a Sonos fan
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by coolsax View Post
    If you have an android smart phone or itouch/phone/pad, you might want to check out the controller app they have first before spending money on the sonos controller..
    Very true, but since I didn't have one,I figured what the heck and went for the controller. Plus it gives guests something to play with other than your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    ....and must say,I'm impressed,and it takes alot to impress me. Set up couldn't be any easier....
    I'm a satisfied squeezebox user myself, but sometimes pine for the touted ease of setup and use of the Sonos system. In any case, multi-room access to your entire library is a fantastic thing. Congrats on the purchase and I hope you enjoy it.

George

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by gdpeck View Post
    I'm a satisfied squeezebox user myself, but sometimes pine for the touted ease of setup and use of the Sonos system. In any case, multi-room access to your entire library is a fantastic thing. Congrats on the purchase and I hope you enjoy it.

George
    When I first bought a Squeezebox product, setup was a bit flaky. Lately, when adding new zones/receivers, it's been a breeze. Haven't had a single hiccup in perhaps 2 years?

Anyhow, welcome to the wireless streaming world tony! Sure is convenient, huh? I could never go back.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

Member Sales Rating: (2)

duplicate post.

the convenience factor is out of this world. No more wrong cd's in the wrong case, no more getting up to change a cd after you listen to the 2 songs you like on it. I can work on improving the sound quality, but I have a foundation now of what to build on which is half the battle. The addition of world wide radio is just plain cool. Go from getting down in Jamaica, to Italian, or the lasted funky stuff from down under. This will change the way you enjoy your music.

And yes there is a mod

http://www.cullencircuits.com/webapp...5/78076/316658

but I am planning on running my 90 through a tube DAC more than likely going to try this first

Vlad is here locally

http://www.audiomirror.com/dac.html
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Congrats Tony!!!! I told you you'd love it. Now get those CD's ripped to FLAC on dBpower amp & J. Rivers Media & you'll be all set. The whole system is freaking awesome isn't it!!!! All of my friends & family members can't get over the whole concept but they love it...in fact my in laws are picking up a system very soon. Again congrats & enjoy.

My son has an itouch & he has the download but the controller is much nicer & is specific to the whole system. Works much quicker & simpler. Hell I went & bought another controller for my wife to use upstairs & she simply loves it.

Check out the newest music server called MOG...it's pretty neat, I'll bet you like it.

I compared Napster with Rhapsody & I liked Rhapsody the best. However the MOG is broadcast in 320 kbps & sounds awesome!!!! Took you long enough but it was well worth the wait!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Thanks Phil, I deserve that shot anyway. You brought up another good thing, the waf is just off the charts. The first day I had it, the wife played with that controler for 6 hours with a smile on her face. She just dug how much music at her finger tips was available from around the world. She sat in the dark out on the deck with the S5, a bottle of wine,and a firepot burning and wouldn't come inside.
    Still looking into dacs and the one you have Phil with the upgraded Burson opamps is high on the list. Wish Burson just made a dac, they have the new 160h I think that is a class A pre amp,dac, headphone amp. The peachtree Idac was up there too until I heard about the quality control issues. WS4 dacs look nice too but I don't think I'll use all that it has to offer so that may be overkill. I keep comming back to the Burson, thought doing alittle research on the Bryston right now that seems to be getting some good vibs.

Thread Information