Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: US Open

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default US Open

Well I thoroughly enjoyed watching Rory McIlroy win this tournament. This young man is very good and I am really glad that he proved all those people that he can win. I was actually getting tired of listening to people say that the course was easy and soft. Hey, it was the same for everyone. Congrats Rory on the win and hope you have many more.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Agreed, the kid has talent. Nice to see someone grab the spotlight other than Woods for a change.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

He's definately a breath of fresh air. I like Jason Day as well. Those two appear to be the future.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    Robert Grodinsky RGR Model 5
    Emotiva XDA-1
    A/D/S L710

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Woods hasn't played well in over a year and a half now, somebody needs to step up.

I hope Rory can be the guy and has the mental fortitude to deal with the competition and everything off the course that comes with being a superstar (assuming his play continues to put him in that category).

I've always been a fan of Woods, not because of Tiger himself (because I don't know him) but because of his play. I'm one of those guys who want to see 'great people' do great things (great people in the sense that they're clearly on another level, not that they're actually a good person), and unless there's something about them individually that really turns me off I'm typically inclined to root for anybody in that position.

I don't wanna watch something like golf when everybody is just as good as everyone else, I wanna see someone or ones step forward and dominate, and hopefully Rory will be that guy.

The performance put on by Rory this weekend sorta was amazing, that thing was never in contention. It felt like watching Woods at Pebble a decade ago. The only reason it didn't have quite the same feel for me is that the course here was easier and more so that we've 'seen it before' with Tiger whereas Tiger was really the first my generation had seen of something like that in golf.

I will still root for Woods because I think there's still potential there, and I'd love for Rory to be right there with him, we need some great continuing 1 on 1 battles and it'd be fun to see them go at it on a regular basis. Phil was supposed to be 'that guy' but just caved every time he had the opportunity to step up.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Thread Information