Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Default Home FM transmitter

I ran across an old stereo FM transmitter the other day which I put a decent size antenna on and hooked up to my stereo. This is pretty cool. As I'm working around the outside of the house, in the basement or garage I tune my boom box to the correct station and listen to whatever is playing on my system. I was surprised at its range, its everywhere on my property. I like it!
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    I like it!
    Until the FCC knocks on the door. Seen any grey vans with funky looking antennae on top driving around the neighborhood? Maybe they like your music too.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I run wireless headphones all the time from my main system, and they cover the whole house and garden area....lots better than a boom-box.

Sennheiser makes an excellent line of wireless headphones that use "Kleer" digital technology which sounds like wired headphones.

In fact used in conjunction with a squeezebox system you can control what you listen to as well, with an RF remote or SmartPhone.

With all the wireless devices in the average home I hardly think one will get any knocks from the FCC.
    SDA SRS 1.2
    Adcom GFA-5802
    Adcom GFP-750
    Sony DVP-NS999ES

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Another thing the internet has sent to the wayside ........ pirate radio stations. We used to have a couple in central IA that were run by students at Drake University and Iowa State. You had to know what personal ad to read in the paper and how to decode it to know when they were broadcasting and on what frequency. It was fun. And since it was fun it's naturally all sorts of wrong.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

I figure the neighbors can tune in on concert night.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Just to ad to this a little bit ,my Yamaha rx-v665 does everything pretty well1.loudness when needed ok but their vol. scale is rediculous.2.for movies and t.v.it works great and w/ my Klipspsh's they do sound great.3.zone 2 used many times and also sounded great until I went to a full 2-ch rig. now for the really bad ,it does get hot and maybe to hot or my liking and on occassion has clipped.5. by far the most enoying thing about the avr is the radio recption or lack of it. I live within the limits of most all NY. stations so I would assume or expect some much better listening pleasure. Yes I 've heard of all kinds of antennas but this string antenna that comes w/ this is a freaking joke.On the rear of thr RX-V665 is a threaded female f-connector type post to where you take their super duper piece of crap string push it on and then hope something comes in. For the most part it's not all bad I'm shure most of you dudes who can't have a pole t type antenna then you gots what you got.I've been going mostly I-NET radio and between the recption and the choices out ther this is the way to go.I ran some heavy duty RCA cables from my puter back to the Yammah and since the humm is gone the recption is like being at the studio it'self.Steamings' the way to go. Yes I'm a little behind the times but I will there some day.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I..I...... Ugh. Don't even know what to say. The randomness is seriously breathtaking.
    50" Panasonic Vierra TC-P50VT20 (w/5 pairs glasses)
    Pioneer Elite SC-37
    Polk Monitor 70's (2)
    Polk Monitor 40's (4)
    Polk Monitor CS2
    Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    Oppo BDP-93
    Squeezebox Duet
    Belkin PureAV PF60
    Dish Network "The Hoppa"

I put up an fm antenna for a friend but when I got home I noticed my speakers were a little too bright so I changed the wires and bought some LED lights for the kitchen. Now it will be a little harder to see grime buildup on the wooden floor but if I mop it I can maybe use floor polish instead of re-doing my deck stairs next summer. When summer comes I often notice the speakers are warmer sounding so maybe I'll mop the floor before I turn on the LEDs but by that time the speakers may sound a little warmer anyway, not sure. If all that pans out maybe I can switch back to my old cables when I play the cassette player but only for classic rock stuff, maybe jazz on the turntable. In any case does anyone know if I do the deck stairs next summer will I still be able to pay more principle on my house payment and still be able to pick up a good signal out in the back yard? Any opinion?

Member Sales Rating: (2)

^^^ Dude, you just hit that one outta da park!
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Most hilarious thing I've read/heard all day. Heck, all week!
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300