Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default North Korea, king of the hill.

C'mon...are you frickin' kidding me ?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/06...nt-conference/

The worlds gone nuts.
    This is akin to putting child molesters in charge of teaching kids....no,no...we've done that.

Hmmm...how about akin to putting crooks in charge of making the rules for other crooks....no,no...we've done that too.

How about an Arab nation in charge of womans rights....yeah,been there done that too.

Seems to fit a pattern over at the U.N. and possibly here too.
    How can you put that North Korean nutjob in charge of anything ? I mean the guy breaks every arms agreement,every U.N. law for disarmament. If someone can explain this move to me, I'm all ears.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

They're just trying to shake junior out of the woods...

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

The world is toasted bread.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by bobman1235
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

The UN is a just a joke. Do you really think that UN Conference on Disarmament will make any super power lose their sleep? Give me a break :tongue:
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Yeah -- 'bout like hiring Elmer Wayne Henley as a babysitter.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

time to tell the UN to pound salt and get out. While they are at it, they can give us back that prime Ney York real estate and move to Terran, where human rights are so valued.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Don't make the UN move! Charge them rent, let's say $5B annual rent payable directly to the national debt. Now there's a revenue tactic the congressional debt committee hasn't considered.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999 View Post
    Don't make the UN move! Charge them rent, let's say $5B annual rent payable directly to the national debt. Now there's a revenue tactic the congressional debt committee hasn't considered.
    THe UN has no money unless we give it to them. Better to remove them from our soil, stop giving them a penny, and stop getting our bravest involved in their illegal wars. The UN is nothing but a shell game being played with our tax money.
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    THe UN has no money unless we give it to them. Better to remove them from our soil, stop giving them a penny, and stop getting our bravest involved in their illegal wars. The UN is nothing but a shell game being played with our tax money.
    ^^^^^^^+++++++ 100,000,000....we really need to stop feeding others and worry about our own in this crisis
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (16)

C'mon fellas, look at it from my point of view. That's some funny $#!%.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

You're right, Keiko. The world is surreal!

Having N.K. chair something like this is kind of like thinking the U.S. dollar has any value left as a world currency. lol

As far as the U.N. having no cojones, there are historical reasons why NO major super power would be 'happy' if it did and why they made sure it didn't! And that includes us (U.S.A.).

cnh

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I agree.....Amen.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?...GOT SUNFIRE? ...GOT Maggies?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    I mean the guy breaks every arms agreement,every U.N. law for disarmament.
    Like we don't?

We signed treaties that we would not proliferate nukes. We were doing so while ink was still wet.

We signed a treaty that we would not develop any ballistic missile defense systems. Had our fingers crossed behind our backs on that one too. Development was moving ahead while we were on TV signing the papers. We break arms embargoes every day. Doesn't make it right but at the same time, doesn't make it any less real either.

Kim Jeong's Ill isn't the brightest move in the world but at the same time, maybe it'll pacify him enough to think he's got some power so he'll cool his jets a bit? I'm sure that other countries are more concerned about the Middle East uprisings and the bad stuff it's doing to oil prices more so than they are about Nutjob McQuack with nothing of any value over there in North Korea.

At least this will occupy him a bit instead of having him standing in the middle of the U.N., filibustering about how poorly North Korea is treated while ignoring his own civil rights oppression.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

We only provide 22% of the total funding to the U.N. Granted, that's no small chunk but it's far from the total amount in the U.N. budget.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Give me the launch codes and the BIG RED BUTTON and I'll fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post

Kim Jeong's Ill isn't the brightest move in the world but at the same time, maybe it'll pacify him enough to think he's got some power so he'll cool his jets a bit?
    i'd hope so. but on the other hand, a new worldwide platform of recognition and "empowerment" make me cringe the opposite may be the case. but with a looney goon like him, ya never know what may make him happy.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

What's next........Charles Manson being made a trustee ?!?

We only provide 22% of the total funding to the U.N. Granted, that's no small chunk but it's far from the total amount in the U.N. budget.

22%, and we are just one of 160+ members... umm yeah, that seems fair.

Seems to me that we should OWN the UN, given all that the U.S. is asked to do. yet they continue to vote for commitee heads and such that are diametrically opposed to to the fact that we even exist as a free nation. If the member states of the UN wanted America's help to become free as well then great, keep funding. Instead, they support regimes that stone women to death for wearing something other than a burqah or percieved sin against the q'ran(Afganistan/Iran), jail women for driving a car(Saudi Arabia), deny education to women(Afganistan), slaughter newborns simply because they are born female(China/India), assemble an array of nukes rather than feed their people(North Korea), talk about America as the great satan(half the countries of the world), kill our troops when they go to deliver food(Somalia), and do every other manner of things with our 22% of their effing budget. I personally am sicked by the way my tax money is spent in support of regimes that do these barbaric things.

Let's not even go there with the 3/4ths of a TRILLION we will give away to our other enemies as aid this year and the other TRILLION we will spend to buy their oil so that it can be spent to fund Jihaddists all over the globe.

Time to dump the UN and form a new body. Let those that stand FOR freedom stand with us. Those that do not, can keep the UN. At least then we will know who the enemy is.
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 06-29-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Never said it was fair.

I know John... that figure just got me off on another rant. I am all better now.

Member Sales Rating: (55)

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    They're just trying to shake junior out of the woods...
    Yup.

But for what purpose ?

Maybe so Seal team 6 can get a clear shot at him ? One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Give me the launch codes and the BIG RED BUTTON and I'll fix everything.
    I like the way you think!

Here's another fine example of the superior leadership that flows from the mini dictator.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/06...dents-to-work/

Eh...what say we shut down the schools, don't want any of those uprisings comming here.

Good Lord.......if I wanted to get my news from Fox News, I'd go to Fox News.......try switching it up sometime.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

They are the only ones out there trying to tell the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by brettw22 View Post
    Good Lord.......if I wanted to get my news from Fox News, I'd go to Fox News.......try switching it up sometime.
    really? don't click on the thread then, right?

okay, okay, okay. time for you to IM a mod and get this puppy locked up. thanks brett.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

Quote Originally Posted by brettw22 View Post
    I could, but then again it's not about fox news, can't you just deal with a story regardless of who breaks/reports it ?

Quote Originally Posted by BIZILL View Post
    really? don't click on the thread then, right?

okay, okay, okay. time for you to IM a mod and get this puppy locked up. thanks brett.
    Bordering on it.

Kim Jeong's Ill isn't the brightest move in the world but at the same time, maybe it'll pacify him enough to think he's got some power so he'll cool his jets a bit?
    Isn't this the same idea that led us into the two World Wars? Just give him what he wants and maybe he will be content? I could be wrong, but the way I remember it, Europe tried to please Hitler on several occasions and all it did was backfire. Not saying it would do so here.

Thread Information