Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Default Recommendations for a car radio

My daughters' birthday is coming up in August and I thought I'd get her a better radio for her 2005 Mini Cooper.

GPS capability is NOT a requirement. However it should have aux and usb inputs and play cd's of course. I was looking at Pioneer but would like to have some suggestions from more knowledgeable folks.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Pioneer, Kenwood, Clarion and Alpine all make excellent stuff so Id look around for the features you want among those brands then find the best price. Any of these 4 brands will be great and you cant go wrong.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Ditto.

I'd recommend going with Crutchfield for their installation support but you should know enough about car wiring to not have an issue with installation. So find the model you like and then find the price you like on that model.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Go to some local dealer/installers and compare equipment and prices. Best to put your eyes and ears to use.

Is a gift card or shopping spree an option? If you are looking for a basic unit, the most important things are the few "must-haves", looks, and user interface. I find the head unit purchase to be the most personal purchase when it comes to car audio, and even though she might not care, I'd hate for someone to pick one for me.

I just bought from Crutchfield 2 Pioneer DEH-1200MP's for my truck and car.
    I bought one for my truck first.70.00 total..

With what Cruchfield provides it was a no brainer. The install instuctions were really, really good. The wireing harness provided came with instuctions too. Adapter mounts and acc. were provided free also.

They are online only.

This radio/cd..mps,aux. player is simple and powerful. for 70.00, I felt it was an economical easy choice for me.

BB has a Pioneer 1300MP for 70.00 also. a little different face but seems to have the same specs. What they give extra for free, I don't know...
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?...GOT SUNFIRE? ...GOT Maggies?

is there a Best Buy in canada? their car audio stuff usually sucks, BUT they do carry good alpine head units and they seem to be unloading stock cheap

I might have named the wrong company for the Pioneer 1300 model.
    I just saw it at Parts Express for 70.00, so it might have been PE instead.
    Sorry
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?...GOT SUNFIRE? ...GOT Maggies?

Thread Information