Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default looking for headphones

I was looking for a new pair of headphones for my iPhone4. Can anyone recommend me a pair for around $100?

Thanks.
    Adcom GFP-750, Adcom GFR-700, Adcom GFA-5802, Jolida JD100, polk LSi15, polk LSiC, polk LSiFX, Velodyne Impact 12, APC H15, Sony KDL-60EX500, Sony BDP-S570, Pangea, MIT

do you care over the ear? on ear? in ear? open or closed?
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

In ear. I was looking at the Bose mie2i for the apple iPhone4
    Adcom GFP-750, Adcom GFR-700, Adcom GFA-5802, Jolida JD100, polk LSi15, polk LSiC, polk LSiFX, Velodyne Impact 12, APC H15, Sony KDL-60EX500, Sony BDP-S570, Pangea, MIT

Member Sales Rating: (0)

For in ear, I really like the Klipsch image s4. I currently have the Klipsch promedia headphones which have the same driver as the s4 and a built in mic for your iPhone. I don't know if they sound exactly the same as the s4, but they sound great and cost a fair amount less (some places were closing them out online recently).

i would avoid bose, you can probably get better quality for cheaper, the klipsch are a good choice. I would also look at Nuforce, Shure SE-115 also get very good reviews and you can usually find them on amazon ranging from 50-100 bucks.

Member Sales Rating: (21)

You mentioned that it was for your iPhone4. I assume that means you want a mic and on off toggle also? I heard the Audeo Perfect Bass. They sounded OK. I opted for the next model up, the Audeo Perfect Fit and I'm really happy with them.

A few good places for research are:
    - Earphone Solutions. They have a decent amount of reviews on products and have best of lists.

- Head Room tests everything they sell. They have performance comparison graphs that you can do for different headphones (which I really liked).

- Last but not least, is Head-Fi. It will take some time to wade through all the information, but hopefully it will help you make a decision about what to get, for the type of music you like in the price range you would like to spend. Joker has compiled a 80 headphone shootout. Some of the models may have been discontinued, but it is a good starting point. The other thread by Joker that may interest you is the 183 pair of IEM's review

Hope that helps,
    Scott

You might also
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa

My Mid-Fi Systems - In The Showcase

thanks everyone!

this board is really an excellent source of info.

Anthony

If your looking at Bose you may as well get Beats by Dre. In your price range you should consider Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Shure, and maybe Klipsch.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

Member Sales Rating: (10)

I am happy with my entry level Shures.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I use these mostly for monitoring when ripping vinyl. Lightweight, comfortable and they sound excellent. Better than some I've owned costing a lot more. Can't beat 'em at this price, IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RH5MA-M...1594029&sr=8-1

Member Sales Rating: (0)

If you ain't in a rush - you might want to wait for Polk's new headphones line :)

Polk Audio Introduces Industry's First Line of High Performance Headphones Designed Specifically for Athletes and Active Individuals

Performance Line-up Includes Both UltraFit Sports and UltraFocus Noise Cancelation Models

http://www.polkaudio.com/partners/press.php?id=109

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

I second the S4 Klipsch headphones as I have the X10i and love them. I got them from headphone.com as mentioned about as they have great service, and included a pair of foam, Comply inserts which are far better than the stock ones.

Thread Information