Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    Still waiting for the LSIM 705/707 here in Los Angeles.
    Another west coaster willing to help get them back out here! Finally have a system together that they'd be put to good use in.

Member Sales Rating: (45)

Where are we at with this demo folks?

Merry Christmas Eric. Need to move them along, was just swamped with the holidays and going to different family since last Wed and will be finished later today. I can meet you or try to get mailing labels from Jon S and send to ScottyBoy. Scott is unable to travel up to my place to pick up and I can't make a one day 10hr trip right now either so getting them to Conradicles would be easier, but I do want to make arrangements with Jon or Eric and figure out how to keep Scott in the rotation.

After these two, who is next on the list? ANy members in Charlotte or Atlanta that want in on this?

I'll try to PM Jon S later today and see which direction he wants to go with them.

It's been a great experience and I'll be sad to see them go. The wife really likes the bookshelf size in our den much more than the 2.3TL's lol...

Can I demo the 2.3tls too lol?

Eric- pm your contact # and if you are able to talk today. The 2.3's may be avail early next year. Due to financial needs they may have to go.

PM sent to Travis and John S...

Quote Originally Posted by Conradicles View Post
    Can I demo the 2.3tls too lol?

Talked to Conradicles tonight. He will have these soon and then Scottyboy should be next. These are phenominal speakers so don't miss out on a great opportunity. Full review in a few days.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

What areas of the country is the 707's in? Are they due to see the east coast?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Well the 703s arrived to me today. Initial thoughts are very good. These things sound great!

It was my first exposure to a higher end bookshelf speakers and I was blown away. Still like floorstanders better with a 3yr old running around and would love to hear the 705 or 707's.

Quote Originally Posted by TNHNDYMAN View Post
    It was my first exposure to a higher end bookshelf speakers and I was blown away. Still like floorstanders better with a 3yr old running around and would love to hear the 705 or 707's.
    @TNHNDYMAN: Are you still demoing these? I'm just south of you in Asheville.

No, see above. Conradicles has them now.

They are packed and ready to go. Jon_S has been informed and I think scottyboy was next in line.
    Romans 1:16

Quote Originally Posted by Conradicles View Post
    They are packed and ready to go. Jon_S has been informed and I think scottyboy was next in line.
    Very cool, interested to hear your thoughts.

Woohoo
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Then ScottyBoy is going to drive them to Upstatemax's house for him?

Living room:
    Samsung PN50B860 50" Plasma : Oppo BDP-103 : Roku 3 : Denon AVR-2808Ci : Definitive Tech ProMonitor 800 R&L : ProCenter 1000 : Polk FXi 3 Surrounds : Twin Velodyne SPL 10 Series II's :

2Ch:
    Polk LSi 9's : Parasound HCA 1500A : Pro-Ject Debut Carbon : Cambridge 640P Phono Stage : Musical Fidelity M1 S DAC : APC H15 : MacBook Pro Retina :

Quote Originally Posted by Upstatemax View Post
    Then ScottyBoy is going to drive them to Upstatemax's house for him?

woohoo
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Would love to get the 707's in Houston. Willing to drive anywhere from San Antonio to New Orleans to pick them up!

If the 707s ever come north towards Boston/New Hampshire, I'd love to have a chance to audition them. It might be possible for me to travel as far as the NYC metro area to pick them up.

I would live to compare them with my mod'd SRSs and 1Cs.
    Last edited by Moose68Bash; 01-30-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    Family Room
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD Player, King Cobra XLRs
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

jon s's box is full, might explain no word for the past month and no action authorizing me to get the demo 703s.

Hell 2 years you wait, doro assures you you are in, you play the game, tell anybody who wants them to go ahead, enjoy, nowpffffffffffffft.

If i were able to leave deb long enough, i would drive to pick them up, but conradicles says not without jons sayso,so right back to square one.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

I emailed Jon s...he will get back with us soon.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Anybody know where Mark is? I see that his last post here was over two months ago.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Eric-
    I'm not trying to bypass any rules or step on toes, but I think it's up to us to an extent to keep these moving. Lack of response from Jon_S is unfortunate, but I am sure this is a very small part of the large plate of work he is responsible for. If we go back to pg 17 of this thread and post #482 his last instructions had ScottyBoy on the demo list after your turn. I don't see a problem with the members paying shipping if they are willing to have the chance to demo.

Obviously all communication needs to be open and most should be on this thread as to who has current possession and who is next in line. Shipping details can be handled thru email or PM or ph calls. If Eric and Scott could work out shipping logistics I say they should go to Scotty while we are waiting for response from Jon as to who is next in line. He is on a time crunch due to want/need to sell some of his gear, but has waited patiently for almost 2 years to be part of this demo. I think there are a few Charlotte or Atlanta members that would like to be given the opportunity to go after Scott.

Polk has been unbelievable in giving us members the chance to demo $1500 speakers and though it would be a bonus for them to provide shipping labels to send to each destination, I think those wanting to demo should be willing to step up and pay for shipping as necessary so we are not waiting 2 months between demos for the controller of the demo to get a label sent to us. Maybe on the next go around if we get another chance those that want to demo can pre pay into a shipping fund via paypal if they are serious and want to experience Polks latest and greatest it should not be a big deal to pay $25-40 for the opportunity. I would truly hate to see the plug pulled on the demo program if we can't be responsible enough to keep it moving forward.

Well said Travis. Maybe Tom would like to demo them since they are already in Charlotte if Scotty can't work something out *right now*, then they could to to Scotty. Just an idea, I'm sure Jon would be fine with Tom grabbing them for a few weeks. Anything to keep them rolling..

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy76 View Post
    jon s's box is full, might explain no word for the past month and no action authorizing me to get the demo 703s.

Hell 2 years you wait, doro assures you you are in, you play the game, tell anybody who wants them to go ahead, enjoy, nowpffffffffffffft.

If i were able to leave deb long enough, i would drive to pick them up, but conradicles says not without jons sayso,so right back to square one.
    From the emails I had shared with Jon a few months ago, Scotty was O.K. to receive the speakers. Last I knew, at least. Good luck guys!

I'd be happy to give them a whirl followed by an extensive review. I have heard many good things about them but have yet to lay my ears on them. I can even bring them down to Jerry's and meet up with Scotty [perhaps even dropping them off at Scotty's], so there are no shipping "mishaps". Whereabouts are they in Charlotte?

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Thanks for the input guys. I just want to see everyone get a chance for this great demo program. I need to go back and find the link to where we are supposed to post our reviews after demoing the 703's. Tom I appreciate the offer to take to Scotty but I think timing is his biggest issue right now. He has his amp and pre up for sale with buyers ready after his demo period. I realize this may be his choice and might keep him out of the game, but hate to see that happen after waiting so long for a chance.

That being said, Conradicles currently has them and he is in the Hickory NC area. When I finished the demo he graciously agreed to use his fedex account to pay for shipping with a nice discount compared to the average joe taking them and dropping off. When I took them to FedEx with the labels to ship they refused to insure if sent in the existing boxes (see damage from one time and first time shipped to Cody) I went ahead and paid FedEx to place in new boxes with their supplied paper stuffing. So they should be in good shape to ship now.

Let's wait for Conradicles to respond. I know he has put pm out to JonS and was waiting on a response when I talked to him last week. I'm sure he's stuck in the position that he doesn't want to do anything to upset the folks at Polk and is trying to get the go ahead. I don't blame him just feel like all of us wanting in on these programs need to play a bigger role in keeping the ball rolling if possible without causing more headaches for the staff overseeing the program. I assume they would be happy to take a more hands off approach if everyone could take care of the merchandise and not have issues like what happened on the west coast with the big 707's. The logistics of the big 707's (shipping and transport) are obviously more difficult as well as the distance between polkies out west.

If they need for Scotty to sell his gear before getting the go ahead from polk I'll do everything in my ability to take a pre and amp down to Georgia so he can hear them. Love him and Deb's company, but it's a 5hr drive down and the 5 back so makes for a long day and it's hard for me to break free from home to do an overnight stay. When there's a will there's a way so we will make something happen.

Oh, I didn't realize that Eric has them [I know where his location is]. I did not mean to step on anybody's toes here or get out of line. Whatever y'all choose is good with me. I will be going down to the Atlanta area within the month and can pass them off to anybody down that way while I'm down there. I do know that we have plenty of Atlanta Polkies but I have no idea whether they are slated to be in line or if they are even interested in this demo to begin with. Just LMK and I'll roll with whatever.

Tom

You didn't step on any toes Tom. This is what communication is about. I'm just rooting for my buddy Scotty to get a chance but understand why Eric has to wait for a response. Maybe in that response we can get some more leeway from Jon_S at to how to handle in the future with shipping, handoffs, ect...

Thread Information