Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (12)

absolutely...
    I will say that logistically them coming through Los Angeles before heading east makes more sense than going east and coming back west, but I will be happy to do whatever is needed to assist anyone in any way when it comes to making this work. This is an exceedingly rare opportunity, and one that should be a LOT of fun.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Doug is picking them up, after that we should all talk and I'll make the call based on logistics. This is going to be awesome guys.

Some literature stuff is going out to Doug tomorrow, with more to follow by the time you other guys get them.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Doro, PM sent regarding personal info. Btw, I'm in Fontana about an 1:30 north of Doug.

Doug PM sent.

Eric (Aka E-dogg)
    Denon 4311ci
    XSP-1
    MINIdsp
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Quad DIY LMS Ultra subs (powered by dual LG Clone amps)
    Panny AE-8000u
    2:35 110in Screen
    Oppo BDP-105
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

2ch: Airmotiv 6's, Airport Express

Quote Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post
    Doro, PM sent regarding personal info. Btw, I'm in Fontana about an 1:30 north of Doug.

Doug PM sent.

Eric (Aka E-dogg)
    Thanks Eric, that's the info I needed in regards to logistics....finally someone got it, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    Thanks Eric, that's the info I needed in regards to logistics....finally someone got it, haha.
    Denon 4311ci
    XSP-1
    MINIdsp
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Panny AE-8000u
    Oppo BDP-105
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

Member Sales Rating: (12)

PM sent for logistics...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

You want to sweep the 703's through NC on the way to GA? There are a few of us in the RDU area & I can take them on over to Trey since I'm out that way pretty often.

Doug is picking them up, after that we should all talk and I'll make the call based on logistics. This is going to be awesome guys.

Some literature stuff is going out to Doug tomorrow, with more to follow by the time you other guys get them.
    Hi everyone. Hey Doro think we can discuss the 707's 2nd stop in their demo tour? Now that there's talk about Doug having his GTG on sunday I'm about 99% sure I'll be able to attend and pickup the 707's from him, if of course that's the plan. What I'd also like to talk about is who would get the 707's from me? This way I can plan accordingly. Thanks guys!
    Denon 4311ci
    XSP-1
    MINIdsp
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Panny AE-8000u
    Oppo BDP-105
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

Sure, but he's going to keep them for a week or so afterwards so there won't be a pickup at the event....it will be after the event.

You can PM your phone number if you want but no 2nd round has been decided yet.

NooshingJohn has also expressed interest in the demo process. The fact is that I cannot keep these in CA for 6 months so not everyone on this LSiM Tour is going to be able to keep them for themselves. I'm planning the best route based on many factors. If you don't get picked, you should make every effort to join the individual in your area that did get chosen. It's that easy and this process isn't meant to leave anyone out...it's just going to happen since they have to cross the entire country in a certain amount of time.

Sure, but he's going to keep them for a week or so afterwards so there won't be a pickup at the event....it will be after the event.

You can PM your phone number if you want but no 2nd round has been decided yet.

NooshingJohn has also expressed interest in the demo process. The fact is that I cannot keep these in CA for 6 months so not everyone on this LSiM Tour is going to be able to keep them for themselves. I'm planning the best route based on many factors. If you don't get picked, you should make every effort to join the individual in your area that did get chosen. It's that easy and this process isn't meant to leave anyone out...it's just going to happen since they have to cross the entire country in a certain amount of time.
    Ok no worries. I completely understand.
    Denon 4311ci
    XSP-1
    MINIdsp
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Panny AE-8000u
    Oppo BDP-105
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

Member Sales Rating: (17)

very interested in hearing them both but I'll take which ever get to the Kansas City area first... even if I have to be first to get them. I'll jump on that grenade. :D
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    I'm very interested in the demo and I have the gear to match.

Thanks
    Lee if you get these for demo let me know I would be willing to bring over some gear as well such as the Esoteric and Adcom and Nordost cables.
    2 Channel-
    Soundlab M3PX
    BAT VK-31
    Wyred SX1000 monos
    Esoteric DV50
    Dynavector p75 modded phono stage
    Rega P25 modded-Denon 103R Cart
    Squeezebox Touch
    Modded Music Hall DAC Burson op amps
    Richard Grey 600S
    MIT Shotgun IC's and SC

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I'm in Northern Colorado (loveland, fort collins area) and would like to try the 703's if they make it out this way. The floor standers are too big for me to deal with and not what I would buy.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

I have two pairs of LSiM703 so I may send one out to the CO area and let them travel around that time zone, while the other pair starts out here.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Is there anyone in CO?

Member Sales Rating: (13)

If one makes it up near the eastern side of Washington I'll help ferry them around.. didn't think we'd get a shot up here in the northwest.. but CO is pretty close =)
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    Is there anyone in CO?

No... LOL!!!

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I am still very interested in hosting something here in the midwest. I have several amps and combos they could be demo'd with. I would also be willing to let anyone bring over their gear so we could swap out and get a good idea of what different equipment can do with these new designs!

It would be nice to have both the 703 and 707 if it is going to be a get together. If it is just me, I would have to pick the 707. Just an idea as it would be REALLY nice to compare the 2 with a large group of Polkies from the midwest. I am centrally located to Chicago, Indy, Grand Rapids, Lansing and not that far of a drive from Wisconsin or Detroit/Ann Arbor either. I can think of at least 5 or 6 guys that would probably make the trip at a minimum. Just wanted to throw that out there. Would anyone be interested in gathering at my house for a demo if we can get them here? I sure would like to meet some more of you in person!

I am in Niles, MI, 49120.

I also have LSi9's, Upgraded SDA SRS 2's (Should be done within a couple weeks), SDA CRS+, and a set of Magnepan MMG on the way that we could compare with.

EndersShadow?? Wanna bring your 15's to compare??? You know you do!!!

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9

Don,

If you want to host a gathering or are thinking abut it, post it in that section and get it rolling. That will keep it moving here and allow you to see everyone in your area easier....plus, it will help me decide to boot.

The fact you are willing to host for all Polkies within your geographical area is a bonus, depending on what gear you have. Start the thread and send me a PM offline with everything you have to host.

You won't get both sets of speakers to demo, just not going to happen, so concentrate your efforts on either or, ok? It looks like the LSiM 703 would be a better fit based on the speakers you mentioned but it doesn't matter to me.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by dcmartinpc View Post
    I am still very interested in hosting something here in the midwest. I have several amps and combos they could be demo'd with. I would also be willing to let anyone bring over their gear so we could swap out and get a good idea of what different equipment can do with these new designs!

It would be nice to have both the 703 and 707 if it is going to be a get together. If it is just me, I would have to pick the 707. Just an idea as it would be REALLY nice to compare the 2 with a large group of Polkies from the midwest. I am centrally located to Chicago, Indy, Grand Rapids, Lansing and not that far of a drive from Wisconsin or Detroit/Ann Arbor either. I can think of at least 5 or 6 guys that would probably make the trip at a minimum. Just wanted to throw that out there. Would anyone be interested in gathering at my house for a demo if we can get them here? I sure would like to meet some more of you in person!

I am in Niles, MI, 49120.

I also have LSi9's, Upgraded SDA SRS 2's (Should be done within a couple weeks), SDA CRS+, and a set of Magnepan MMG on the way that we could compare with.

EndersShadow?? Wanna bring your 15's to compare??? You know you do!!!

Don
    Not going to rule that out, but I also will throw this one out. I have access to our apartment complex's clubhouse at no cost to me. If we can work out a date/time I can reserve it for us.

We could hook up multiple rigs within the room since its rather massive and be there all day if need be.

Member Sales Rating: (25)

What? if anything is packaged with the LSiM speakers? So many ideas were out there, did Polk end up doing any of them? Just wondering
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

It's a nicely put together owners manual, with some extra cutsheets and a lithograph of everyone involved in the design with their signatures. Also an allen wrench for the spikes.

They're also packaged VERY well although still using styrofoam instead of foam. Not sure what was suggested but most of it was nonsense from what I recall.

Member Sales Rating: (25)

I was rather fond of the speaker binding post wrench with Polk Audio on it. Oh well , as long as the box has great speaker in it, its all good.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier21 View Post
    I was rather fond of the speaker binding post wrench with Polk Audio on it. Oh well , as long as the box has great speaker in it, its all good.
    That was one of the more sane ideas but it didn't make the cut. I believe it could have been done for real cheap if they bought in bulk. Look at that Audioquest wrench....they sure as hell didn't make that in-house. They bought it and had their name stamped on it, genius.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Are these gonna make it to the mid-west? There are a bunch of us in the Chicago/Rockford area, and I'm sure handoffs wouldn't be much of an issue for most of us. I'd be able to travel an hour-hour and a half or so with no problem. We could possibly put together a RAS meeting while they're in the area too, that way we could get a whole bunch of ears on them all at once. I know there are a few people nearby in both Iowa and Wisconsin that I'm sure are interested.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

Look guys...I've said multiple times where these are going....coast to coast. I'll hit as many Polkies as humanly possible but mainly want hosts and ppl that can open their doors to other folks. I'm not so much interested in private one on one demos, since this is a rare opportunity that should be shared.

I have Dcmartinpc(MI), Dpowell(CA) and I believe Scompracer(IL) as open door hosts so far. You folks up in the IL and MI areas are now covered so keep your eyes peeled. However, I'm willing to do private demos for the individuals that are acting as shuttles or driving for hand-offs since I believe you should be rewarded for your efforts.

We're compiling a rough list of who's who in the LSiM Tour 2011 as we get more involved. Please volunteer or at least attend one of the demos for this speaker, since it's a rare opportunity. Where else does a manufacturer allow a brand new, 4-2K product make rounds for a user forum? I'll answer that, no one.

Get involved Polkies, show your colors, show me your teeth.

Look guys...I've said multiple times where these are going....coast to coast. I'll hit as many Polkies as humanly possible but mainly want hosts and ppl that can open their doors to other folks. I'm not so much interested in private one on one demos, since this is a rare opportunity that should be shared.

I have Dcmartinpc(MI), Dpowell(CA) and I believe Scompracer(IL) as open door hosts so far. You folks up in the IL and MI areas are now covered so keep your eyes peeled. However, I'm willing to do private demos for the individuals that are acting as shuttles or driving for hand-offs since I believe you should be rewarded for your efforts.

We're compiling a rough list of who's who in the LSiM Tour 2011 as we get more involved. Please volunteer or at least attend one of the demos for this speaker, since it's a rare opportunity. Where else does a manufacturer allow a brand new, 4-2K product make rounds for a user forum? I'll answer that, no one.

Get involved Polkies, show your colors, show me your teeth.

Ahh, I hadn't read through the whole thread. I didn't see that Rich(scompracer) had opened his doors up for a demo. Sounds great to me! I haven't seen all my RAS buddies in a while anyway. Can't wait for them to make it to our neck of the woods!!

As I said before though, I would be willing/able to transport these up to an hour and a half or so if that helps the cause out at all. Just throwing it out there. :)
    The nirvana inducer-
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp

He's PM'd me about it....not sure if he's commiting but he would be an immediate choice for me. Between location, Club Polk participation, the gear he owns and the fact he's just a really nice guy in person....it's solid.

He's PM'd me about it....not sure if he's commiting but he would be an immediate choice for me. Between location, Club Polk participation, the gear he owns and the fact he's just a really nice guy in person....it's solid.

Rich would be a great choice for a group demo. He's got a great listening area and great gear. Plus he's just an all around great guy...and he can grill a mean burger on top of it all.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Also worth noting I could possibly make a handoff to folks in the Columbus Ohio area if they swung down through Indy.

If it works out that I attend a meet in Chicago or MI that is. Still figuring that part out....
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information