Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default 31 day challenge

I decided on Friday I was going to cut sodas out for 1 month due to their cost and the addiction. Last time I did this was 7 years ago and I lost 45 lbs in about 4-6 months. I got a few friends to join me in the challenge. Anyone else care to join?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

FU...I use to drink Diet Coke by the gallons daily and I've had zero in 9 weeks and lost zilch........pisses me off......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7995/meterdq8.gif

I gotta have my morning mountain dews, I have no will power when it comes to the Dew. I wish you luck

Member Sales Rating: (45)

I have cut down to 1 per day (once and a while 2 per day) and that is hard enough!!!

I can't remember the last time I had a soda. I'm Powerade Zero fan, but still fat.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    Robert Grodinsky RGR Model 5
    Emotiva XDA-1
    A/D/S L710

Hey Skip what are you going to mix your bourbon with
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Spaceman Spiff
    Member Sales Rating: (22)

Best of luck bro. I haven't had any type of soda in well over 10 years.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Cub, that is sig-worthy right there.

Skip, go for it. You're a sissy boy though, whatcha gonna chase your Bourbon with now? Sweat tea?

edit- Ron in TX, great minds, that whole thing....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

CocaCola is my morning coffee, and Mexican Cokes are my favorite treat. This will be an almost impossible task for me to do.... but I am with you man. I will just substitute a cold beer instead!:tongue:
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    CocaCola is my morning coffee, and Mexican Cokes are my favorite treat. This will be an almost impossible task for me to do.... but I am with you man. I will just substitute a cold beer instead!:tongue:
    Yeah, that mexican coke uses real sugar. Taste better too. Never drank that much pop to begin with. Much prefer fresh squeezed juice, not that concentrated high fructose corn syrup stuff.

Diet pop makes you fatter gents, get your read on.

I always try doing a balancing act between my bad eating/drinking habits and the good. Say what you will, but the older you get,the more aware you are of the crap you put in your mouth. Kudos to the OP for getting off the junk.
    Last edited by Kenneth Swauger; 08-02-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Man no way I could do it.... I go through about 5 Diet MD's a day if not more. Its my way of handling stress, along with munching (and I wonder how I gained 40 lbs in the 10 months since my surgery lol....)

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Diet sodas don't make you fatter. They just mess with your appetite, so if you're not paying attention to what you eat, you will get fatter. If you're not an idiot, however, and actually watch what you shovel into your gaping maw, you'll be golden.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    Hey Skip what are you going to mix your bourbon with
    Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by RuSsMaN View Post
    Skip, go for it. You're a sissy boy though, whatcha gonna chase your Bourbon with now? Sweat tea?
    Thanks for the love. FWIW, I don't chase, I mix. :tongue:

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I decided on Friday I was going to cut sodas out for 1 month due to their cost and the addiction. Last time I did this was 7 years ago and I lost 45 lbs in about 4-6 months. I got a few friends to join me in the challenge. Anyone else care to join?
    Been wanting to do a similar challenge, but with beer. Haven't gotten up the guts to do it yet. I'd have to forewarn the local brewery so they can prepare the emergency fund for the revenue lost.

Good luck!
    Ludicrous gibs!

I cut back on soda (along with a lot of other things) about 10 months ago. I've lost 60 pounds so far with about 25 more to go.

I still have about 1 a month. You lose your taste for it after a while.

Good luck.
    Onkyo HTRC 180
    Polk Monitor 70 Series 2 Fronts
    Polk CSi A6 Center
    Polk PSW505 Sub Woofer
    Polk Monitor 60 Series 2 Surrounds.
    Harman Kardon HTSK18 Back Ceiling Mounted
    PS3 Xbox

Thumbs up

Skip it doesn't look like many takers here for ya . I'm in, I don't need to lose any weight at 6'1", 165 but I'd be better off cutting out the the soda. So I just took a last swig of my A&W root beer and dumped it down the sink. That was harder than it looks, man I love that stuff

Craig
    Attached Images  
    Huh? Wot?? Dig it :tongue:

Where can I get me some??

Member Sales Rating: (58)

OK, I'll join for fun. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and I had no soda today. I'm not a huge soda drinker anyways but why not. - Mark

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Quote Originally Posted by cubdog View Post
    I can't remember the last time I had a soda. I'm Powerade Zero fan, but still fat.

cubdog
    But oh so adorable and cuddly.

Never touch soda. Just black coffee, and water. However, I did decide Sunday to not drink alcohol (beer or wine) during the week, just Friday and Saturday. That is how I know I am getting old. When I feel slightly hungover after a couple of glasses a wine at night.

Default Just bought 3 2 liters of coke zero

But, I drink way, waaay too many and cant go around the house or in car without a zero, my upper right stomach has been wrecked from years of ketoprofen use, prescription cousin of ibuprofen, 325 mg, now they only sell 75mg.

Would take with goody powder and soma muscle relaxers, so i could do landscaping for clients and work full time at home depot.

Now soda is ruining whats left, and they are finding out bad things every day about soda.

I know i am going to drink these three 2 liters, about a day and a half supply, after that i will join you.

I have needed something to kick start me, this might be it.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Don't I wish I could loose 45 pounds!

Quote Originally Posted by cubdog View Post

cubdog
    Same here, sooo rarely drink pop and it has been like that for many years. Mainly drink water (lots) and some juice. Don't eat much either but I'm still a fat slob. Could loose 50 - 60 pounds and I'd be happy.
    I don't need to lose any weight at 6'1", 165
    You lucky beast, 165 is where I use to be at 6'2'' about 30 years ago, would pick on people that needed to loose some but secretly hoped to gain some my self. Now at 55 years old, it would be my dream to go back to this tin, slim light weight state but there is no turning back! Today, I realize I was much better off as a pole than as...
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy76 View Post
    But, I drink way, waaay too many and cant go around the house or in car without a zero, my upper right stomach has been wrecked from years of ketoprofen use, prescription cousin of ibuprofen, 325 mg, now they only sell 75mg.

Would take with goody powder and soma muscle relaxers, so i could do landscaping for clients and work full time at home depot.

Now soda is ruining whats left, and they are finding out bad things every day about soda.

I know i am going to drink these three 2 liters, about a day and a half supply, after that i will join you.

I have needed something to kick start me, this might be it.
    C'mon, don't pospone, just dump them in stuwee's sink!

Dang it's only been a few hours, and I'm having withdrawls, this is as bad as quiting the ciggies, but I did that cold turkey too! So I can do this, in fact, if I make it to the 31 days, I may just quit forever!!! I bet it will taste pretty crappy after awhile of not drinking it...but I've looked at that pic I posted of it in my sink about 5 times...Nah, it's gone, and I/WE can do this
    Huh? Wot?? Dig it :tongue:

Where can I get me some??

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Just had my last Coke.... hopefully you won't be reading some crazy crap about me in the papers over the next few days.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by TECHNOKID View Post
    Don't I wish I could loose 45 pounds!
    It's not as hard as you think, once you get adjusted!

I used loseit.com to track what I eat, helps give a better perspective on how many calories you're REALLY consuming. Just slowly whittle down your daily intake (and crank up the exercise) and the calories fall off.

22 pounds since January for this guy (5'10", went from 199 to 177).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Quote Originally Posted by stuwee View Post
    Dang it's only been a few hours, and I'm having withdrawls, this is as bad as quiting the ciggies, but I did that cold turkey too! So I can do this, in fact, if I make it to the 31 days, I may just quit forever!!! I bet it will taste pretty crappy after awhile of not drinking it...but I've looked at that pic I posted of it in my sink about 5 times...Nah, it's gone, and I/WE can do this
    You could say I was addicted to pop (well caffeine) a few months ago and had myself stop cold turkey. I noticed my headaches were increasing more recently and looked like they occured when I didn't drink any pop. Well after I stopped, I had probably the worst headaches of my life in the next week or so. After that though, other than a few minor sinus headaches (and hangovers), I haven't had a migraine since. I do drink caffeine free pop every once in a while though for the taste.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    You could say I was addicted to pop (well caffeine) a few months ago and had myself stop cold turkey. I noticed my headaches were increasing more recently and looked like they occured when I didn't drink any pop. Well after I stopped, I had probably the worst headaches of my life in the next week or so. After that though, other than a few minor sinus headaches (and hangovers), I haven't had a migraine since. I do drink caffeine free pop every once in a while though for the taste.
    Thats your body saying it needed it's fix of caffeine....and sugar. I had the same thing when I stopped plus neck pains,body aches. Now it's just coffee in the morning.

Actually, stopping the coffee all day routine accidently turned me on to my current love for tea. Here's a tip for you guys who suffer from acid reflux, a cup of a good quality herbal green tea, which is naturally caffeine free,a teaspoon of organic honey, after you eat and acid reflux is gone. Never had it again since I started drinking green tea at night.

Just had my last Coke.... hopefully you won't be reading some crazy crap about me in the papers over the next few days.
    LOL... nope just crazy posts from you on the forums
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by stuwee View Post
    That's the idea. If you are a frequent soda drinker, the first week or two will be a B****. After that, you will be fine. If you go and grab a coke after the month ends, your taste buds will have changed so much you won't want to drink it.

I'm in but apparently have been for a few months now...seems I have unknowingly reduced my soda consumption. Wife noticed how little soda she's been buying lately. But then, my tequila bill has increased....must be a connection here somewhere. I will finish what's in the frig and no more rootbeer for me.

This must be the hardest time of the year to do this!! If you can get thru the summer then other seasons should be a breeze!

Member Sales Rating: (40)

I have NEVER seen you drink a soda. I wouldn't even know what to offer you. A ginger ale?

Everyone should make a note if they weighed in pre or post defecation. It's probably a good idea to weigh your movement itself and keep a chart.

Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    OK, I'll join for fun. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and I had no soda today. I'm not a huge soda drinker anyways but why not. - Mark
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Thread Information