Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I got back from my 6 month stay in Texas on July 1st and weighed in at a chubby 257lbs (those 3 day a week steak meals were awesome!). I cut out all the crap and went clean. Waved bye bye to soda and most forms of snackin. I cleaned up the diet eating scrambled eggs for breakfast, protein shakes mid morning and mid afternoon. Lunch is usually grilled boneless skinless chicken or sometimes extra lean ground turkey burger with either steamed veggies or a salad. Dinner is practically the same as lunch. I cut out all the evening snackin as well.

Other than OJ and Pomegranite juice with breakfast, it's been water all day up until bedtime.

I stick strictly to high intensity strength training! According to the scale, I dropped 7lbs this last month. From a body composition standpoint, it's been a very good amount of bodyfat lost and muscle gained.

I gotta say, I sure do miss those Filet Mignon's I had three nights a week in Texas!
    I'm not saying she's a slut, but if her vagina had a password...it would be password.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Skip, I do regular, un sweet tea - if it's fresh brewed with ice, there is nothing more refreshing, and you get a *little* caffeine.

That being said, when I DO get a craving for sweet tea - I always cut it, sometime 50/50, at least 70/30 (sweet to unsweet) - EVERYONE around here makes it like syrup. Sweet tea is supposed to have a *hint* of sweetness, just a little sugar to hit your tounge and get your blood right, it's not supposed to taste like kool aid.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default im out

I was never actually in, much like kramer in the seinfeld episode, about, you know.

As soon as i ran out, i started drinking the wifes little sh*(ty diet cherry cokes.

went out and bought zeros.

Im worthless and weak, you are better off without me, good luck anyone still hangin.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I decided on Friday I was going to cut sodas out for 1 month due to their cost and the addiction. Last time I did this was 7 years ago and I lost 45 lbs in about 4-6 months. I got a few friends to join me in the challenge. Anyone else care to join?
    Been trying to cut back for months. I was up to 5 20oz cherry cokes (nectar of the gods BTW) per day. I am down to 1 and a sprite zero. Thats as low as i will go!!!!!!!

Good luck man

Quote Originally Posted by shawn474 View Post
    Been trying to cut back for months. I was up to 5 20oz cherry cokes (nectar of the gods BTW) per day. I am down to 1 and a sprite zero. Thats as low as i will go!!!!!!!

Good luck man
    Like I tell everyone, get past the first week and you are golden. Thursday was hell, but the last 3 days were a breeze. Water tastes better than it has in a long time. I guess its the same with everything though. Give it enough time for your taste buds to become unfamiliar with those flavors and they lose the grasp they once had on you.

Like I tell everyone, get past the first week and you are golden. Thursday was hell, but the last 3 days were a breeze. Water tastes better than it has in a long time. I guess its the same with everything though. Give it enough time for your taste buds to become unfamiliar with those flavors and they lose the grasp they once had on you.
    Yeppers, I'm feeling much better, some buddies took me out this evening, and they asked 'what are ya having'? I said just shots tonight guys, I quit drinking soda. was the responce.

No more headaches, and I'm sleeping much better!!
    Huh? Wot?? Dig it :tongue:

Where can I get me some??

I'm seriously thinking about trying to kick this addiction. I'm 6'2" and weigh in at 245. I need to lose about 50 lbs. I figure if I cut out the 1.5 litres of coke that I ingest everyday, I should get there in about 2 months. Time to start carrying chilled water.

Three weeks in and I'm sitting at about 215 lbs. I account only 5 lbs being lost due to a horrible diet lately. The better news is I have zero desire for sodas anymore.

My wife is two weeks into hers but she still has a little desire left for one. Another friend is in 3 weeks too and its like he's quitting smoking. Kind of funny hearing his take on it.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

5 lbs in three weeks is nothing to scoff at. In general the rule is 1-2 lbs a week; anything beyond that becomes difficult to sustain without bounce back.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Thumbs up

Three weeks in and I'm sitting at about 215 lbs. I account only 5 lbs being lost due to a horrible diet lately. The better news is I have zero desire for sodas anymore.

My wife is two weeks into hers but she still has a little desire left for one. Another friend is in 3 weeks too and its like he's quitting smoking. Kind of funny hearing his take on it.
    Nice! still soda free here, but I've been having dreams about frothy root beer in a frosty mug

i bet if I had one now, I'd barf :tongue:
    Huh? Wot?? Dig it :tongue:

Where can I get me some??

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by stuwee View Post
    Nice! still soda free here, but I've been having dreams about frothy root beer in a frosty mug

i bet if I had one now, I'd barf :tongue:
    Toss in a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream and where do I sign up ?

Member Sales Rating: (10)

I tried to quit soda once not too far back. The headache was more than I was willing to deal with.

I couldn't do it... FAIL

So Skip, I havent gone cold turkey, but been working on reducing my total intake by a can or two. Just didnt want to say anything in case I failed

Been able to keep it to ~ 3 - 4 cans a day (which is down from 6-7) of Diet MD.

Well a friend and I both completed the challenge. Between the two of us, we've lost about 25 lbs (most of it on his end). Anyone else stick in there with us?

I'm doing it again. Who wants to jump in this time?

Member Sales Rating: (37)

I had 3 Cokes, but they were all about 1/2 Coke, 1/2 Whiskey. Guess that makes it worse, but it is what it is. I'm still planning to avoid sodas by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PSOVLSK View Post
    I had 3 Cokes, but they were all about 1/2 Coke, 1/2 Whiskey. Guess that makes it worse, but it is what it is. I'm still planning to avoid sodas by themselves.
    I've started drinking honey bourbon on ice. I don't miss mixed drinks, but it took a while to find something to satisfy me.

It's now been over a year since I had a coke. I started another challenge to celebrate: cut out tea and stop the snacking. These habits unfortunately filled the void created by quitting cokes, but I'm hoping to right that ship now.

I haven't craved a coke since the first month ended.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Congrats! But why cut out tea, it's supposed to be good for you in moderation especially Asian Green Teas? Just have it straight, no added sugar. Certainly it has no calories in that form and less caffeine than coffee. 1.4 billion Chinese can't be all wrong? lol

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

I quit coke years ago as part of a modified atkins diet (no carbs no sugar) dropped 45 lbs in 45 days and never ate so much in my life.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a
    McIntosh MC 2120 bi-amped
    Into JBL L123 drivers
    Rane external crossover.
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    ADCOM GDA 700 DAC ( MODDED)
    YAMMY CDC-665
    Marantz 6100 tt w/pickering XV-15/625E cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    POLK RTA-12C'S W/ RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills risistors (full mod)
    MIT exps2 speaker cable

Eh, I dont smoke, rarely drink.... gotta have some kind of vice (besides audio and computers ) so I choose Diet MD and hard candy .....

Haven't looked back lol
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Glad to see this thread resurrected - 24 pepsi's at Wal-Mart = $6.59 & 3600 (empty) calories. 40 green tea bags = less than $4 and zero calories + plus some intrinsic anti-oxidant benefits.

Once you kick a bad habit it's easy to not to backslide into it.
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie

Member Sales Rating: (5)

I switched to San Pellegrino. I find I miss the carbonation from the soft drinks, guess I like the bubbles, and it tastes better than club soda. A case at Costco goes for $9.99 whenever there's a sale. I still go for the occasional Diet Coke but it's no longer the dominatrix it used to be, lol.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

I rarely drink soda , what I do have is a Rootbeer Float which is one of my very favorites. I don't drink Root beer by itself anymore as Soda is really bad for you.

I use to drink soda of all kinds at least 3 to 4 times a week. I never had it every day as I'm a huge water fan. I actually like water and always have.
    I do however drink Vitamin Water when I ride or work out or just want a shot in the morning instead of a coffee.

Coffee I only have 12 oz per day and I drink it about 5 to 6 times a week. I have a small problem trying to give that up. I cut it down to 12 oz from 16oz. At home I drink about 10 to 12 oz.

Beer I cut just about out as I gained weight drinking so many craft beers over the last few years. I went from 240 to 264 in that time period and hated every moment. I didn't change my workouts or eating , it was all the beer.
    I cut way down on the been and started a completely new eating program which I want to do for the rest of my life. The changes I'm making are for life not just to lose weight and get in better shape.

I would say not to cut out coke or soda out of your life completely but to limit yourself where it's not hurting you so much but still makes you happy. It's really about doing better not doing perfect. We all love food in many different ways but abuse is abuse and thats what needs to be fixed.

I only advise for anyone is to never give up. Take it slow and enjoy life. Don't diet but learn how to eat and enjoy for life. It's really about living out a good life not one your unhappy with.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    Don't diet but learn how to eat and enjoy for life. It's really about living out a good life not one your unhappy with.
    Best advice right there.

A little education, and moderation, and most won't have to give up a thing. After all, who wants to eat rice patties the rest of their lives ?

Seriously, as we age our bodies work differently, digest foods slower, absorb nutrients slower, metabolism changes, testosterone sinks, yet we carry the same habits of our youth. Pop everyday, cake,cookies, junk food etc. Getting your weight down as you get older can be a task if you don't adress the bigger picture. I would also suggest anyone looking to get rid of a few pounds and start a different eating habit, use a colon cleanser first. Years of garbage eating can leave up to 20 lbs alone in the colon. Yeah, you'll be running to the crapper often for a few days but you'll like the results you'll see.

Think of dumping the weight in audio terms. You don't upgrade the source by leaps and bounds and leave everything else at entry level.....hope not anyway. "Everything matters " applies to weight loss and audio.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    I would say not to cut out coke or soda out of your life completely but to limit yourself where it's not hurting you so much but still makes you happy. It's really about doing better not doing perfect. We all love food in many different ways but abuse is abuse and thats what needs to be fixed.

I only advise for anyone is to never give up. Take it slow and enjoy life. Don't diet but learn how to eat and enjoy for life. It's really about living out a good life not one your unhappy with.
    I understand what you are saying, but for cokes, it doesn't work like that for me. I have to quite cold turkey to get anywhere with them. I've tried the one-a-day thing and it just doesn't work. I was fine picking up sweet tea as a "substitute" last year because I wasn't doing it every day. However, as time progressed, it became more than just a "now and then" treat. It also pushed me to go out for fast food to get said tea rather than eating the packed lunch I brought. Cutting out the tea has already cut back on my eating out.

I'm not sure how everyone feels about The Biggest Loser here, but one thing that I heard on there that has always stuck with me is this: "Never drink your calories". I'm trying to abide to that because I know that's where it really starts to add up for me.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Never drink your calories refers to what they call empty calories, no nutritional value and loaded with sugar. Sweet tea in place of Coke....man, same crap.

Sugar is an addicting substance. When you guys try quiting the pop, the body craves the sugar in one form or another. Eating fruit will help starve off those cravings, something naturally sweet like a strawberry or watermellon. Those cravings can also drive you to the fast food drive thru to get your fix since so much of it is loaded with sugar. You don't have to cut out fast food completely, just not everyday for lunch or on the drive home.

There is a story about how the fast food chains are losing customers and some may be going out of business. Maybe this is the start of a trend. People are maybe getting away form the fast food way of thinking.
    Larry

Fast food chains only go out of buisness because of poor management. People will always crave it, eat it. Once one generation realizes how bad it is for you, another generation arises to embrace it's concept.....and the cycle continues.

What a great thread! I know I'm late to the game... I've been cutting back on sodas for a little while. I won't even admit to how much I was drinking-it's embarassing. I'll have some with lunch now but that's usually about it. The headaches are horrible. I'm not sure if it's caffiene withdrawal, stress or my normal migraines. I quit once before and it lasted several years. When I had it again it was gross but I still love it. Go figure. Now that I see a group of people supporting each other I'll make an even stronger effort cut the sodas. They are bad!
    Have a wheelie nice day!

Yamaha RX-V3300
    Yamaha CDC-585
    Yamaha DV-C6480
    RTi12 mains
    CS400i center
    RTi38 r/l surrounds
    OWM3 presense
    PSW 202
    RTi100 B channel powered bedroom speakers

Thread Information